By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Another Analyst Suggests Wii 1.5 On the Way

jarrod said:

Revisionist history.  Core games did great on Wii at the start, from RE4 to DQ Swords to Red Steel to COD3 to Metal Slug Anthology to Trauma Center to Ghost Squad... all tiers of games and franchises, and everything was basically meeting to exceeding expectations.  Nevermind Nintendo's own core games (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc), which are among the best selling in the industry.  Even now, Wii actually has quite a few low tier success stories, like Muramasa or Tasunoko Vs Capcom, it's hardly like MH3's alone in being the one 3rd party Wii game to do as well as hoped.  MH3's the only original AAA 3rd party core game though, so it's one of the few core titles that will sell like a AAA 3rd party game.  Again, Wii can't sell what it doesn't have...

And I didn't 'cherry pick', I simply used a few recent examples of notable bombs, which seem to be getting more and more common on the HD twins.  And btw, Raven and Bizarre are both wholly owned subsidiaries of Activision, they literally are Activision.  I did enjoy the mealy mouthed sales excuses though... you sound like a Wii defender.  Which sort of belies the point, there's nothing really inherently unique about Wii's situation or ability to sell what games.  At this point yes, it's market was shaped by what it got, but what it got wasn't really reflective of it's potential or even what it was actually selling upfront...

Like I said, the Wii overwhelmingly sold shovelware, party games, and 1st party much better. A few core games that sold decent doesn't change that.

I hardly consider TvC a success. Blur on both consoles will likely out leg it. Muramasa is likely a success. I own it, not exactly a high quality game. As of now, I think Capcom should have released MH3 on the PSP. It would defiinitely sold better. There were other core games released this year. NMH2, S&P2, RS2, and Arc Rise. Feel free to make excuses for those. Prince of Persia bombed on all platforms, most notably the Wii.

Ultimately, there would be more core games on the Wii if developers were genuinely happy with sales they have received. HVS was trying to cash in on the lack of core games on Wii. Now they're struggling as well.

Those aren't notable bombs. LP2 and DV both got abysmal scores. You know HD consumers are savvy to game reviews. Raven and Bizzare are used to crappy sales.

Its almost like you're saying the HD consoles are bad at selling core games because not everything is a success. When I'm just saying HD consoles have a much better record at selling 3rd party core games than the Wii. For example, a piece of garbage like Saint's Row has sold better than any 3rd party core game on the Wii.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Ultimately, if the Wii did a better job moving core 3rd party games it would get more. I think MH3 is the only core game that had genuinely good sales this year. But it still sold significantly less than the PSP games.

What you're arguing is essentially a chicken / egg scenario.  Wii doesn't get AAA core games because it can't sell core games / Wii can't sell core games because it doesn't get AAA core games.  MH3's about the only real one so far, and it's an exception to both rules...

Well I think its proof that the Wii can get respectable sales on already mega popular series. For example, CoD and Resident Evil also has had sold sales. Less popular core games tend to struggle.

These days, less popular core titles tend to struggle regardless of platform.  I'm not seeing much intrinsically unique to Wii in that regard, I can name plenty of low tier core games that struggled on the HD twins, even from the companies behind COD (Activision) and RE (Capcom)... just recently Lost Planet 2, Dark Void, Singularity or Blur come to mind.  Maybe both companies should consider moving core titles away from those platforms?

If anything, the gulf between success and failure seems even more pronounced on the HD twins for 3rd parties, it's arguably a worse choice for the low tier franchises considering the costs and competition.

Not necessarily. You point out some very poorly reviewed games... What about if we look at new core games (This gen) with good reviews?

Bayonetta.
Red Dead (Okay, not really new... But already massively outsold the little known last gen game).
BlazBlue.
UFC Undisputed.
Assassin's Creed. 
BioShock.
Batman: AA.
Dead Space.
Heavy Rain.
Gears of War.
Mass Effect.

That's off of the top of my head, and without going into 1st party Sony efforts. Which would add a LOT to the list.

Now if we do the same for the Wii...? Well, I can't even think of any really. Can you?

If a publisher/developer makes a good quality game on the HD consoles, it generally has great sales. If it is reviewed poorly... It rarely gets good sales. Even some games that ARE reviewed poorly can do slightly well. Haze being proof of this.

You could work for IGN with quality standards like that.

Lost Planet 2 - just shy of a 7/10 average.

Dark Void - just shy of a 6/10 average.

Singularity - pushing an 8/10 average.

Blur - just above an 8/10 average.

By that reckoning, Singularity and Blur are comfortably 'good' games, Lost Planet 2 is a 'good' game, and Dark Void is a little above 'average'. They are not "very poorly reviewed games" by any sensible definition, unless you're one of those idiotic kids that heralds everything below 9/10 as abhorrent crap.

As for the 'Wii 1.5' rumours, they'll be just like all the other rumours that we've had for nearly four years now, and nothing will come of this one either.

VGChartz

jarrod said:
Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo said:

Wii will get AAA core games soon: Call of Duty Black Ops, Golden 007...

To be honest, I wouldn't call either AAA.  Black Ops Wii is the B version of the B team game (even though COD is still huge and WOW did amazing, I think the negative press from Infinity Ward is going to start seeping in HD side even), and Goldeneye is essentially a game that's banking on nostalgia.  

Epic Mickey is probably the only real one on the horizon, besides Dragon Quest X (and who knows when that'll turn up).

Games like Black Ops and GE 007 aren't core... but you said Ghost Squad is? You even consider a game like Epic Mickey core?

Man, the word has lost all meaning.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

milkyjoe said:
Carl2291 said:
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Ultimately, if the Wii did a better job moving core 3rd party games it would get more. I think MH3 is the only core game that had genuinely good sales this year. But it still sold significantly less than the PSP games.

What you're arguing is essentially a chicken / egg scenario.  Wii doesn't get AAA core games because it can't sell core games / Wii can't sell core games because it doesn't get AAA core games.  MH3's about the only real one so far, and it's an exception to both rules...

Well I think its proof that the Wii can get respectable sales on already mega popular series. For example, CoD and Resident Evil also has had sold sales. Less popular core games tend to struggle.

These days, less popular core titles tend to struggle regardless of platform.  I'm not seeing much intrinsically unique to Wii in that regard, I can name plenty of low tier core games that struggled on the HD twins, even from the companies behind COD (Activision) and RE (Capcom)... just recently Lost Planet 2, Dark Void, Singularity or Blur come to mind.  Maybe both companies should consider moving core titles away from those platforms?

If anything, the gulf between success and failure seems even more pronounced on the HD twins for 3rd parties, it's arguably a worse choice for the low tier franchises considering the costs and competition.

Not necessarily. You point out some very poorly reviewed games... What about if we look at new core games (This gen) with good reviews?

Bayonetta.
Red Dead (Okay, not really new... But already massively outsold the little known last gen game).
BlazBlue.
UFC Undisputed.
Assassin's Creed. 
BioShock.
Batman: AA.
Dead Space.
Heavy Rain.
Gears of War.
Mass Effect.

That's off of the top of my head, and without going into 1st party Sony efforts. Which would add a LOT to the list.

Now if we do the same for the Wii...? Well, I can't even think of any really. Can you?

If a publisher/developer makes a good quality game on the HD consoles, it generally has great sales. If it is reviewed poorly... It rarely gets good sales. Even some games that ARE reviewed poorly can do slightly well. Haze being proof of this.

You could work for IGN with quality standards like that.

Lost Planet 2 - just shy of a 7/10 average.

Dark Void - just shy of a 6/10 average.

Singularity - pushing an 8/10 average.

Blur - just above an 8/10 average.

By that reckoning, Singularity and Blur are comfortably 'good' games, Lost Planet 2 is a 'good' game, and Dark Void is a little above 'average'. They are not "very poorly reviewed games" by any sensible definition, unless you're one of those idiotic kids that heralds everything below 9/10 as abhorrent crap.

As for the 'Wii 1.5' rumours, they'll be just like all the other rumours that we've had for nearly four years now, and nothing will come of this one either.

Lost Planet 2 - Its in the high 60s, not the mid or high 70s. More importantly, basically all the major websites gave it poor scores. So those are the reviews most people saw.

Dark Void - Read above.

Nobody cared about the other games.

As I already said, you can't complain because not everything on HD consoles is a success. They just have a much better record at selling 3rd party core games than the Wii. And that's a big reason they keep getting support.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:

Revisionist history.  Core games did great on Wii at the start, from RE4 to DQ Swords to Red Steel to COD3 to Metal Slug Anthology to Trauma Center to Ghost Squad... all tiers of games and franchises, and everything was basically meeting to exceeding expectations.  Nevermind Nintendo's own core games (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc), which are among the best selling in the industry.  Even now, Wii actually has quite a few low tier success stories, like Muramasa or Tasunoko Vs Capcom, it's hardly like MH3's alone in being the one 3rd party Wii game to do as well as hoped.  MH3's the only original AAA 3rd party core game though, so it's one of the few core titles that will sell like a AAA 3rd party game.  Again, Wii can't sell what it doesn't have...

And I didn't 'cherry pick', I simply used a few recent examples of notable bombs, which seem to be getting more and more common on the HD twins.  And btw, Raven and Bizarre are both wholly owned subsidiaries of Activision, they literally are Activision.  I did enjoy the mealy mouthed sales excuses though... you sound like a Wii defender.  Which sort of belies the point, there's nothing really inherently unique about Wii's situation or ability to sell what games.  At this point yes, it's market was shaped by what it got, but what it got wasn't really reflective of it's potential or even what it was actually selling upfront...

Like I said, the Wii overwhelmingly sold shovelware, party games, and 1st party much better. A few core games that sold decent doesn't change that.

I hardly consider TvC a success. Blur on both consoles will likely out leg it. Muramasa is likely a success. I own it, not exactly a high quality game. As of now, I think Capcom should have released MH3 on the PSP. It would defiinitely sold better. There were other core games released this year. NMH2, S&P2, RS2, and Arc Rise. Feel free to make excuses for those. Prince of Persia bombed on all platforms, most notably the Wii.

Ultimately, there would be more core games on the Wii if developers were genuinely happy with sales they have received. HVS was trying to cash in on the lack of core games on Wii. Now they're struggling as well.

Those aren't notable bombs. LP2 and DV both got abysmal scores. You know HD consumers are savvy to game reviews. Raven and Bizzare are used to crappy sales.

Its almost like you're saying the HD consoles are bad at selling core games because not everything is a success. When I'm just saying HD consoles have a much better record at selling 3rd party core games than the Wii. For example, a piece of garbage like Saint's Row has sold better than any 3rd party core game on the Wii.

I don't think you get it... I'm not disagreeing that Wii chiefly sells shovelware, casualware and 1st party games, especially now.  I'm saying the reason for that though isn't inherent to the platform, it's reflective of the games it's gotten.  It's also not reflective of Wii's first year either, the first year core games actually did better than casual generally, and that was also due to the library landscape.

Capcom said TvC exceed expectations btw, and it did around 50k it's first NPD, which was just one week.  Blur did only 31k it's first NPD, and that's on both systems combined over a week as well.  Blur might outleg it, but that's because it'll move the 600k or so Activision hoodwinked retailers into buying for under $20.   Blur should outsell TvC given the funding and promotion behind it, the fact that it's even in question is proof enough the game bombed hard.  This was supposed to be the "COD of racing" lol.

Muramasa did about as well as it could have.  It's performing on par with Vanillaware's last 2D ARPG on PS2 (Odin Sphere), so I'm not sure what you want there?  That's the real problem with a lot of Wii's core 'flops' or whatever... basically since it doesn't get the AAA content a microscope is put over the few core B/C tier games it does get, and when those sell like B/C tier games, pundits/press/analysts throw up their arms a cry "Wii can't sell core games".  It's ludicrous, it'd be like basing PS2's sales potential off games like Odin Sphere, God Hand, Chulip, RE Dead Aim, Death by Degrees, etc.

As for MoHun... PSP *is* getting MH3.  Or it's own variation of at least, (smartly) tailored to the platform.  MH3 is also already the best selling game in the series outside Japan, it was the first 3rd party console million seller in Japan this gen, so it's not like Capcom's really missed any opportunities there.  They've handheld MH wonderfully really.

I'm not going to make excuses for those Wii games, I think NMH2 and RS2 genuinely underperformed (for various reasons), though S&P2 is 1st party (and let's be honest, no one was expecting big sales there) and ARF *just* came out (we have barely any data on it's performance, too early to say).

