By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Please learn to be civil

it'll be great if Bod becomes a mod.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

Sure. Count me in. Until they start bashing the DS.

Lingyis said:
it'll be great if Bod becomes a mod.

I'm assuming Bod has turned down modship?

I can see why if he has, its hard to be the guy that loves everyone when you have to moderate as well. 

I'd definitely nominate Bod for Mod

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Bodhesatva said:

This is true for everyone on the boards, but especially true for my fellow Wii lovers. Not because we're the worst; I don't think we are. But we're certainly in charge on a site dedicated to hardware sales, and as such, it's particularly important for us to be nice.

I think the hostility may be getting worse, not better, and it's discouraging. I want this place to be relevant and full of valuable information. I think it's important for everyone to be nice even when being trolled. Don't resort to calling someone stupid just because people aren't being honest or sincere.

Please?

From my heart in your mouth: I totally just agree :o)

Around the Network

I think that this site attracts a larger percentage of Wii fans than other forums do simply because the main page is a giant "HEY LOOK AT THESE CHARTZ, WII PWNS EVERYTHING" and many Nintendo haters will just refuse to accept the numbers and will go to another forum. We do have some good non-Nintendo gamers here who can accept a little Nintendomination and can offer some good market analysis and discussion without trolling.

As a Wii-lover, the only people who bother me are the people who can't handle Nintendo in the lead and decide that it's a threat to gaming (doom doom doom zonoes style). That's just ridiculous FUD. Outside of that, everybody's chill and can play whatever they want.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

well said bod

I actually don't applaud such requests. There are two reasons for this:
1-Even if you are Bod, the homiest TRU worker on the site, you really have no control over others.
2- It's all lovey dovey right now, but no one will actually give a damn about it if certain members start dealing out crap again. Frankly you are giving them the upper hand with this statement as they get to act like jerks all they want, and we have to live with that? Nuh uh, no, that doesn't work that way Bod.

Sure that what you are asking for is really the most basic of things and so on, but none of us are saints, save for a few souls. My point is that you may actually be disapointed how much your words fell on deaf ears in the end.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

I agree completely!  High five ^^

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

I was going to start a thread like this myself in light of recent discussions.
Too many pople validate their opinions by either claiming superior knowledge of vg history or simply by calling anyone who disagrees ignorant or lame. That is not how you discuss.
Vgchartz houses a lot of hardcore gamers which have very defined preferences and opinions that will not be easily diffused or turned, so people should stop using terms such as; "You know I'm right" and so forth.
If they "knew" you were right, you wouldn't be having the discussion to begin with...
@ at TC: Good initiative, and thanks for targeting the biggest group by far on the forums!