By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will outsell the 360 in about 3 years

Mr Puggsly said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Right, either you're playing dumb or you're ignorant. There were more exclusives than that this year. Go see what games came to the 360 this year and not the PS3 before you even consider replying.

I asked you what exclusives, if you can't answer then their goes your argument 

Banned again are you? Well you can respond when you get back.

A few major games were Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake, and Crackdown 2. Reach and Fable 3 are still coming. There are plenty of Kinect exclusives which will be unique additions to the 360 library. There were a few decent niche titles as well like Metro 2033, Deadly Premonition, N3:2, DeathSmiles, etc. On top of that we had plenty of great XBLA exclusives.

Some of the best titles on both HD consoles are 3rd party games. But if you are a whore for exclusives for some reason, the 360 received quality exclusives as well. As they do every year.

Mass Effect 2 is on ps3, splinter cell is another timed exclusive, reach and fable are jokes, alan wake is okay crackdown is good, kinect exclusives are wii shovel ware ripoffs lol, I'm not saying move has only good games but it has several and more coming and alot more potential, and I find it funny how everyone who favors 360 says the multiplats are the best when everyone who owns a ps3 likes the exclusives better (we acknowledge there are some really good multiplats though of course)

Around the Network
ironman said:
unknown_soul89 said:
ironman said:
unknown_soul89 said:
ironman said:
unknown_soul89 said:

Okay seriously people saying the ps3 will never outsell the 360 need to do some fact checking, the 360 has been out for a year longer, so if ps3 is on the market for the same amount of time as the 360 it will outsell it (selling about 9.5 mil on average a year with about a 3.5 mil gab) and ps3 sells about 1 million more consoles a year then the 360 does, actually lets be more specific then that 

38.1/4= 9.525 million a year

41.7/5=8.34 million a year 

9.525-8.34= 1.185 million difference a year

41.7-38.1=3.6 million

3.6/1.185=3.037 years until the ps3 outsells the 360, assuming they both stay on the market

Well of course it would if things stay exactly as they are. But lets face it, that's not gonna happen, there are too many game changers from both sides of the isle to make silly predictions like this. I really can't see any possible way the PS3 outsells the 360 until it is no longer on the market. And after that, bragging about how the PS3 outsold other consoles from it's gen will just be like saying you are the smartest kid with down syndrome. It just 'aint that great. I suggest you settle down and play a game on your PS3 instead of trying to validate your purchase of said console by insulting the intelegence of the gaming community.

lol you can't see a way for the ps3 to outsell the 360 till its not on the market lol, if the 360 wasn't on the market the ps3 would over take it in 3months it's only a matter of time until the ps3 outsells the 360

Ah, so you are talking lifetime sales...how very deceptive of you. I don't see any way the PS3 is going to outsell the 360 until the "720" is released and the 360 is phased out. That is, unless Sony does something simply amazing...and they have already played that card with the slim and the pricecut, they just don't have much leftthey can do, MS still has a trick or two in the bag.

No I'm saying if we are talking lifetime 360 doesn't have a chance, and if they both stay on the market awhile longer ps3 will eventually overtake 360

As I said, how deceptive. Lifetime is a joke, bragging about sales after the 360 is off the market is like saying you are the smartest kid with Down Syndrome. It just isn't as cool as you may think. As for the OP's assumption that the PS3 will overtake the 360 within three years, well, I just can't see a scenario where that happens. As for the other garbage you are posting here, get over yourself. You don't have a clue what you are talking about, and clearly you have an agenda. It's kinda sad really.

lol how stupid are you the ps3 outselling the 360 is inevitable, I can't see a scenario where it doesn't other then next gen starting in a year or two and both consoles stop selling, and how is lifetime a joke lol, don't really care about sales anyways ps3 has better exclusives then 360 and almost always has, all the great 360 exclusives were just timed exclusives, MS is out of people to buy them from 

i love it when people say "the 360 is outselling the ps3 right now."  of course theres going to be hills and valleys for each system,  but the overall selling for the year is what this good fellow is trying to point out.  and im glad someone else can do math and realized  this fact other than me.

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

kain_kusanagi said:
Persistantthug said:
kain_kusanagi said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Caddelin said:

PS3 is already a commercial failure in every aspect. Sony has already suffered irrecuperable losses with it along the years (just recently Sony managed to have some margin of profit over each unit sold).

