By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 Be Able To Out Sell 360 For Any Of The Remaining Weeks This Year?

Will PS3 Be Able To Out Sell 360 For Any Of The Remaining Weeks This Year?

Yes quite a few of them too 303 52.15%

None World Wide 117 20.14%

Only a few but it wont matter 161 27.71%

Total:581

The way I see it Ps3 will sell a minimum of 12 million this year.

In an old article I wrote, I discovered the at PS3's december sales are the cumulitave total of September-November.

So If PS3 can sell 5 million between now and December 1st it could easily go 14m .

There are still other major impacts. I have a feeling that  150 thing called kinect won't be the highlight of consumer entertainment shopping and could only appeal to original 360 users...

Well few more weeks left till Gamescon and motion gaming. The leader in october will be the winner. IMO

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

Around the Network

which game will sell more consoles?    Halo Reach or GT5?

If GT5 sells a lot of consoles, then Sony will about 6 weeks out sell Xbox360.

So how about we list out the reasons WHY as the OP requested, because the PS3 votes are VERY high which would surprise me if this were a different community ...

1) Who has the hardware excitement?

360 - New SKU that has already proven to be a big seller with a new Arcade starting in some regions this week.  Also Kinect, which has the most mainstream excitement of any product release this year.  Also the 360 (as of now) still has an entry price point advantage and MS is in the better position of the two to drop price.

PS3 - New SKU is almost a year old.  Move has some mainstream excitement, but not enough to anticipate a huge increase in sales.  Price is still higher than 360 and Sony may value profitability more than a price cut.  For the record, no console maker has cut price in consecutive years yet this gen.

2) Who has the software excitement?

360 - Halo: Reach and Fable III represent the big exclusives this season, though CoD:BO will likely attract notable sales in November as a multiplatform title.  Surprise holiday announcements at Gamescom aren't likely.

PS3 - GT5 and LBP2 represent the big exclusives this season and CoD:BO will likely sell well as well.  Surprise holiday announcements at Gamescom aren't likely for Sony either.

Based on this brief analysis, the 360 looks to be in a better position to maintain a weekly sales lead over the PS3 for most of the rest of 2010.  Tried to keep this as unbiased as possible, but YMMV ...

BHR-3 said:

What do you think? Yes, no?

If so about how many?

If not so do you think it will in other regions besides EU?

If you want also tell me in which weeks do you believe PS3 will be on top of the 360

I believe the PS3 will be able to outsell the 360 WW around about mid-late Oct and it should get it some weeks prior to this time in EU

Yes I think ps3 will easily outsell 360 come gt5, bring on the white ps3 i say.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Simple tings. In my opinion and i will bet dis ting.

The ps tripple will oputsell the 360. from now till the end of the year. And when i say that i mean total. So what the 360 sells and the ps3 from here on out by 2011 the ps3 will have sold more.

Simple tings

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

id say at least 8 weeks PS3 will be above 360 WW b4 the year ends

Play Me

BHR-3 said:

I'm assuming that's the 8 weeks after GT5 launches?

Seece said:
BHR-3 said:

wats it to you why dont u post how many weeks you think it will do it

let me guess 1..2..maybe 3? will be your answer

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
Seece said:
BHR-3 said:

wats it to you why dont u post how many weeks you think it will do it

let me guess 1..2..maybe 3? will be your answer

"wats it to you" just asking a question, don't get so uptight, you seem to be a lot more coy about your predictions lately BHR