By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - May be late but i really want to know how people feel about FF13

May be late but i really want to know how people feel about FF13

Amazing 49 21.97%

Alright 51 22.87%

Disappointed 59 26.46%

BOOO! I want Squaresoft back 48 21.52%

Cant return opened games, I WILL KILL YOU! 16 7.17%

Total:223
CGI-Quality said:

Isn't my favorite in the series, but I did enjoy it. I'd put it between amazing and alright because both are two extremes that need a middle man: Good. :P

Yeah, there should definitely be an in-between in that poll!

I put the game around the PS1 FF's (7-9, 9 stuck here due to loading times), so while not amazing, I did think it was very, very good. I can understand the hate surrounding the game, since it is so different, but luckily for me I enjoyed many of the changes. Particularly the battle system (reset hp every fight, no mp, paradigm system) - fun stuff

Around the Network
c0rd said:
CGI-Quality said:

Isn't my favorite in the series, but I did enjoy it. I'd put it between amazing and alright because both are two extremes that need a middle man: Good. :P

I put the game around the PS1 FF's (7-9, 9 stuck here due to loading times), so while not amazing, I did think it was very, very good. I can understand the hate surrounding the game, since it is so different, but luckily for me I enjoyed many of the changes. Particularly the battle system (reset hp every fight, no mp, paradigm system) - fun stuff

....what? 9 has loading time problems?

If anything FF8 does taking 10 seconds to load each screen.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

CGI-Quality said:

Agreed, I would have voted good also ;).

dtewi said:
c0rd said:
CGI-Quality said:

The only thing I recall in particular is the loading times for battles - FF9 was an eternity, looking on youtube it's around 17-19 seconds (that's ridiculous). You can actually tell by the battle music, and this happens to be the reason I haven't bothered with Lost Odyssey yet, as it seems to be plagued with the same problem

Only good thing from FFXIII was Vanille.

The absolute worst thing from FFXIII was Hope and Snow....can't remember how many times I wanted to break the game in half after suffering their "monologs".

S-E's last chance is FFvsXIII... if that game suck I won't be buying any more FF games until they return to the golden days of Turnbased combat.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

I already knew FFXIII it had an open world but I just stopped playing it because it got really boring. It could have gotten as open world as you wanted it too but it still wouldn't be as great as it should have been due to the linear and somewhat repetitive gameplay that made me stop playing it in the first place. The graphics were superb and a few of the characters were ok but other than that I just didn't like it.

I really hope that FFversusXIII will be an improvement over FFXIII.

i finished the just because it was a final fantasy game but it was a very dissapointing game really boring incredably annoying characters but still much better then FF12...

Potentially my least favorite game in the entire series. I was unable to finish it. Vanille and Hope are two of the most grating characters in the franchises history. It's one monotonous linear trek. You fight until you get to a cutscene ad nauseam for dozens of hours. I tried to like the game. I made to Pulse and I just couldn't take it anymore. I did like Sazh though.

dtewi said:
c0rd said:
CGI-Quality said:

9 was the worst with battle oading, that's why I don't like it more than 7 combined with something else not related. Though I did play the pc versions of 7 and 8. But I replayed 8, and 9 on ps3... and only noticed 9 again.

I finally finished the game. I took a 2 month break because it just got pretty boring and frustrating. I'm glad I went back and finished it. I think the two most frustrating parts of the game are the terrible characters (just not believable) and the massive battles with really pathetic rewards. It wasn't until Gran Pulse before you actually get fair compensation for the battle you fight. 

With that said, the combat was pretty fun, and it was an original story, even if it wasn't always good.

All in al, I never expect to play this game again.