By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will outsell the 360 in about 3 years

nightsurge said:
unknown_soul89 said:
carlosmp said:

X360 is outselling PS3 right now, ¿what will change that?

I think X360 has more things, like the Arcade bundle, Halo Reach, Kinect, etc.

A month time, the 360 is selling more because they came out with a new model those numbers don't last, you're in denial if you think halo reach is going to sell 360s, anyone who cares about halo has a 360 everyone else sees it for the mediocre shooter it is, arcade bundles have been out for years ps3 still outsells the 360 year to year and kinect lol don't make me laugh 

Insecure about something?

First, no, not every Halo fan has a 360.  Far from it.  I can name at least 15 of my close friends who love Halo yet don't have any current gen console yet.  Anyone who thinks every Halo fan is already on 360 is purely ignorant.  Also, love how you troll it generalizing that everyone thinks it is a mediocre shooter.  It has way more features than current more recent shooters and Halo: Reach is going to expand on that even further.

Second, how can you say the PS3 outsells the 360 year after year when since it's release the PS3 has only outsold the 360 one year so far which was last year.  2005-2008 were all 360 with higher sales.

And lastly, it must really upset you that Kinect is receiving far more interest and way way way more preorders than Move even with its high price tag.  Must be a rough time for you.

Oh and why are you using shipment figures when ioi and TheSource themselves have gone over time and time again why Sony's shipment figures seem to be inflated/off from all the major tracking sites?

Horrible post, oozing of bias. I'l present you with some hard facts:

• Microsoft has sold 3.6M more consoles than Sony
  • Microsoft had more than a years head start 
  • The PS3 had no games at the start
  • The PS3 has always been a lot more expensive (Key Point)
  • Sony keeps consoles out longer than MS
  • The PS3 is seen as more futureproof
  • PS3 likely has more price cuts left in it - although MS are trying to battle this

Bottom part is bullshit considering all these tracking services don't actually track many markets that Sony sell into.

So basically what you are saying is that Sony's sales in un-tacked regions don't count.

People who also talk about overshipped are just plain crazy, and don't know what the term actually means.

So, yes I see the PS3 having higher sales soon enough (talking about shipment figures).

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
unknown_soul89 said:

Okay seriously people saying the ps3 will never outsell the 360 need to do some fact checking, the 360 has been out for a year longer, so if ps3 is on the market for the same amount of time as the 360 it will outsell it (selling about 9.5 mil on average a year with about a 3.5 mil gab) and ps3 sells about 1 million more consoles a year then the 360 does, actually lets be more specific then that 

38.1/4= 9.525 million a year

41.7/5=8.34 million a year 

9.525-8.34= 1.185 million difference a year

41.7-38.1=3.6 million

3.6/1.185=3.037 years until the ps3 outsells the 360, assuming they both stay on the market

You ignore that the 360 has actually sold more starting from the PS3 launch.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Nov 2006 to 24th Jul 2010:

Console X360
Total

Console PS3
Total

Its not impossible for the PS3 to sell more in the end. But face it, MS dominated Sony this gen mostly because of Sony's own mistakes. Everybody thought the PS3 would easily outsell the 360 and it didn't.

Of course the 360 has sold more starting from ps3 launch, they had a year to come out with titles and lower the price, if you want an accurate and fair comparison you need to compare them for the same number of years starting from their respective launch dates, so in other words take off the last year for the 360 

Another stupid mistake by Sony. Releasing an incredibly high priced console.

They just gave second place to MS. Its like they wanted them dominate.

You know the PS2 sold more than the Gamecube and Xbox combined and then some. Now they struggle for second? Clearly Sony made some bad decisions and you people make excuses for it.

Sony made some bad decisions for marketing purposes but I like alot of those decisions, I like having blu ray and wifi in my console and like the wireless controlers and the cell really has shown what it's capable of over the last 2ish years with games still improving, all that increased the cost the console but I like in my console, frankly I think their only real mistakes was the launch games and trying to play catch up instead of waiting until they were ready to launch 

NiKKoM said:
unknown_soul89 said:
The reason I'm using shipment figures is because I know their accurate, I don't know that the tracking sites are accurate, in fact I'm almost positive their not accurate seeing how ps3 is on the market and sells substantially in countries that aren't tracked properly/at all

Then why are you on this site? let's NOT use numbers from vgchartz.. wtf..  >_<" 

He's on this sales site because he wants to discuss sales, uses VGC numbers as an indicator but realises shipment figures are naturally more accurate.

