By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will outsell the 360 in about 3 years

Persistantthug said:
kain_kusanagi said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Caddelin said:

PS3 is already a commercial failure in every aspect. Sony has already suffered irrecuperable losses with it along the years (just recently Sony managed to have some margin of profit over each unit sold).

That alone would be disastrous. If you take into account the fact that Sony held the virtual monopoly of consoles with PS2, it just aggravates the disappointing sales of PS3. So, EVEN IF it manages to outsell the 360 by the end of this generation (which is not a certainty whatsoever), it is still one of the biggest commercial flops in videogame history.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I own both a 360 AND a PS3. 

Whats your point, from a quality stand point is better value then the 360 in almost every way, and everyone has had a console flop even nintendo bottom line is it's a far better choose then the 360 and the only reason the 360 is outselling it is because it was cheap and people are idiots 

Choosing the machine that plays the games a person wants doesn't make them an "idiot". No matter how much you think the PS3 is a better value the fact is it doesn't have Gears of War, Halo, Fable etc. People who want those games chose the console that has them, just like people who want God or War 3 and GT5 chose the PS3, some paid the outragiously overpriced $600 launch price. A person's taste does not make them an "idiot". Have a little repect for other peoples opinions.

I disagree.

I do not respect the opinion of an idiot.

What's an idiot?  An idiot is someone who goes out and buys a product knowing that its egregiously failure prone. 

I myself considered an XBOX 360 in late 2008, but when I heard about the breakage (50% of every owner since 2005has had a broken 360), there was no way I would buy one.  My parents taught me better....its common sense really.

Its like, when did people become so simple minded and foolish?  When was it ok to put your hand in a proverbial fire to get burned over and over and over again?  That's simpleminded logic even a pre kinder gardener can understand....literally.

So all Xbox 360 owners are idiots? Thats about as simpleminded a statement as your pre-kindergartener analogy.

With Microsoft's hassle free and FREE repair service nobody got burned in any "proverbial" fire after the retro active three warrenty was instituted. Microsoft has bent over backwards to solve the problem including the three year service plans on all replacement units. That means if you keep having issues they'll keep fixing it for free and restarting your warrent plan. Who else doesn't that? Not Sony and while it doesn't make headlines the PS3 has its fair share of failures with no extended warrenty, just an expensive repair service.

Halo is a top quality series worth playing and as someone who owns an Xbox 360 that has never broken down I can tell you that you should not be afraid of an overstated unvarified failure rate. Besides Halo there are plenty of exclusives worth playing that as a gamer you should want to play. Personly I think all 3rd party games should be multiplatform, but that is besides the point.

I'm not going to insult you or anyone who differs in opinion though. My parents taught me better, it's common courtesy really.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
Persistantthug said:
kain_kusanagi said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Caddelin said:

PS3 is already a commercial failure in every aspect. Sony has already suffered irrecuperable losses with it along the years (just recently Sony managed to have some margin of profit over each unit sold).

That alone would be disastrous. If you take into account the fact that Sony held the virtual monopoly of consoles with PS2, it just aggravates the disappointing sales of PS3. So, EVEN IF it manages to outsell the 360 by the end of this generation (which is not a certainty whatsoever), it is still one of the biggest commercial flops in videogame history.

Whats your point, from a quality stand point is better value then the 360 in almost every way, and everyone has had a console flop even nintendo bottom line is it's a far better choose then the 360 and the only reason the 360 is outselling it is because it was cheap and people are idiots 

Choosing the machine that plays the games a person wants doesn't make them an "idiot". No matter how much you think the PS3 is a better value the fact is it doesn't have Gears of War, Halo, Fable etc. People who want those games chose the console that has them, just like people who want God or War 3 and GT5 chose the PS3, some paid the outragiously overpriced $600 launch price. A person's taste does not make them an "idiot". Have a little repect for other peoples opinions.

I disagree.

What's an idiot?  An idiot is someone who goes out and buys a product knowing that its egregiously failure prone. 

I myself considered an XBOX 360 in late 2008, but when I heard about the breakage (50% of every owner since 2005has had a broken 360), there was no way I would buy one.  My parents taught me better....its common sense really.

Its like, when did people become so simple minded and foolish?  When was it ok to put your hand in a proverbial fire to get burned over and over and over again?  That's simpleminded logic even a pre kinder gardener can understand....literally.

So all Xbox 360 owners are idiots? Thats about as simpleminded a statement as your pre-kindergartener analogy.

With Microsoft's hassle free and FREE repair service nobody got burned in any "proverbial" fire after the retro active three warrenty was instituted. Microsoft has bent over backwards to solve the problem including the three year service plans on all replacement units. That means if you keep having issues they'll keep fixing it for free and restarting your warrent plan. Who else doesn't that? Not Sony and while it doesn't make headlines the PS3 has its fair share of failures with no extended warrenty, just an expensive repair service.

