By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Let's Talk About Mass Effect 2 (General Thread)

Acevil said:

One of the better games this generation. My number 2 or 3, and most likely in my top ten list. Strange, I would never have really thought it to be something I loved, but I ended up liking it a lot. This would have happened with or without the conversation effect.

I should download the newest DLC. It is the only game were I actually felt like mastering since Final Fantasy IX.

I do have problems with it, like mining for resources, and possibly that I want more variety in planets. The planets this time around feel linear. (Given I bet that is restriction of modern gaming, than anything.)

Overlord is very good DLC. The DLC that was recently announced, Lair of the Shadow Broker, looks better so far.

And I think the linearity was a conscious design choice.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Acevil said:

One of the better games this generation. My number 2 or 3, and most likely in my top ten list. Strange, I would never have really thought it to be something I loved, but I ended up liking it a lot. This would have happened with or without the conversation effect.

I should download the newest DLC. It is the only game were I actually felt like mastering since Final Fantasy IX.

I do have problems with it, like mining for resources, and possibly that I want more variety in planets. The planets this time around feel linear. (Given I bet that is restriction of modern gaming, than anything.)

Overlord is very good DLC. The DLC that was recently announced, Lair of the Shadow Broker, looks better so far.

And I think the linearity was a conscious design choice.

Speaking of which, I just downloaded Overlord like 2 seconds ago, about the start playing. I wonder how massive mass effect will be next generation. (GALAXY TRAVEL?????)

Maybe he did turn me down but I'm almost positive he was willing.

d21lewis said:

Maybe he did turn me down but I'm almost positive he was willing.

Impossible, how can you tell if a Salarian was turned on?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Acevil said:

Speaking of which, I just downloaded Overlord like 2 seconds ago, about the start playing. I wonder how massive mass effect will be next generation. (GALAXY TRAVEL?????)

Be sure to post impressions!

Around the Network

I've bought all the DLC except for Overlord and Im playing it for the sixth time as a Soldier Awesome amazing game.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:

I've bought all the DLC except for Overlord and Im playing it for the sixth time as a Soldier Awesome amazing game.

Overlord beats the Hell out of Kasumi or Zaeed's loyalty missions!

Khuutra said:
ShadowSoldier said:

Overlord beats the Hell out of Kasumi or Zaeed's loyalty missions!

Oh say word! Is it longer as well? I really liked Kasumi's Stolen Memory

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

First off I have to say that Mass Effect 2 is an AMAZING game...one of the best I've played in at least 1-2 years. 

Anyway, one part about the game that I thought was absolutely fantastic was the music.  Do yourself a friggin favor and download the "Suicide Mission" track from the official soundtrack.  THAT SONG IS AWESOME!

Anyone else amped for The Lair of the Shadow Broker? And does anyone else think Liara's voicework is the weakest of the Voiceovers in the game? And she also has to be the ugliest Asari I've ever seen