And I'm not saying core games do worse on the HD twins.  I'm saying sales of core games this gen have been self-fulfilling prophecy.  It's the same on HD as on Wii, 3rd parties decided what would sell, then they put that there and built those markets, then it happened.  There were early indications for a healthy core market on Wii (COD3 Wii outsold COD PS3 for example), but the content didn't follow to build that, and now it's a wasteland.  Too late to really change that imo, it is what it is.  3rd parties can now either face an apathetic (and in some cases hostile) Wii marketplace, or go HD where you have to go big to compete and fairly often go broke in the process.  At this point, I think everyone misses PS2. :/

Also, I thought Saints Row was better than GTA4. :P

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
jarrod said:
Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo said:

Wii will get AAA core games soon: Call of Duty Black Ops, Golden 007...

To be honest, I wouldn't call either AAA.  Black Ops Wii is the B version of the B team game (even though COD is still huge and WOW did amazing, I think the negative press from Infinity Ward is going to start seeping in HD side even), and Goldeneye is essentially a game that's banking on nostalgia.  

Epic Mickey is probably the only real one on the horizon, besides Dragon Quest X (and who knows when that'll turn up).

Games like Black Ops and GE 007 aren't core... but you said Ghost Squad is? You even consider a game like Epic Mickey core?

Man, the word has lost all meaning.

Well, I'd agree historically, I'd also say personally that any console FPS is fundamentally incapable of being a 'core game.  Nowadays 'core' is anything from 'nostalgic' to 'niche' to 'dudebro' though.  It's basically used as anything that's not PopCap, Petz, Kintect ___, Wii ____ or ____ Training.  It's code for 'traditional'.  GTA, Madden, Halo, GT... these weren't core games last gen, but they are now suddenly. :/

Ghost Squad is a last gen lightgunner.  It's more niche than anything, but under today's definitions it's a 'core' game.  Same for HotD.  

Epic Mickey's a 3D platformer.  Same deal here, it's a traditional 'gamey' game, so it's core by default.  The all-ages aesthetic might make some HD dudebros say otherwise though, at least until it gets ported to their system of choice next year. ;)

Smashchu2 said:
theprof00 said:

you don't seem to understand my point. Kinect is playable, but they didn't want any hangups or criticisms like for example what happened with zelda. All those gamers were actors even the little girl with skittles. None of them were actually playing wii, but it doesn't matter to the consumer, the filthy casuals, because none of the games require precision and as long as the game is fun, it doesn't matter if it is moving by even a half second.

You know the big reason why Kinect and Move will fail? Because there are executives who think just that.

It surprises me you can think that when evidence dictates that they want quality games. Most third party games on the Wii fail. Nintendo, though, succeeds. This is because Nintendo actually takes those customers seriously. Third parties saw them as an easy cash in which is why they failed. Microsoft obviously only sees them in terms of marketing demographics. You can see this in their press conferense.

These customers demand quality product, but they demand different things than the mainstream market. "Crappy product for crappy customers," is what the executives think. These customers are not crappy and the Wii Remote is not a crappy product. It is different. But it is this product that will whipe out many businesses from the industry.

Kinect is the end of the XBox brand. There will be such back lash from everyone that Microsoft would not be able to put out consoles.

This is very true. The "casuals" are not the dumb pack of game buyers that a lot of developers (and some posters here) make them out to be.

I cannot think of any games that are  bad (both poorly reviewed and broken) that have sold well. There have been some that have been poorly reviewed (Carnival Games, Just Dance) that have sold well. But they followed the 3 Fs -- functional, fun, and first. To date, competitors and sequels to these games have not done as well -- and that trend will probably continue.

In addition, Wii owners figured out real quick that once you have a sports game, you really don't need to buy a new one every year for what is essentially a roster update. That may be why EA is doing specialized versions of hockey and pro hoops for the Wii (Slap Shot and Jam) that have longer-lasting, more universal appeal.

In summation, just imitating what has been successful on the Wii does not guarantee success -- and usually leads to failure. So offering HD versions of Wii-like games (or directly trying to Wii-up the Wii with HD) is fraught with folly.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- OT -- The reasons above is why there will be no Wii 1.5. The casuals are too smart to buy an intermediate product!

