By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama throws support behind controversial Islamic Center

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/08/13/obama.islamic.center.support/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

I dont think any other president would have the balls to do so. Good job obama.

Around the Network

i was really surprised by this, he didn't need to share his opinion on this, and most Americans are against it but he still did anyways.   Protests are going up all over the nation against the building of mosques in many other places as well, it is just getting out of control.  Don't know where they were when they put the worship center for muslims in the pentagon.  That is actually inside the pentagon, the NYC mosque is 2 blocks away from ground zero.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

yes respecting all religion is a very good thing.in past years all president in USA have shown their hate against muslims.

But good job from obama.

This is equivalent to the US building a Japanese shrine dedicated to Emperor Hirohito at Pearl Harbor after the end of World War 2.

Shame on you Obama.

"This is equivalent to the US building a Japanese shrine dedicated to Emperor Hirohito at Pearl Harbor after the end of World War 2.

Shame on you Obama."

that is not equivalent at all, Pearl Harbor is not in the middle of NYC, a massively multicultural city with many muslims and cram tons of buildings into a small area.  Pearl Harbor isn't private land at all for another thing. 

Around the Network

Obama got balls, big ones too!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

not only that but Japanese emporer was directly responsible for the war, he was seen as a god but he was part of the military government that attacked us.  Islam is just the relgion of people that attacked us, it is also the religion of 1.5 billion people worldwide in every country all over the world including millions of Americans and many people that died in the 911 attacks. 

Killiana1a said:

This is equivalent to the US building a Japanese shrine dedicated to Emperor Hirohito at Pearl Harbor after the end of World War 2.

Shame on you Obama.

Yeah wtf why is he supporting peace? lets nuke everyone so the next Fallout game would come sooner.

Also , anyone remember Hiroshima being nuked but damn asian's eyes look weird so who gives a shit?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Good job Obama, but seeing how fanatic Americans are, the Republicans will probably use it against him.

@Killiana1a: You sure about that? Maybe they were just terrorists hiding behind the cloak of Islam, but no, blaming a whole religion is just easier, right?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

@ Commentators who have quoted me,

I apologize for having a difference of opinion. I understand exactly where you are coming from. If this Muslim Mosque is built it symbolizes the greatest of American values in tolerance, freedom of religion, and forgiveness of past transgressions. Admirable, but naive when there are those of the Muslim faith who have proclaimed war with the West and have taken actions going back from the first WTC bombings in 1993, 9/11, the 2004 Madrid train bombing,Beslan, the thwarted British subway bombing, Darfur, Abu Sayyaf in the Philippines, and on.

This will also be viewed by militant Islamic extremists as capitulation and victory on their part. Imagine if after the Oklahoma City Bombing allowed a white racist church to be built a few blocks from the site? No one would support it because of what it symbolizes.

All these militants needs to be seeing as symbolism is predator drones flying overhead dropping bombs and US Army snipers in pine trees just like Ruby Ridge.

That is all I have to say on this subject.