By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 Be Able To Out Sell 360 For Any Of The Remaining Weeks This Year?

Will PS3 Be Able To Out Sell 360 For Any Of The Remaining Weeks This Year?

Yes quite a few of them too 303 52.15%

None World Wide 117 20.14%

Only a few but it wont matter 161 27.71%

Total:581

I'll make a prediction after Gamescon. If PAL gets a price cut and the white console could be 12 plus.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

not really, I don't see gt5 lifting the ps3 as much as the actualy holiday boost.

nightsurge said:
leo-j said:
nightsurge said:
leo-j said:
nightsurge said:

I say yes, but only in the week or two following GT5's release.  Maybe the week of Move's launch.

Other than that I think the 360 has it in the bag for the remainder of the weeks with Reach,  Fable 3, Kinect, bundles, holiday sales, etc.

and the ps3 doesn't have bundles, holidays, etc..?

I didn't say that.  I just think the 360's bundles, sales, and Kinect will have a much bigger impact than the PS3's bundles, sales, and Move.

Why?? Ps3 has bluray, and 3D.. for the holidays.. two very big consumer attractions especilly THIS holiday season..

You really think Bluray is still a big selling point?  And 3D?

I guess you are entitled to your opinion but I highly doubt either of those 2 things will push many PS3's if at all.

You're right, it's ridiculous people even mentioning 3D as a selling point, do people not realise how expensive the tellys are and that if someone has money to spend on the kind of tech they probably already have a PS3.

PS3 had blu ray the last 4 holiday seasons too, no idea why it would suddenly be a system seller now ..

They already have, don't need your opinion telling me other wise

As for this holiday season, considering the ps3 is going to be the cheapest movie playing 3D blu ray player, and 3d has been taking off, and should really take off in 2011 due to cheaper tv's releasing, I don't know why it wouldn't push ps3 hardware sales. Especially since retailers are going to have MOVE plus 3D glasses to play games in 3D with sony employees in actual stores demonstrating it.. that's a huge attraction in my eyes.

So who knows. The 360 has the price advantage, and maybe the brand recognition in AMERICA/UK, but everywhere else? Especially Japan?

mM

The 360 has the momentum right now. That bodes well for it, as there are only 5 months left in the year and I see the momentum carrying forward for at least another 6 months. Unless of course Sony play their hand.

I'm sure the PS3 will take a week or two without much problem, GT5 launch week may see hardware sales rise, the combination of simultaneous releases in Japan/Others/NA.

I don't think the launch of the Move will have any effect on hardware.

Around the Network
leo-j said:

As for this holiday season, considering the ps3 is going to be the cheapest movie playing 3D blu ray player, and 3d has been taking off, and should really take off in 2011 due to cheaper tv's releasing, I don't know why it wouldn't push ps3 hardware sales. Especially since retailers are going to have MOVE plus 3D glasses to play games in 3D with sony employees in actual stores demonstrating it.. that's a huge attraction in my eyes.

So who knows. The 360 has the price advantage, and maybe the brand recognition in AMERICA/UK, but everywhere else? Especially Japan?

it does i thought the prices are the same as last year 300 vs 200 and 300? what happened then?

also what i think leo is trying to say is that ps3 has bluray a HDD and costs 300 where as 360s sku with a HDD is also 300 but no bluray

Play Me

Well I can definitely see it beating the 360 for a couple weeks around GT5 and maybe another week when Move comes out.   If theres a price cut then I could see it outselling the 360 for the majority of the rest of the year (unless the 360 has a price cut too)

it has a price advantage because the entry model is $199

mM

PAL and UK DESERVE a price cut

Its still "expensive" around here, and way more compared to competition

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

BHR-3 said:
leo-j said:

it does i thought the prices are the same as last year 300 vs 200 and 300? what happened then?

also what i think leo is trying to say is that ps3 has bluray a HDD and costs 300 where as 360s sku with a HDD is also 300 but no bluray

You know thats never really made a difference before.