By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - May be late but i really want to know how people feel about FF13

May be late but i really want to know how people feel about FF13

Amazing 49 21.97%

Alright 51 22.87%

Disappointed 59 26.46%

BOOO! I want Squaresoft back 48 21.52%

Cant return opened games, I WILL KILL YOU! 16 7.17%

Total:223
Antabus said:
Scoobes said:

No card games, no chocobo breeding, no blitzball, no real puzzle solving. Just fights.

I think that is a plus. I don't care for card games, chocobo breeding or blitzball. If it can be avoided, I don't mind them. But puzzle solving... puzzles in many games are just time consuming, boring puzzles made for simpletons.

And just to be clear, those puzzles are like "pull this lever to get to next lever and pull that to open a door which leads to new lever". Blah.

All of which were completely optional but gave variety to the gameplay. Instead if you want to acheive everything in the game it's just a series battles, with nothing in between... which is fine for an FPS campaign at 10 hrs, but not a 100 hr RPG. The game never forced you to do them, but they made for a nice change. Admitedly, the game never forces you to keep fighting, but it's all there is!

And whilst puzzles are typically simple, they make for a nice change of pace, and for optional more challenging side quests, usually take a bit of extra effort.

Around the Network

I played a couple of hours of it and it was not worthy of my time.

SHMUPGurus said:

Had stopped playing at Chapter 11 because of studies. Then I made a thread here asking if it should be worth going back to. Some people said that the last chapters are some of their best time they've had in gaming.

I continued. Guess what? The rest was still atrocious, following corridors and fighting enemies over and over again with that boring ass repetitive battle system. Also, everything in the story was predictable from that point you get in Oerba. The ending was also very bad in my opinion.  I'd say in general, I was really really disappointed. I don't even want to do the endgame stuff. Oh, one last thing, that obligatory grinding in Chapter 11 is just stupid.

So here I am, hoping that Versus XIII will be an actual FF game and that Square Enix can save themselves with it. Honestly, the only good thing they have now is the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

you forgot TWEWY, so effing good. :(

thelifatree said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Had stopped playing at Chapter 11 because of studies. Then I made a thread here asking if it should be worth going back to. Some people said that the last chapters are some of their best time they've had in gaming.

I continued. Guess what? The rest was still atrocious, following corridors and fighting enemies over and over again with that boring ass repetitive battle system. Also, everything in the story was predictable from that point you get in Oerba. The ending was also very bad in my opinion.  I'd say in general, I was really really disappointed. I don't even want to do the endgame stuff. Oh, one last thing, that obligatory grinding in Chapter 11 is just stupid.

So here I am, hoping that Versus XIII will be an actual FF game and that Square Enix can save themselves with it. Honestly, the only good thing they have now is the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

He's talking about SE's series', unless there's an announced sequel to The World Ends With You which I didn't hear about...

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
thelifatree said:
SHMUPGurus said:

He's talking about SE's series', unless there's an announced sequel to The World Ends With You which I didn't hear about...

So it has to be more than one game, bah! i want to reinvent that damn word D:. Damnz I fail! TWEWY 2 was Not, announced. just teasing by tetsuya nomura... in an article. But SE teases a lot D:.

Around the Network

Biggest sh** ever.

Take my love, take my land..

I am the same as you, I think I'm around chapter 10 and haven't touched it in about a month. I plan on going back to finish it sometime soon, but only because I hate leaving things unfinished, but to be honest, it feels more like a chore than a game.

My opinion of FF13?

Lets just say I would file it under: Shit, utter shit, shitty shit, garbage, utter garbage, garbage shit, dogs, darth's opinion of the psp, darth's opinion in general, Gabe Newell's favorite pass time other than eating, pants, toilet water, and the letter Q (fuck the letter Q)

As you can tell... I loved it!

I'm almost finished with my first playthrough, and I gotta say, I love this game.

I'd say it's probably my 3rd favorite FF behind FFVI and FFX, though 10 and 13 are close.  May change spots.

A lot of people say the battle system is boring, I don't find it to be boring at all.  I get the feeling that the people who hate it set it to one Paradigm and never shift unless they absolutely have to.  I'm always thinking about how to maximize my battle strategies, often switching paradigms every few seconds.  It's fun!  But it may not be for everyone.  There's a lot of strategy to it, if you want to get into it, and for me, it's extremely engaging and never gets boring.

Also, the story is good and the music and voice acting and graphics are all top-notch.  What more could I ask for in a game?

Fayceless said:

I'm almost finished with my first playthrough, and I gotta say, I love this game.

I'd say it's probably my 3rd favorite FF behind FFVI and FFX, though 10 and 13 are close.  May change spots.

A lot of people say the battle system is boring, I don't find it to be boring at all.  I get the feeling that the people who hate it set it to one Paradigm and never shift unless they absolutely have to.  I'm always thinking about how to maximize my battle strategies, often switching paradigms every few seconds.  It's fun!  But it may not be for everyone.  There's a lot of strategy to it, if you want to get into it, and for me, it's extremely engaging and never gets boring.

Also, the story is good and the music and voice acting and graphics are all top-notch.  What more could I ask for in a game?

No. Don't imply that we don't know how the mechanics work. I still don't get how Paradigm cancelling makes the battle system more "intense". I have to admit at first I thought it was a glitch. Anyways... and switching between buff/debuff defensive classes to a 2 Ravagers plus Commando build (while switching with another every now and then to Paradigm cancel) to 3 Commandos for maximum damage midway into a long battle isn't what I call strategy when that's what you do for 50 hours. It's just common sense when the enemies have over 9 billion HPs most of the time!

You like the game so I won't try to make you hate it. These are just my thoughts so take them with a grain of salt if you want.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!