By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will outsell the 360 in about 3 years

PS3 will never overtake 360 in America, and in the UK.

But worldwide, it will.

Around the Network

PS3 will never overtake the 360 worldwide.

Japan Europe/others will make it possible

tonio_13 said:

Nope, never.

mundus6 said:

The PS3 will probably go past the 360 next gen and thats only because Microsoft changes focus, Sony really supports their consoles really well even in the next gen. It will not take over the 360 this gen though, your a fool for even suggesting that, in fact from the PS3 launch date in 2006 the 360 has outsold the PS3.

You never know. MS did drop the original Xbox, but that system was destroyed by the PS2. The Xbox 360 on the other hand is doing great so MS has no reason to drop it, even when they do release a new machine. It looks to me like MS is following the same model as Sony. When the next gen starts we may see two budget HD machines on the shelf along side the new ones, fully supported.

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
unknown_soul89 said:
The reason I'm using shipment figures is because I know their accurate, I don't know that the tracking sites are accurate, in fact I'm almost positive their not accurate seeing how ps3 is on the market and sells substantially in countries that aren't tracked properly/at all

Then why are you on this site? let's NOT use numbers from vgchartz.. wtf..  >_<" 

Man I hope that's a rhetorical question.

Anyways, it could happen but by the time it did Microsoft will have already moved onto their next console so it really won't matter.

-edit-

whoops lol, didn't realize this thread was more than a month old XD

kain_kusanagi said:
mundus6 said:

The PS3 will probably go past the 360 next gen and thats only because Microsoft changes focus, Sony really supports their consoles really well even in the next gen. It will not take over the 360 this gen though, your a fool for even suggesting that, in fact from the PS3 launch date in 2006 the 360 has outsold the PS3.

You never know. MS did drop the original Xbox, but that system was destroyed by the PS2. The Xbox 360 on the other hand is doing great so MS has no reason to drop it, even when they do release a new machine. It looks to me like MS is following the same model as Sony. When the next gen starts we may see two budget HD machines on the shelf along side the new ones, fully supported.

Microsoft already said that they will stop selling the 360 the day after sony stops selling the ps3.

Jadedx said:
tonio_13 said:

Nope, never.

Two markets vs one market, thinks about it...