By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Please learn to be civil

Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
We need to remove certain people if this is going to happen.
Im talking about the *cough* person that sends messages about disgusting and inapropriate things. I believe we all know who im talking about.

Also we need to remove that danm stof...........if this site is EVER going to have any comedy credit we have to remove those that phail at it......

(dont toss me ^.^)

no, you must obey stof or he will crush you into dust (according to his sig)

misteromar mk4 said:
Why cant we all just get along?

Nice sentiments, but this is the Internet.

Seconded.

naznatips said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
cats? elmo? civilized conversation? love proposals from secret admirers?
this is the happiest thread to ever grace vgchartz.

If a cat can hug a dog, surely fanboys can get along.

Hug? Or a choke hold? The dog certainly seems to be going for the throat.

damkira said:
I agree with your post, but compared to other forums (have you been to nsider2?) VGChartz is a model of maturity and civility.

This is true, and lets try to keep it that way. Some of the non-Wii crowd are developing a victim complex which is driving me crazy.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

10+ respect points for Bod.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

maybe if galaki had an avatar, then things would straighten out...

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

Oh dear god the Wii is controlling my gaming marketz ZOMG NOOO. Must go crazzy and blow up all Wii Owners as they ownz me hard!11!!11!

Oh wait.. im a PC gamer.. theres more then a billion PCs I can link to and play. Not effecting me in the least in caring.

@Bod -  Good post. Thanks for the assistance in trying to sort out issues. This oddly seems to be similar to a post that was posted back when I became mod.. hmm.. wheres that agreement thread too. 

@alpha_dk - thanks for the mention. Always happy to help maintain order on this site.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Bod, you're just a love-everyone kinda guy aren't you? =D

How can anyone not love you, especially with those kitties in your avatar =)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I admit Im probably to blame for at least some of this, I am a bit stressed due to exams and even at my best I can't stand stupidity so if I have leapt down your throat in the past couple of weeks, I'm sorry and exams are finally over so it probably won't happen again. (Until next year)

But really I think a harsher clampdown needs to occur on the general trolling that occurs on these boards. Some topics are clearly made with no purpose other than to gain a reaction from certain groups of people and I believe that anybody who makes such a topic should be instantly banned for short period of time.

Rath said:
I admit Im probably to blame for at least some of this, I am a bit stressed due to exams and even at my best I can't stand stupidity so if I have leapt down your throat in the past couple of weeks, I'm sorry and exams are finally over so it probably won't happen again. (Until next year)

But really I think a harsher clampdown needs to occur on the general trolling that occurs on these boards. Some topics are clearly made with no purpose other than to gain a reaction from certain groups of people and I believe that anybody who makes such a topic should be instantly banned for short period of time.

I'm in the same position, honestly.  Exams stress me.  I get on the boards for some free time and sometimes go off on leo-j or a.l.e.x. or someone else a little bit.  This will pass =]  Its just a stressful time for college kids (and lower education I would assume too).  

I agree to an extent about moderating a little more.  As much as I dont like seeing 15 of the top 25 threads created by the same person, or some user posting one word replies in 15 different threads, or anything else of that nature, you have to realize that this the internet.  This is a fun website that we all frequent on our down time.  Fun should be had.  But also remember that we are trying maybe look slightly credible to other websites as a sales website.  Now I realize that 98% of the users have nothing to do with the number that is displayed on the top on the main page, but I do feel it looks awkward if sites rely on us for news, direct their viewers here, and right below the numbers are topics such as "OMG SORIKU POSTS A LOT", etc.  

No worries though. These arent complaints as much as they are just thoughts in my head.  Not really too important at the moment.  Sometimes I would just like to see a little more maturity in some members.  For the most part, we are a good group of people =]

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!