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

jarrod said:

I don't think you get it... I'm not disagreeing that Wii chiefly sells shovelware, casualware and 1st party games, especially now.  I'm saying the reason for that though isn't inherent to the platform, it's reflective of the games it's gotten.  It's also not reflective of Wii's first year either, the first year core games actually did better than casual generally, and that was also due to the library landscape.

Capcom said TvC exceed expectations btw, and it did around 50k it's first NPD, which was just one week.  Blur did only 31k it's first NPD, and that's on both systems combined over a week as well.  Blur might outleg it, but that's because it'll move the 600k or so Activision hoodwinked retailers into buying for under $20.   Blur should outsell TvC given the funding and promotion behind it, the fact that it's even in question is proof enough the game bombed hard.  This was supposed to be the "COD of racing" lol.

Muramasa did about as well as it could have.  It's performing on par with Vanillaware's last 2D ARPG on PS2 (Odin Sphere), so I'm not sure what you want there?  That's the real problem with a lot of Wii's core 'flops' or whatever... basically since it doesn't get the AAA content a microscope is put over the few core B/C tier games it does get, and when those sell like B/C tier games, pundits/press/analysts throw up their arms a cry "Wii can't sell core games".  It's ludicrous, it'd be like basing PS2's sales potential off games like Odin Sphere, God Hand, Chulip, RE Dead Aim, Death by Degrees, etc.

As for MoHun... PSP *is* getting MH3.  Or it's own variation of at least, (smartly) tailored to the platform.  MH3 is also already the best selling game in the series outside Japan, it was the first 3rd party console million seller in Japan this gen, so it's not like Capcom's really missed any opportunities there.  They've handheld MH wonderfully really.

I'm not going to make excuses for those Wii games, I think NMH2 and RS2 genuinely underperformed (for various reasons), though S&P2 is 1st party (and let's be honest, no one was expecting big sales there) and ARF *just* came out (we have barely any data on it's performance, too early to say).

And I'm not saying core games do worse on the HD twins.  I'm saying sales of core games this gen have been self-fulfilling prophecy.  It's the same on HD as on Wii, 3rd parties decided what would sell, then they put that there and built those markets, then it happened.  There were early indications for a healthy core market on Wii (COD3 Wii outsold COD PS3 for example), but the content didn't follow to build that, and now it's a wasteland.  Too late to really change that imo, it is what it is.  3rd parties can now either face an apathetic (and in some cases hostile) Wii marketplace, or go HD where you have to go big to compete and fairly often go broke in the process.  At this point, I think everyone misses PS2. :/

Also, I thought Saints Row was better than GTA4. :P

Well no point in arguing much more. We clearly look at core sales differently on the Wii. Only future support can really determine how developers and publishers feel.

Well I played both Saint's Row and GTA4. I'll just say we can't seem to agree on anything today.

Recently Completed

jarrod said:

And I'm not saying core games do worse on the HD twins.  I'm saying sales of core games this gen have been self-fulfilling prophecy.  It's the same on HD as on Wii, 3rd parties decided what would sell, then they put that there and built those markets, then it happened.  There were early indications for a healthy core market on Wii (COD3 Wii outsold COD PS3 for example), but the content didn't follow to build that, and now it's a wasteland.  Too late to really change that imo, it is what it is.  3rd parties can now either face an apathetic (and in some cases hostile) Wii marketplace, or go HD where you have to go big to compete and fairly often go broke in the process.

Yes!

Someone gets it!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
jarrod said:

And I'm not saying core games do worse on the HD twins.  I'm saying sales of core games this gen have been self-fulfilling prophecy.  It's the same on HD as on Wii, 3rd parties decided what would sell, then they put that there and built those markets, then it happened.  There were early indications for a healthy core market on Wii (COD3 Wii outsold COD PS3 for example), but the content didn't follow to build that, and now it's a wasteland.  Too late to really change that imo, it is what it is.  3rd parties can now either face an apathetic (and in some cases hostile) Wii marketplace, or go HD where you have to go big to compete and fairly often go broke in the process.

Yes!

Someone gets it!

I'm going to second this nod of concessoin.

The rEVOLution is not being televised