What's the problem?

Jay520 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Jay520 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
unknown_soul89 said:

Okay seriously people saying the ps3 will never outsell the 360 need to do some fact checking, the 360 has been out for a year longer, so if ps3 is on the market for the same amount of time as the 360 it will outsell it (selling about 9.5 mil on average a year with about a 3.5 mil gab) and ps3 sells about 1 million more consoles a year then the 360 does, actually lets be more specific then that 

41.7-38.1=3.6 million

3.6/1.185=3.037 years until the ps3 outsells the 360, assuming they both stay on the market

Console X360
Total

Console PS3
Total

Its not impossible for the PS3 to sell more in the end. But face it, MS dominated Sony this gen mostly because of Sony's own mistakes. Everybody thought the PS3 would easily outsell the 360 and it didn't.

Didn't PS3 launch in Europe (its biggest region) in 2007.

I wasn't aware. Well like I said, MS won because of Sony's mistakes. Throw that in the pile of stupid decisions Sony made for the PS3 launch.

What exactly did MS win? They sold a few million more consoles than Sony. Just because 360 is very successful doesn't mean the PS3 is unsuccessful. The PS3 is in a very good position right with the best yet to come. It's sad that two consoles can't exist together happily.

They didn't just sell a few million more. They sold a few million more than the almighty Sony. But they couldn't haven't done it without Sony's dumb decisions.

How is the PS3 not unsuccessful? Not only will it not pay for itself. It probably won't even make the PS2 profits back. If the PS3 is a success than I don't know the meaning of failure. Anyone can have a mainstream console as long as they willing to piss away billions. That's how MS entered the console gaming industry.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

dude you side with Sony to much you try to sound not biased but you are extremely biased to the Sony brand i see a lot of your comments but usually will ignore it 

Around the Network
unknown_soul89 said:
nightsurge said:
unknown_soul89 said:
carlosmp said:

A month time, the 360 is selling more because they came out with a new model those numbers don't last, you're in denial if you think halo reach is going to sell 360s, anyone who cares about halo has a 360 everyone else sees it for the mediocre shooter it is, arcade bundles have been out for years ps3 still outsells the 360 year to year and kinect lol don't make me laugh 

First, no, not every Halo fan has a 360.  Far from it.  I can name at least 15 of my close friends who love Halo yet don't have any current gen console yet.  Anyone who thinks every Halo fan is already on 360 is purely ignorant.  Also, love how you troll it generalizing that everyone thinks it is a mediocre shooter.  It has way more features than current more recent shooters and Halo: Reach is going to expand on that even further.

Second, how can you say the PS3 outsells the 360 year after year when since it's release the PS3 has only outsold the 360 one year so far which was last year.  2005-2008 were all 360 with higher sales.

And lastly, it must really upset you that Kinect is receiving far more interest and way way way more preorders than Move even with its high price tag.  Must be a rough time for you.

Oh and why are you using shipment figures when ioi and TheSource themselves have gone over time and time again why Sony's shipment figures seem to be inflated/off from all the major tracking sites?

So why would reach be the game to make them buy it if they passed over a 360 every halo game so far? Logic isn't your thing is it, and halo screams mediocre and the reach stuff just sounds like and probably is marketing hype

Apparently reading comprehension AND logic isn't your thing.  Notice I said they don't have ANY current gen console.  That means they passed them all up.  I'm merely pointing out that there is still a large market for Halo thanks to its highly popular LAN Party scene and still has many potential customers that have yet to jump onto any home console yet.

because ps3 sells on average 9.5 a year and 360 only 8.3 a year if 360 really did outsell the ps3 2005-2008 year to year then ps3 must have sold several million more then 360 in 2009 but since you haven't backed up that statement with anything I think it's safe to assume you don't know what you are talking about 

2005 is a given.