That alone would be disastrous. If you take into account the fact that Sony held the virtual monopoly of consoles with PS2, it just aggravates the disappointing sales of PS3. So, EVEN IF it manages to outsell the 360 by the end of this generation (which is not a certainty whatsoever), it is still one of the biggest commercial flops in videogame history.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I own both a 360 AND a PS3. 

Whats your point, from a quality stand point is better value then the 360 in almost every way, and everyone has had a console flop even nintendo bottom line is it's a far better choose then the 360 and the only reason the 360 is outselling it is because it was cheap and people are idiots 

Choosing the machine that plays the games a person wants doesn't make them an "idiot". No matter how much you think the PS3 is a better value the fact is it doesn't have Gears of War, Halo, Fable etc. People who want those games chose the console that has them, just like people who want God or War 3 and GT5 chose the PS3, some paid the outragiously overpriced $600 launch price. A person's taste does not make them an "idiot". Have a little repect for other peoples opinions.

I disagree.

I do not respect the opinion of an idiot.

What's an idiot?  An idiot is someone who goes out and buys a product knowing that its egregiously failure prone. 

I myself considered an XBOX 360 in late 2008, but when I heard about the breakage (50% of every owner since 2005has had a broken 360), there was no way I would buy one.  My parents taught me better....its common sense really.

Its like, when did people become so simple minded and foolish?  When was it ok to put your hand in a proverbial fire to get burned over and over and over again?  That's simpleminded logic even a pre kinder gardener can understand....literally.

So all Xbox 360 owners are idiots? Thats about as simpleminded a statement as your pre-kindergartener analogy.

With Microsoft's hassle free and FREE repair service nobody got burned in any "proverbial" fire after the retro active three warrenty was instituted. Microsoft has bent over backwards to solve the problem including the three year service plans on all replacement units. That means if you keep having issues they'll keep fixing it for free and restarting your warrent plan. Who else doesn't that? Not Sony and while it doesn't make headlines the PS3 has its fair share of failures with no extended warrenty, just an expensive repair service.

Halo is a top quality series worth playing and as someone who owns an Xbox 360 that has never broken down I can tell you that you should not be afraid of an overstated unvarified failure rate. Besides Halo there are plenty of exclusives worth playing that as a gamer you should want to play. Personly I think all 3rd party games should be multiplatform, but that is besides the point.

I'm not going to insult you or anyone who differs in opinion though. My parents taught me better, it's common courtesy really.

Wow you are really uninformed, at launch the failrate was closer to 68% then 50% and right now it's around 40% overall (counting all consoles ever sold, new models only would be better) as for the extended warranty it only cover half of all failures not to mention the disk scratching problem and if it wasn't for the warrenty they would of had to do a full recall and no it didn't restart your plan it was 90 days extra if it expired in that 90 days, the fact that they had so many millions of failrates made them not really look twice though, and someones opinion is what makes them an idiot, if they are one, so why would I respect it when I know it's wrong 

3sexty said:

Well yes I suppose Move and Kinect are still unknown factors at this point in time.  I will say this tho, - the fact that Kinect is is a pretty new concept and that move is similar to Wii could take either of the 2 in any direction.  It's kinada like innovation vs familiarity. 

Wrong on both counts, ever hear of something called pseye it's basically everything kinect is, Sony has had it out forever and Move is similar to wii only with the main controller, when you change your stance in some games (saw it with sorcery in the E3 clip) the character changes his stance, I understand why people make the mistake but move has capabilities far beyond the wii, check out some of the tech demos on youtube

Around the Network

wow I shud check the forums out more often - I'm missing out on all the hostility, fun and action!!!

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

No one can predict where the sales wil lbe at at that point. Thats just too far out there right now. I doubt it will happen while both systems are relevant still however.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! IMPOSSIBLE! Lets just leave it at that! Just like Sony, the fanboys jhave ambitious dreams!

PLAYSTATION EYE is equivalent to the Xbox 360 Live Vision camera not even close to the tech that the Kinect holds. Only an imbecile would think something as stupid as that. The Playstation Eye is a webcam, what the PS Eye could do the Xbox Live Vision camera could do! (Ever hear of the game "You're in the Movies?" well its not the same as Kinect games)!!! Its old school tech. Kinect is publically recognized as being something new brought into people's living rooms! Wow where do people come out with this stuff?

The PS3 will probably go past the 360 next gen and thats only because Microsoft changes focus, Sony really supports their consoles really well even in the next gen. It will not take over the 360 this gen though, your a fool for even suggesting that, in fact from the PS3 launch date in 2006 the 360 has outsold the PS3.