By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda: Western RPG “More Realistic” Than JRPGs

Bethesda: Western RPG “More Realistic” Than JRPGs

i agree 148 57.14%

i disagree 49 18.92%

bethesda, lol. oblivion was crap 62 23.94%

Total:259

Since when has someone not liking JRPG's been wrong I find the characters and worlds often annoying and feminine, no reason to get mad at an opinion like his or mine.

Red Dead Redemption is a lot like an RPG if leveling up is not a requirement for RpG's.

Also Bethesda did not make Fallout 2 so those examples are not good ones.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

I know, right.

Super Mutants running around a city wearing dresses and growing to dizzy heights while also screaming at you and trying to shoot you/rip your insides out is super realistic.

It's more realistic than taking your turn in a fight :)

voty2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

I know, right.

Super Mutants running around a city wearing dresses and growing to dizzy heights while also screaming at you and trying to shoot you/rip your insides out is super realistic.

Something that has never happened, and is likely to never ever ever happen ever... Is more realistic than something that can, will, has and does happen?

chocoloco said:

Since when has someone not liking JRPG's been wrong I find the characters and worlds often annoying and feminine, no reason to get mad at an opinion like his or mine.

Red Dead Redemption is a lot like an RPG if leveling up is not a requirement for RpG's.

Sure they are, he said he was generalizing.

" A western game… again I’m generalizing, they’re more realistic."

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Carl2291 said:
voty2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

I know, right.

Something that has never happened, and is likely to never ever ever happen ever... Is more realistic than something that can, will, has and does happen?

I fight super mutants on my way to work every day with three friends and we all attack at the same time.  My Japanese co-workers attack one at a time and are slaughtered.  Instead of the mutant fighting three people at once, the mutant essentially fights only one person at a time and is usually victorious.  I wish they'd learn to fight because the funerals are really starting to get to me.

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
chocoloco said:

Yeah I think its more about asthetics than realism as a game with elves and lizardmen is no more unreal than what you will find in a Japanese game. This guy is just showing his preferance so I'm saying that its nothing to get mad about.

voty2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

I know, right.

You used to take turns to fight in the medieval times

so taking turns is more realistic than the VAT system.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

My world is shattered...they mean to tell us that 8 year old androgynous boy/girls don't save the world everyday from some forever smirking bad guy with their posse of friends??!

voty2000 said:
Carl2291 said:
voty2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

I know, right.

I fight super mutants on my way to work every day with three friends and we all attack at the same time.  My Japanese co-workers attack one at a time and are slaughtered.  Instead of the mutant fighting three people at once, the mutant essentially fights only one person at a time and is usually victorious.  I wish they'd learn to fight because the funerals are really starting to get to me.

I'm sure you do.

And I'm also sure I don't want whatever drugs you take in a morning.

chocoloco said:
Euphoria14 said:
chocoloco said:

Yeah I think its more about asthetics than realism as a game with elves and lizardmen is no more unreal than what you will find in a Japanese game. This guy is just showing his preferance so I'm saying that its nothing to get mad about.

I agree with you there.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!