By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Let's Talk About Mass Effect 2 (General Thread)

ShadowSoldier said:

Anyone else amped for The Lair of the Shadow Broker? And does anyone else think Liara's voicework is the weakest of the Voiceovers in the game? And she also has to be the ugliest Asari I've ever seen

Okay I'm gonna ignore everything after the first sentence here bcause I like Liara but that is okay! The important thing is we all like he game.

1. Yes Lair of the Shadow Broker is gonna be distilled bad-assitude.

2. Overlord is anywhere between 2-3 hours. Cut into four sections. Considerably longer than Stolen Memory.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Anyone else amped for The Lair of the Shadow Broker? And does anyone else think Liara's voicework is the weakest of the Voiceovers in the game? And she also has to be the ugliest Asari I've ever seen

Okay I'm gonna ignore everything after the first sentence here bcause I like Liara but that is okay! The important thing is we all like he game.

1. Yes Lair of the Shadow Broker is gonna be distilled bad-assitude.

2. Overlord is anywhere between 2-3 hours. Cut into four sections. Considerably longer than Stolen Memory.

I see

*Grabs Credit Card and Boots up Xbox Live*

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:

And does anyone else think Liara's voicework is the weakest of the Voiceovers in the game? And she also has to be the ugliest Asari I've ever seen

How very dare you!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

General review - Streamlined and polished compared to the first. Character models look brilliant and many of the animations are excellent, and of course the art direction and design is where the real genius is. Many cool characters with their own strengths, weaknesses and unique story. A solid follow up to the first.

Critical review - Ultimately Bioware played it safe with ME2. Many of the intricacies from the first, instead of being expanded upon, were removed. While many things looked great, many of the environments were, graphically, average and in some cases sub-par. The RPG elements such as leveling up characters and equipment has been marginalized to the point where it is not even necessary for completion of game.

About 1/3 of the way through I thought it was the greatest game I had ever played. 2/3 the way through the game fell into: find friend, do friend mission, try to have sex with friend. I become disappointed and then all of a sudden a new universe opened up, and I started to think: Amazing, the first half was getting your team together and the second half was going to be the real story. Ummm . . . nope

For me the dialogue choices always seemed obvious and when it came to having sex with or killing someone off, I knew which choice to make. I read a lot of books though . . .

8/10

Oh remember, when I was complaining about it not being that open compared to the first one. This DLC totally solved that issue. This mission is massive in scope. Given the level design on foot is still linear as hell, but this DLC is actually worth the buy compared to all other DLCs (I bought them all :P).

I'm not done, just finished the first part and was just enjoying the view in my ride, while I was search for Six Data Point (The Achievement)

Around the Network
Acevil said:

Oh remember, when I was complaining about it not being that open compared to the first one. This DLC totally solved that issue. This mission is massive in scope. Given the level design on foot is still linear as hell, but this DLC is actually worth the buy compared to all other DLCs (I bought them all :P).

I'm not done, just finished the first part and was just enjoying the view in my ride, while I was search for Six Data Point (The Achievement)

Yeah, Overlord's hub area does feel nice and open if that's what you're into. Finding the six data points can take a while.

I'm desperately trying to save money and buy as few games as possible, but I may just have to buy Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker when its released. Dammit!

Did just someone in this thread insult Liara ?

I'm not amused >:(

Has anybody gotten any of the weapon DLC? The only stuff I got was what came free on the Cerberus Network, like the Eviscerator (my favorite shotgun), but the Firepower Pack looks really nice. The Geth Shotgun in particular seems like it would be really good for soldiers.

Barozi said:

Did just someone in this thread insult Liara ?

I'm not amused >:(

We must stone him!

I have ties with Liara that go beyond merely the Mass Effect games!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey