By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama throws support behind controversial Islamic Center

deskpro2k3 said:
mhsillen said:
deskpro2k3 said:

This is not real news.

Why would the implications not be real news?

are you not curious of human behavior? 

The media in America like to blow things out of proportion. To me this is like another drama story about Chelsea Clinton wedding falling on the same day of that other girl's wedding just up the block.

There are more serious issues the media wont show you.

This isn't a wedding

This is the president endorsing the building of a religious complex in a country that has a separation of church and state on every other religion. And from this religion a faction blew up and killed 3000 people.

Yes this is news not a head in the sand moment. 

The twin towers for some were a symbol of sorts for this country and now being replaced by the symbol of the destructors

Thats not news?

Around the Network

My 28 year old son might end up at the end of a rope in some of those countries

any one question his religion now?

theman88 said:

Not really...It doesn't matter if he is muslim,buddhist or christian ...atleast for me;.

It makes no sense to me why people are protesting this. I know tons of Muslims, all of which are pretty good people. People need to learn how to separate the Taliban and Al Qaeda from the Muslims themselves who all seem to share  a much different set of values. It would be like comparing all Christians to the Westboro Baptists and saying they are exactly the same...

I think its a great idea to build a Mosque near ground zero. I am certain in the thousands of people who died some of the people were Muslim and lets face facts we need to unify this country under the idea that we tolerate and accept the beliefs and way of life of others. Isn't that what America is supposed to be?

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

Around the Network

I respect him a lot for this as the entire controversy is increadibly stupid.

Anyone against this new mosque is a huge hypocrite (if american) and is severly denouncing the best ideals of our Constitution.

theman88 said:

No, he's Christian. He's also American and a President who must uphold our Constitution. There is absolutely no reason to not allow that Mosque to be built.

mhsillen said:
deskpro2k3 said:
mhsillen said:
deskpro2k3 said:

This is not real news.

Why would the implications not be real news?

are you not curious of human behavior? 

The media in America like to blow things out of proportion. To me this is like another drama story about Chelsea Clinton wedding falling on the same day of that other girl's wedding just up the block.

There are more serious issues the media wont show you.

This isn't a wedding

This is the president endorsing the building of a religious complex in a country that has a separation of church and state on every other religion. And from this religion a faction blew up and killed 3000 people.

Yes this is news not a head in the sand moment. 

The twin towers for some were a symbol of sorts for this country and now being replaced by the symbol of the destructors

Thats not news?

Way to blow things out of proportion, kinda like the media. Firstly, 1.5 billion people in the World are muslim, yet you let the actions of a few extremists symbolise the entire population. Secondly, it's 2 blocks away from the site. It's hardly replacing the twin towers. Why is this such a big issue. People need to learn to seperate terrorists and extremists with the vast majority of muslims and Islam.

mhsillen said:

There are 30 mosques is NYC which shows our tolerance

1 Mosque at ground zero show we are patsy's

Please do not get me started on the tolerance in Muslim   countrie

But America isn't like those countries and nor should it try to be. One of the best things about the US is its constitution. Its hypocritical to not allow the Mosque to be built.

kaneada said:

I think its a great idea to build a Mosque near ground zero. I am certain in the thousands of people who died some of the people were Muslim and lets face facts we need to unify this country under the idea that we tolerate and accept the beliefs and way of life of others. Isn't that what America is supposed to be?

Wasn't America supposed to be an big supporter of freedom of speech but showed the world it is throwing it away? (Aka South Park episode) tolerance should come frome both sides not one;..otherwise you get situations like in Europe where people get beating, killed simply for giving some critic against the islam..;.