Halo is a top quality series worth playing and as someone who owns an Xbox 360 that has never broken down I can tell you that you should not be afraid of an overstated unvarified failure rate. Besides Halo there are plenty of exclusives worth playing that as a gamer you should want to play. Personly I think all 3rd party games should be multiplatform, but that is besides the point.

I'm not going to insult you or anyone who differs in opinion though. My parents taught me better, it's common courtesy really.

I don't mean to focus on PS3 fans for this message, but on this website, why are PS3 loyalists so agressive and insulting to 360 owners? Even if those 360 owners have both a PS3 and a 360, it's like owning a 360 on this website makes you a communist or something, and a gateway of insults come flooding in.

Please be civil kain, I don't think unknown soul intended to call 360 owners idiots in particular, he was just referencing humans in general. There are a lot of dumb ones among us, and resorting to insults shows a lack of communication skills.

It's true that the first generation X-Box experienced a failure rate of 33%, but Microsoft did extend their warrenty, and I did inevitably get a 360 HDMI model replacement. Currently, we don't know the reliablity of the 360 Slim, but the old HDMI model had a 2.5% failure rate, PS3 Slim has a 1% failure rate, and the Nintendo Wii is 0.2%  failure rate. All in on, current consoles are fairly reliable.

Now I'm not going to go off and say Microsoft service is amazing, they did replace my 360 with another used broken model which wouldn't play games online, but the third X-Box they sent me was a working one. It also did break, after the 3 year warrenty, but I still got a replacement HDMI model, and that sounds great and all being after an expired warrenty, but I sent that console off for repair like 3 times, and they kept sending it back saying it had no issue. So I called and complained, and got an HDMI model later, also a free controller because I forgot to return the controller I had with the broken 360.

However my experience with Sony's customer service isn't that great. When my PS1 broke, the cost to repair it was $90, and it would take up to 3 months, when a new PS1 cost $130, and PS2 was releasing next year. My PS2 also broke about 5 years after I bought it, around the time PS3 came out, and at the time, I thought Sony purposly made their consoles defect and break when the replacement console arrives. To a degree I still beleive that, but now that I dealt with Microsoft and it's terribly unreliable system I came to one conclusion about reliability.

If you want a reliable console, get a Nintendo.

None of my Nintendo consoles have ever broken, and only 1 N64 controler broke on me, but I blaime Mario Party 1 for that with it's silly analog stick spinning mini games.

If you don't want a Nintendo console, then wait.. Never buy a first generation Sony or Microsoft Product. Sony is better in terms of reliability, but it's best to avoid both in terms of first generation consoles.

Anyway, I'm dragging on.

Stop being an ass, don't insult people, and grow up.

I feel that Sony loyalists on this website feel obligated to insult 360 owners simply because the 360 is outselling the PS3, and they know the PS3 will never surpass the 360. They want to blaime the consumer, thinking the 360 is a crappy product, and that it's success must have been "lucky." The truth is that Microsoft bought a lot of timed exclusives during the early years of the PS3. They did make their fair share of exclusives, and although sony did invent more new IP's, the quality of 360 exclusive titles have been sperb. Forza Motorsport 3 is currently the best rated racing game on an HD console, Halo 3 is also the best rated FPS on an HD console alongside with Modern Warfare 2. Gears of War, PGR, Fable, there also up there too, and with soo much third party support, Microsoft has done a great job delivering games to the 360. Yes a lot of the 360 exclusives also release for PC, but honestly, have any of you purchased a PC game recently other then Starcraft? PC gaming is almost dead.

Personally, I prefer 360 exclusives over PS3 exclusives, and I don't care if games like Bioshock, Oblivion, Ninja Gaiden, Tales of Vesperia, or Mass Effect 2 are ported over to PS3 a year later. They were built to run on the 360, have more DLC content on the 360, and by the time the PS3 version comes out, they are less then half the price of the PS3 version. Also with regular multiconsole games being cheaper on the 360, it's just a better gaming system in my eyes.

but thats my opinion, and go ahead blast away. I'm a 360 owner, so you must insult me.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Persistantthug said:
kain_kusanagi said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Caddelin said:

I disagree.

I don't mean to focus on PS3 fans for this message, but on this website, why are PS3 loyalists so agressive and insulting to 360 owners? Even if those 360 owners have both a PS3 and a 360, it's like owning a 360 on this website makes you a communist or something, and a gateway of insults come flooding in.

Please be civil kain, I don't think unknown soul intended to call 360 owners idiots in particular, he was just referencing humans in general. There are a lot of dumb ones among us, and resorting to insults shows a lack of communication skills.

