By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will outsell the 360 in about 3 years

The 360 is $199 at entry price..

so no they aren't equal, and if you throw the "BUT THE 360 SALES CMOING FROM RIGHT NOW CAME FROM THE $299 MODEL"

well what makes you think normal 360 gamers aren't upgrading to the "360 "s" causing higher sales? I mean you did it right?

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:

so no they aren't equal, and if you throw the "BUT THE 360 SALES CMOING FROM RIGHT NOW CAME FROM THE $299 MODEL"

well what makes you think normal 360 gamers aren't upgrading to the "360 "s" causing higher sales? I mean you did it right?

XD, you do know that there are virtually no $199.00 360s left right? And that MS killed that SKU the day they released the slim. And I love how you are now saying that 360 owners are upgrading to the slim, but when anybody dared say that about the PS3 slim, they were ridiculed, called a fanboy, insulted, and dismissed by your kind. It's telling...very telling.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

leo-j said:

Nope, I still originally had the original model, it broke and Future Shop replaced it with an HDMI model, and thats been problem free for quite some time now. I would never buy two of the same console, and I think most people would probably get a PS3 instead of "upgrading" their 360.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Mr Puggsly said:
Tigerlure said:
ironman said:
RockMan10 said:

Take a look at software:

Gran Turismo 5, Little Big Planet 2, Resistance 3, Ratchet 4, Killzone 3, Final Fantasy 14, The Last Guardian, new Twisted Metal, probably another Uncharted...

Also, Mass Effect went multiplatform, as well as Bungee, and now Valve supports the PS3.

The XBOX is losing more and more XBOX only titles. Gears of War gonna keep it alive??

Impressive line up to be sure, but MS has Halo Reach which dwarfs all those games, and it has Kinnect. As well as Fable 3 and a few other impressive games. no, I think MS has the upper hand right now.

And after Halo Reach? You can't keep doing it forever, especially with Bungie gone. Eventually people will get bored, and then what for Microsoft? Sony is only growing in its exclusives.

You seem to be under the assumption MS isn't working on anything new or looking for exclusives.

Right now MS is all about marketing their upcoming products. Reach, Fable 3, and of course Kinect (which has a bunch of exclusives on its own). Sony is beating us over the head with their exclusives that are still far away.

I'm sure when 2011 comes, MS will hit us with plenty of new games in the works. I think you underestimate them. Lets remember they are ahead of Sony.

No, I'm not under that assumption. What I do know at this moment is 2011 is looking like a MUCH better year for Sony than it is for Microsoft. I also think that you guys are relying on Kinect too much to carry the 360 on, as with Fable 3, which definitely won't be as much as a system seller as Halo Reach. So what do you have after this Christmas? Gears and thats it? Then what? Kinect exclusives? If that's all Microsoft has for 2011, I'd be a little bit worried, because Sony will probably have a few surprises in for you.

Tigerlure said:

No, I'm not under that assumption. What I do know at this moment is 2011 is looking like a MUCH better year for Sony than it is for Microsoft. I also think that you guys are relying on Kinect too much to carry the 360 on, as with Fable 3, which definitely won't be as much as a system seller as Halo Reach. So what do you have after this Christmas? Gears and thats it? Then what? Kinect exclusives? If that's all Microsoft has for 2011, I'd be a little bit worried, because Sony will probably have a few surprises in for you.

What's your point? Doesn't Sony have a "MUCH better year" every year? Is 2011 some how even more spectacular than all the others years?

As I said before, you don't know what MS has coming after the Holidays. And once again you underestimate them by saying Gears is all they have coming. Why promote future games when MS already has a lot coming for 2010?

Every year the 360 gets great exclusives. I don't see why 2011 is gonna be any different.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

P.S.3>360...It could happen in 3 years or it could happen in 2 years or 5 years but all I know is that it will happen someday.

PS3 is already a commercial failure in every aspect. Sony has already suffered irrecuperable losses with it along the years (just recently Sony managed to have some margin of profit over each unit sold).

That alone would be disastrous. If you take into account the fact that Sony held the virtual monopoly of consoles with PS2, it just aggravates the disappointing sales of PS3. So, EVEN IF it manages to outsell the 360 by the end of this generation (which is not a certainty whatsoever), it is still one of the biggest commercial flops in videogame history.