2006: VGChartz Hardware data for the period 01st Jan 2006 to 30th Dec 2006:

Console PS3 X360
Total

2007: VGChartz Hardware data for the period 31st Dec 2006 to 29th Dec 2007:

Console PS3 X360
Total

2009: VGChartz Hardware data for the period 30th Dec 2007 to 27th Dec 2008:

Console PS3 X360
Total

MS is marketing kinect more then move so yes it will sell more on launch but the fact that it doesn't work and has nothing but wii knock off games means it won't sell more then that, and don't pretend we have solid numbers on preorders, they claim it's more and expect half a mil by launch but EA expected mirror's edge to sell 3 million out of the gate, companies expectations aren't realistic lol

Does that include Sony's 15 million projection for this year?  I agree it's not realistic.

The reason I'm using shipment figures is because I know their accurate, I don't know that the tracking sites are accurate, in fact I'm almost positive their not accurate seeing how ps3 is on the market and sells substantially in countries that aren't tracked properly/at all

But we don't know they are accurate.  Nintendo and MS numbers match all major tracking sites, yet Sony's are quite a bit off.  ioi and TheSource already explained this.

BigBoobieHead said:
nightsurge said:
unknown_soul89 said:
carlosmp said:

Horrible post, oozing of bias. I'l present you with some hard facts:

• Microsoft has sold 3.6M more consoles than Sony
  • Microsoft had more than a years head start 
  • The PS3 had no games at the start
  • The PS3 has always been a lot more expensive (Key Point)
  • Sony keeps consoles out longer than MS
  • The PS3 is seen as more futureproof
  • PS3 likely has more price cuts left in it - although MS are trying to battle this

Bottom part is bullshit considering all these tracking services don't actually track many markets that Sony sell into.

So basically what you are saying is that Sony's sales in un-tacked regions don't count.

People who also talk about overshipped are just plain crazy, and don't know what the term actually means.

So, yes I see the PS3 having higher sales soon enough (talking about shipment figures).

Ugh... I'm sorry but I'm not being biased.  Just informed.  Try reading up on this site a bit more.  ioi and TheSource (you know, the admins and the operators of this sales tracking system) have explained all of this many times as to why Sony's numbers are off and how very little of a difference those "un-trackable regions" actually makes.  Also, they do include some numbers to cover those regions, just fyi.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=113832&page=1

BigBoobieHead said:
NiKKoM said:
unknown_soul89 said:

Then why are you on this site? let's NOT use numbers from vgchartz.. wtf..  >_<" 

He's on this sales site because he wants to discuss sales, uses VGC numbers as an indicator but realises shipment figures are naturally more accurate.

What's the problem?

You haven't seen his post history....

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Nighsurge,  I've already replied to your nonsense points about shipping yet you keep using them in other arguments.

Mr Puggsly said:
Jay520 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Jay520 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
unknown_soul89 said:

41.7-38.1=3.6 million

Console X360
Total

Console PS3
Total

Didn't PS3 launch in Europe (its biggest region) in 2007.

I wasn't aware. Well like I said, MS won because of Sony's mistakes. Throw that in the pile of stupid decisions Sony made for the PS3 launch.

What exactly did MS win? They sold a few million more consoles than Sony. Just because 360 is very successful doesn't mean the PS3 is unsuccessful. The PS3 is in a very good position right with the best yet to come. It's sad that two consoles can't exist together happily.

They didn't just sell a few million more. They sold a few million more than the almighty Sony. But they couldn't haven't done it without Sony's dumb decisions.

How is the PS3 not unsuccessful? Not only will it not pay for itself. It probably won't even make the PS2 profits back. If the PS3 is a success than I don't know the meaning of failure. Anyone can have a mainstream console as long as they willing to piss away billions. That's how MS entered the console gaming industry.

Almighty Sony? uh...  okay

So know you're talking about profits. I don't know the specifics of the cost of the PS3 and how much SONY loses on each PS3, so I won't get into that. Either way, PS3 is on its way on selling a lot IMO (although that would be bad for SONY since they're losing money).