It's true that the first generation X-Box experienced a failure rate of 33%, but Microsoft did extend their warrenty, and I did inevitably get a 360 HDMI model replacement. Currently, we don't know the reliablity of the 360 Slim, but the old HDMI model had a 2.5% failure rate, PS3 Slim has a 1% failure rate, and the Nintendo Wii is 0.2%  failure rate. All in on, current consoles are fairly reliable.

Now I'm not going to go off and say Microsoft service is amazing, they did replace my 360 with another used broken model which wouldn't play games online, but the third X-Box they sent me was a working one. It also did break, after the 3 year warrenty, but I still got a replacement HDMI model, and that sounds great and all being after an expired warrenty, but I sent that console off for repair like 3 times, and they kept sending it back saying it had no issue. So I called and complained, and got an HDMI model later, also a free controller because I forgot to return the controller I had with the broken 360.

However my experience with Sony's customer service isn't that great. When my PS1 broke, the cost to repair it was $90, and it would take up to 3 months, when a new PS1 cost $130, and PS2 was releasing next year. My PS2 also broke about 5 years after I bought it, around the time PS3 came out, and at the time, I thought Sony purposly made their consoles defect and break when the replacement console arrives. To a degree I still beleive that, but now that I dealt with Microsoft and it's terribly unreliable system I came to one conclusion about reliability.

None of my Nintendo consoles have ever broken, and only 1 N64 controler broke on me, but I blaime Mario Party 1 for that with it's silly analog stick spinning mini games.

If you don't want a Nintendo console, then wait.. Never buy a first generation Sony or Microsoft Product. Sony is better in terms of reliability, but it's best to avoid both in terms of first generation consoles.

Anyway, I'm dragging on.

I feel that Sony loyalists on this website feel obligated to insult 360 owners simply because the 360 is outselling the PS3, and they know the PS3 will never surpass the 360. They want to blaime the consumer, thinking the 360 is a crappy product, and that it's success must have been "lucky." The truth is that Microsoft bought a lot of timed exclusives during the early years of the PS3. They did make their fair share of exclusives, and although sony did invent more new IP's, the quality of 360 exclusive titles have been sperb. Forza Motorsport 3 is currently the best rated racing game on an HD console, Halo 3 is also the best rated FPS on an HD console alongside with Modern Warfare 2. Gears of War, PGR, Fable, there also up there too, and with soo much third party support, Microsoft has done a great job delivering games to the 360. Yes a lot of the 360 exclusives also release for PC, but honestly, have any of you purchased a PC game recently other then Starcraft? PC gaming is almost dead.

Personally, I prefer 360 exclusives over PS3 exclusives, and I don't care if games like Bioshock, Oblivion, Ninja Gaiden, Tales of Vesperia, or Mass Effect 2 are ported over to PS3 a year later. They were built to run on the 360, have more DLC content on the 360, and by the time the PS3 version comes out, they are less then half the price of the PS3 version. Also with regular multiconsole games being cheaper on the 360, it's just a better gaming system in my eyes.

but thats my opinion, and go ahead blast away. I'm a 360 owner, so you must insult me.

You're probably right about him talking about humans in general. Then again his clearification was directed at 360 owners. I've whitnessed the way Xbox 360 owners are treated by PS3 owners on forums across the internet and I just couldn't stop myself from replying, as civily as possible of course.

kain_kusanagi said:
Michael-5 said:
kain_kusanagi said:
Persistantthug said:
kain_kusanagi said:
unknown_soul89 said:
Caddelin said:

I disagree.

Anyway, I'm dragging on.

You're probably right about him talking about humans in general. Then again his clearification was directed at 360 owners. I've whitnessed the way Xbox 360 owners are treated by PS3 owners on forums across the internet and I just couldn't stop myself from replying, as civily as possible of course.

Whops, I meant to tell persistantthug off, your being civilized, he is being the ass. With soo many quotations, it's easy to be lost. My mistake.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

It's cool Michael-5, no worries.

Around the Network

I'ts time to admit it - delusional fanboys need to move on and accept that the current rank of 1st, 2nd and 3rd is pretty much set this gen...

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Only after this holiday season will it be possible to predict the second place (after the Wii). Because then will we know if Move or Kinect is more favourable with the big public and casual gamers.

Dinges said:

Only after this holiday season will it be possible to predict the second place (after the Wii). Because then will we know if Move or Kinect is more favourable with the big public and casual gamers.

The Wii already took the second place, after PS3 X360.

Persistantthug said:

I disagree.

I guess you're never going to get married. The failure rate is too high.

Tease.

Well yes I suppose Move and Kinect are still unknown factors at this point in time.  I will say this tho, - the fact that Kinect is is a pretty new concept and that move is similar to Wii could take either of the 2 in any direction.  It's kinada like innovation vs familiarity. 

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70