Oh yeah, before I forget, I own both a 360 AND a PS3. 

Mr Puggsly said:
Tigerlure said:

What's your point? Doesn't Sony have a "MUCH better year" every year? Is 2011 some how even more spectacular than all the others years?

As I said before, you don't know what MS has coming after the Holidays. And once again you underestimate them by saying Gears is all they have coming. Why promote future games when MS already has a lot coming for 2010?

Every year the 360 gets great exclusives. I don't see why 2011 is gonna be any different.

Actually looking online at some exclusives, 360 does have a pretty decent 2011 lineup, it's just that Sony advertizes games comming out in the distant future, where Microsoft does not. I mean have you heard any information about Huxley, Forza Kinect, Kingdoms, Kingdom Under Fire, Dead Island, Crash Time 2, Mech Warrior, Demons of Mercy, Dungeon Hero, Prey 2, Duke Nukem, Risen, or Theseis among others? Also Microsoft tends to announce big games late. Forza Motorsport 3 was annouced in E3 2009 and was released in October 2009, Gears 2 was announced in April 2008 and released in November 2008, etc.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Tigerlure said:

Actually looking online at some exclusives, 360 does have a pretty decent 2011 lineup, it's just that Sony advertizes games comming out in the distant future, where Microsoft does not. I mean have you heard any information about Huxley, Forza Kinect, Kingdoms, Kingdom Under Fire, Dead Island, Crash Time 2, Mech Warrior, Demons of Mercy, Dungeon Hero, Prey 2, Duke Nukem, Risen, or Theseis among others? Also Microsoft tends to announce big games late. Forza Motorsport 3 was annouced in E3 2009 and was released in October 2009, Gears 2 was announced in April 2008 and released in November 2008, etc.

Yeah, MS likes to keep their cards close to their chest. It's a good way to keep their competitors guessing. Sony can't even keep their secrets from leaking and they always spill their beans years before games are even ready to be shown. It's a good way to keep your die hard fans interested.

Two strategies that seem to work.

Although, Sony fans make the mistake of thinking MS doesn't have anything in the future because they are used to Sony's way of doing things. MS is just as commited as Sony but they'd rather sell the games they have out now than the ones coming next year. They know they'll have plenty of time next year to sell next year's games.

ironman said:
unknown_soul89 said:
ironman said:
unknown_soul89 said:

Okay seriously people saying the ps3 will never outsell the 360 need to do some fact checking, the 360 has been out for a year longer, so if ps3 is on the market for the same amount of time as the 360 it will outsell it (selling about 9.5 mil on average a year with about a 3.5 mil gab) and ps3 sells about 1 million more consoles a year then the 360 does, actually lets be more specific then that 

38.1/4= 9.525 million a year

41.7/5=8.34 million a year 

9.525-8.34= 1.185 million difference a year

41.7-38.1=3.6 million

3.6/1.185=3.037 years until the ps3 outsells the 360, assuming they both stay on the market

Well of course it would if things stay exactly as they are. But lets face it, that's not gonna happen, there are too many game changers from both sides of the isle to make silly predictions like this. I really can't see any possible way the PS3 outsells the 360 until it is no longer on the market. And after that, bragging about how the PS3 outsold other consoles from it's gen will just be like saying you are the smartest kid with down syndrome. It just 'aint that great. I suggest you settle down and play a game on your PS3 instead of trying to validate your purchase of said console by insulting the intelegence of the gaming community.

lol you can't see a way for the ps3 to outsell the 360 till its not on the market lol, if the 360 wasn't on the market the ps3 would over take it in 3months it's only a matter of time until the ps3 outsells the 360

Ah, so you are talking lifetime sales...how very deceptive of you. I don't see any way the PS3 is going to outsell the 360 until the "720" is released and the 360 is phased out. That is, unless Sony does something simply amazing...and they have already played that card with the slim and the pricecut, they just don't have much leftthey can do, MS still has a trick or two in the bag.

No I'm saying if we are talking lifetime 360 doesn't have a chance, and if they both stay on the market awhile longer ps3 will eventually overtake 360