i agree 148 57.14%

i disagree 49 18.92%

bethesda, lol. oblivion was crap 62 23.94%

Total:259
darthdevidem01 said:
voty2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

I know, right.

Super Mutants running around a city wearing dresses and growing to dizzy heights while also screaming at you and trying to shoot you/rip your insides out is super realistic.

It's more realistic than taking your turn in a fight :)

You used to take turns to fight in the medieval times

so taking turns is more realistic than the VAT system.

Excellent post, Sir darth.

I'm wondering. You up for traveling through a wasteland sometime next week and finding bottlecaps? Maybe even go assault a den full of giant car-sized Scorpions that can survive a shot from our guns that fire mini-nukes?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
voty2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

I know, right.

Super Mutants running around a city wearing dresses and growing to dizzy heights while also screaming at you and trying to shoot you/rip your insides out is super realistic.

I'm wondering. You up for traveling through a wasteland sometime next week and finding bottlecaps? Maybe even go assault a den full of giant car-sized Scorpions that can survive a shot from our guns that fire mini-nukes?

Sure, while we're at it why not pay a visit to a that weird vault where a weird machine can take us to a Black n White town where people are manipulated and controlled by a Cat?!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The King has spoken.

I love Todd Howard. And he is right of course. We all know this about Western RPGs and realism.

And by calling Red Dead Redemption an RPG, you should know what he meant. The game gives you an experience just like an RPG, and you have character progression and you get stronger by picking items etc.

they are indeed far more realistic..... but I find too much realism in gameplay boring

Different strokes for different folks.  I've liked both the western and Japanese ones, but I think I like the western ones more (or just like Bioware haha).  Only issue I sometimes have with Japanese ones, is some of them are a little to weird for my tastes (guess I need to be Japanese to not feel as weirded out by them haha).  But none of them are realistic and that's the beauty of video games.  Video games are about creating new worlds, not showing us the real world again.  We play games to escape that haha.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
voty2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

I know, right.

So for a realistic JRPG it would have to be set in medieval times? 

Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
voty2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

I know, right.

Using logic will not deter me!!!

darthdevidem01 said:
Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
voty2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

I know, right.

Sure, while we're at it why not pay a visit to a that weird vault where a weird machine can take us to a Black n White town where people are manipulated and controlled by a Cat?!

Yeah! After that we can get abducted by aliens.

its not like VAT really freezes time.  its a game function for ease of targeting specific regions of the body.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

voty2000 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
voty2000 said:
Carl2291 said:

I know, right.

So for a realistic JRPG it would have to be set in medieval times?

Or maybe in a wasteland populated by interbred people, mutants, giant scorpions and cannibals.