By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - May be late but i really want to know how people feel about FF13

May be late but i really want to know how people feel about FF13

Amazing 49 21.97%

Alright 51 22.87%

Disappointed 59 26.46%

BOOO! I want Squaresoft back 48 21.52%

Cant return opened games, I WILL KILL YOU! 16 7.17%

Total:223

Dissappointed on the whole. There were points where I thought it'd picked up and wanted to keep playing, but they were too few and far between.

My biggest disappointment? Not the linearity, lack of towns, slow pace, or somewhat annoying characters but the lack of variety, especially at the end. All the extras and side quests were all to do with fighting, which whilst can be fun, for a further 50 hrs (to do all the extra side quests) on top of the 50 hrs to complete the game, it's just too damn boring.

No card games, no chocobo breeding, no blitzball, no real puzzle solving. Just fights.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:

No card games, no chocobo breeding, no blitzball, no real puzzle solving. Just fights.

I think that is a plus. I don't care for card games, chocobo breeding or blitzball. If it can be avoided, I don't mind them. But puzzle solving... puzzles in many games are just time consuming, boring puzzles made for simpletons.

And just to be clear, those puzzles are like "pull this lever to get to next lever and pull that to open a door which leads to new lever". Blah.

It's my first Final Fantasy since the SNES and I was severely disappointed, I fell into the hype, bought the game, played it for a couple of hours and then never touched it again. Such a waste of $70. I'm up to the snow level and I don't know if I should go back and try and finish it.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Simply AMAZING!

Whenever I play it in between games I buy now, it makes me happy to go back into that world, experience the music and the characters I've come to know and love (except Vanille). Its the game I play whenever I'm feeling down to cheer me up!

It waltzes into my top 5 FF games and its not as good as FF6, near to FFX but better than the rest. 

FF Versus XIII looks to take everything to the next level!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

is amazing game bt is not as gud as ff8 (best ff) or ff7. Aftr ff12 i gave up on ff, bt ff13 made me luv the series again so i am vry happy with th game.

gud to see th poll shows lots ov ppl thnk ff13 is amazing.

Around the Network

I got twenty hours in and thought the gameplay was horrible, the characters were mediocre and the level up system gave no room to create your own fighters. The lack of towns and the linerity were boring as hell. The only good thing about the game is it looks good doing average stuff with its colorful design. I might be done with Final Fantasy after this game and thats a danm shame.

Excellent game in almost all aspects. The writing was decidedly mediocre compared to everything else, the person who wrote the games script should be shot and Fang was extremely underdeveloped as a character, her charisma and personality has blinded people. The rest was great!

Had stopped playing at Chapter 11 because of studies. Then I made a thread here asking if it should be worth going back to. Some people said that the last chapters are some of their best time they've had in gaming.

I continued. Guess what? The rest was still atrocious, following corridors and fighting enemies over and over again with that boring ass repetitive battle system. Also, everything in the story was predictable from that point you get in Oerba. The ending was also very bad in my opinion.  I'd say in general, I was really really disappointed. I don't even want to do the endgame stuff. Oh, one last thing, that obligatory grinding in Chapter 11 is just stupid.

So here I am, hoping that Versus XIII will be an actual FF game and that Square Enix can save themselves with it. Honestly, the only good thing they have now is the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Alright

I expected a better game , but I'm not disappointed because I'm a reasonable person and I don't get blinded by hype <_< .

Admittedly, I haven't finished it yet, but I can already tell the script is atrocious, and quite possibly the worst in an FF game EVER. Still, the battle system is great and a refreshing change.

It's a good game and all in its own right, but like I said, the story pacing is boring me to death. Lost Odyssey had a great story, but its downfall, IMO, was its stale combat. I don't mind playing older FF games out of nostalgia, but times change.

Thankfully Dragon Quest still works its magic. Feedback to KH: Birth by Sleep has been good. Honestly, my hopes are on FF Versus XIII.

Edit: Oh and best JRPG this gen on consoles? Easily Valkyria Chronicles.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!