By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama throws support behind controversial Islamic Center

I know the extremist are a minority but you have to understand

Really why do they want to build it there?  It seems like a slap when you consider what happened in Europe when a newspaper wanted to print pictures a certain religious person.  Death threats street vandalism.  South Park creators were threatened for an episode with a certain religious person.

So I am sure the Muslims understand why building the mosque near ground zero will cause an uproar as it should   

Around the Network
mhsillen said:

I would say that a lot  German fighting in WW2 were good men fighting for their country while only few were extremist so it only take a few in power to cause a lot of destuction.(true in any war) It' not the average muslim we have to worry about but those in power behind the scenes.

Smidlee said:
mhsillen said:

I would say that a lot  German fighting in WW2 were good men fighting for their country while only few were extremist so it only take a few in power to cause a lot of destuction. It' not the average muslim we have to worry about but those in power behind the scenes.

Honestly this issue brings negative tears.  It's like common sense and peoples dignity is being flushed.

It is so insensitive from people crying out for sensitivity 
I mean the Muslims are now being insensitive

Killiana1a said:

@ Commentators who have quoted me,

I apologize for having a difference of opinion. I understand exactly where you are coming from. If this Muslim Mosque is built it symbolizes the greatest of American values in tolerance, freedom of religion, and forgiveness of past transgressions. Admirable, but naive when there are those of the Muslim faith who have proclaimed war with the West and have taken actions going back from the first WTC bombings in 1993, 9/11, the 2004 Madrid train bombing,Beslan, the thwarted British subway bombing, Darfur, Abu Sayyaf in the Philippines, and on.

This will also be viewed by militant Islamic extremists as capitulation and victory on their part. Imagine if after the Oklahoma City Bombing allowed a white racist church to be built a few blocks from the site? No one would support it because of what it symbolizes.

All these militants needs to be seeing as symbolism is predator drones flying overhead dropping bombs and US Army snipers in pine trees just like Ruby Ridge.

That is all I have to say on this subject.

Only the New York, London and Madrid bombings out of those are interlinked at all. Beslan was the Chechens, Abu Sayyaf is primarily an indiginous movement, and Darfur is much more a racial thing than a religious one.

Granted, they're all loosely interlinked, but to portray this as a struggle against a monolithic foe overestimates Islamic Jihad, which is as fractuous as any enemy we've faced before.

It definitely wasn't the smartest political move for Obama to support this, but i'm quite proud of it, because it really proves that al-Qaeda's efforts have been futile. It means that 9/11 has mostly failed by this point, given that we are tolerant enough to allow such a thing to happen, and shows a victory of human understanding that is exactly what defeats radicalism in the long run.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Killiana1a said:

@ Commentators who have quoted me,

I apologize for having a difference of opinion. I understand exactly where you are coming from. If this Muslim Mosque is built it symbolizes the greatest of American values in tolerance, freedom of religion, and forgiveness of past transgressions. Admirable, but naive when there are those of the Muslim faith who have proclaimed war with the West and have taken actions going back from the first WTC bombings in 1993, 9/11, the 2004 Madrid train bombing,Beslan, the thwarted British subway bombing, Darfur, Abu Sayyaf in the Philippines, and on.

This will also be viewed by militant Islamic extremists as capitulation and victory on their part. Imagine if after the Oklahoma City Bombing allowed a white racist church to be built a few blocks from the site? No one would support it because of what it symbolizes.

All these militants needs to be seeing as symbolism is predator drones flying overhead dropping bombs and US Army snipers in pine trees just like Ruby Ridge.

That is all I have to say on this subject.

Only the New York, London and Madrid bombings out of those are interlinked at all. Beslan was the Chechens, Abu Sayyaf is primarily an indiginous movement, and Darfur is much more a racial thing than a religious one.

Granted, they're all loosely interlinked, but to portray this as a struggle against a monolithic foe overestimates Islamic Jihad, which is as fractuous as any enemy we've faced before.

It definitely wasn't the smartest political move for Obama to support this, but i'm quite proud of it, because it really proves that al-Qaeda's efforts have been futile. It means that 9/11 has mostly failed by this point, given that we are tolerant enough to allow such a thing to happen, and shows a victory of human understanding that is exactly what defeats radicalism in the long run.

I hope you are correct but I believe that is nieve. There are factions that hide with the peaceful

And you don't seem to care for the ones who suffered.

Around the Network

There are 30 mosques is NYC which shows our tolerance

1 Mosque at ground zero show we are patsy's

Please do not get me started on the tolerance in Muslim   countries

This is not real news.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

This is not real news.

Why would the implications not be real news?

are you not curious of human behavior? 

Smidlee said:

There is a  big difference in believe the government shouldn't step in (I agree 100%) and someone supporting this move/group. KKK is protected under free speech yet I refuse to support this group and will stand against their racism. This is not an good example of how wonderful  freedom of religion and free speech is but a bad side effect.

wow! i think you said it best.

mhsillen said:
deskpro2k3 said:

This is not real news.

Why would the implications not be real news?

are you not curious of human behavior? 

The media in America like to blow things out of proportion. To me this is like another drama story about Chelsea Clinton wedding falling on the same day of that other girl's wedding just up the block.

There are more serious issues the media wont show you.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5