By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will outsell the 360 in about 3 years

Tigerlure said:
ironman said:
RockMan10 said:

Take a look at software:

Gran Turismo 5, Little Big Planet 2, Resistance 3, Ratchet 4, Killzone 3, Final Fantasy 14, The Last Guardian, new Twisted Metal, probably another Uncharted...

Also, Mass Effect went multiplatform, as well as Bungee, and now Valve supports the PS3.

The XBOX is losing more and more XBOX only titles. Gears of War gonna keep it alive??

Impressive line up to be sure, but MS has Halo Reach which dwarfs all those games, and it has Kinnect. As well as Fable 3 and a few other impressive games. no, I think MS has the upper hand right now.

And after Halo Reach? You can't keep doing it forever, especially with Bungie gone. Eventually people will get bored, and then what for Microsoft? Sony is only growing in its exclusives.

After Reach you have Fable 3, you have Kinnect, you have the inevitable price drop, you have other exclusive that will assuradly come out, All sony has are it's exclusives, and they are shrinking, not growing.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

People saying 360 will stop selling when the new gen releases are really funny. Why would they? xbox was a failure  compared to ps2 so it's a given they stopped producing it. Not even myself thought 360 will sell over 40 million consoles.There is no reason for micrsoft to stop producing 360's when the new xbox launches.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

BenVTrigger said:
Michael-5 said:
Xero said:
RaY_Z said:

i love the delusions on this site =)...

ps... get both consoles.. you get the best of both worlds =)

And the worst. 

Like that ugly Xi your sporting in your signature, or how you're paying for £14,99. I dislike it when people say this, ever thought that people would prefer to commit to one console? There are like 100 games rated over 80 by metacritic on each console, how many gamers can honestly say they have gone through even close to that many, to warrant purchasing a new console for even more games. 

But some people want all the best games. PS3 has some amazing exclusives that are not on the 360, and vice versa. I mean Heavy Rain was an unforgetable experience, but Lost Odyssey was the best rated Japanese RPG this generation. Actually Valkeryia Chronicles was, but Lost Odyssey has more traditional gameplay. Halo and Gears are both amazing shooter franchises, but Uncharted, Killzone and Resistance are still good. Even the Wii is amazing, I mean I know I'm only interested in less then a dozen Wii games, but I just can't live without the Metroid franchise. (I borrow a Wii from a friend from time to time, but I own Metroid Prime 3, and Smash Bros Brawl).

Some people play a lot of video games, and $300 for a console isn't crazy to someone who is no longer a teenager. Also with this generation, the great exclusives are divided.

So it's kind of silly to get two similar consoles (360/PS3), but at the same time it makes sence.

That was a very solid post and pretty much agree with you 100%

and to the other guy there's people who play ALOT of games.  I've played over 112 games on just my 360 this gen.

We're on VGChartz, don't tell me 'alot' when there's something called attach rates. 

I agree though. I was just saying that there are also, downsides to having both consoles, I dislike it when people suggest that that should be the ultimate goal for everyone. I agree when people say you can't be unbiased, without owning or having owned both, however I don't agree that owning both is an intelligent decision for the majority. 

Tigerlure said:
ironman said:
RockMan10 said:

Take a look at software:

Gran Turismo 5, Little Big Planet 2, Resistance 3, Ratchet 4, Killzone 3, Final Fantasy 14, The Last Guardian, new Twisted Metal, probably another Uncharted...

Also, Mass Effect went multiplatform, as well as Bungee, and now Valve supports the PS3.

The XBOX is losing more and more XBOX only titles. Gears of War gonna keep it alive??

Impressive line up to be sure, but MS has Halo Reach which dwarfs all those games, and it has Kinnect. As well as Fable 3 and a few other impressive games. no, I think MS has the upper hand right now.

And after Halo Reach? You can't keep doing it forever, especially with Bungie gone. Eventually people will get bored, and then what for Microsoft? Sony is only growing in its exclusives.

You seem to be under the assumption MS isn't working on anything new or looking for exclusives.

Right now MS is all about marketing their upcoming products. Reach, Fable 3, and of course Kinect (which has a bunch of exclusives on its own). Sony is beating us over the head with their exclusives that are still far away.

I'm sure when 2011 comes, MS will hit us with plenty of new games in the works. I think you underestimate them. Lets remember they are ahead of Sony.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Tigerlure said:
ironman said:
RockMan10 said:

Take a look at software:

I am a little worried about 360 exclusives in 2011. So far Microsoft has relied heavily on some big exclusives, Halo, Gears of War, Forza Motorsport 3, Project Gotham Racing, Mass Effect, Fable, Left 4 Dead, Lost Oddyssey (and some other JRPG's), Ninja Gaiden, and now Kinect.

Bungie is no longer owned by Microsoft, so Microsoft is giving the next Halo to the people who make Flight Simulator :S

Bizzarre Creations (Makers of PGR) has been bought out by Activision, and blur was multiplatform and essentially a big fail.

Mass Effect 2 has gone multiplatform, and although the PS3 version with have no DLC, come out a year later, and end up as a terrible port, it's still multiplatform

Valve has opened up with Sony, so Left 4 Dead 3, Portal 2 and any other future Valve games will be multiconsole

Mistwalkers (makers of Lost Odyssey), are now making a Wii exclusive JRPG (The Last Story)

and Ninja Gaiden 2 went multiplatform a long while ago along with other "exclusives" like Bioshock, Oblivion, Tales of Vesperia, GTA IV expansions, etc.

All that is purely left is Gears, a weakened Halo, Fable, Forza and Kinect. Still their biggest franchises, but how many years can they alternate a Forza, Halo and Gears title?

I know Insomniac is making a multiconsole game, but Sony still has like 15 development studios all remaining exclusive. Gran Turismo, InFAMOUS, Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, God of War, The Last Guardian, Twisted Metal, all still exclusive. The only thing Sony potentially lost os Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy exclusives.

Seriously, other then Kingdoms, and Forza Kinect, what else could Microsoft possibly release in fall 2011?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Tigerlure said:
ironman said:
RockMan10 said:

Take a look at software:

I am a little worried about 360 exclusives in 2011. So far Microsoft has relied heavily on some big exclusives, Halo, Gears of War, Forza Motorsport 3, Project Gotham Racing, Mass Effect, Fable, Left 4 Dead, Lost Oddyssey (and some other JRPG's), Ninja Gaiden, and now Kinect.

Bungie is no longer owned by Microsoft, so Microsoft is giving the next Halo to the people who make Flight Simulator :S

Bizzarre Creations (Makers of PGR) has been bought out by Activision, and blur was multiplatform and essentially a big fail.

Mass Effect 2 has gone multiplatform, and although the PS3 version with have no DLC, come out a year later, and end up as a terrible port, it's still multiplatform

Valve has opened up with Sony, so Left 4 Dead 3, Portal 2 and any other future Valve games will be multiconsole

Mistwalkers (makers of Lost Odyssey), are now making a Wii exclusive JRPG (The Last Story)

and Ninja Gaiden 2 went multiplatform a long while ago along with other "exclusives" like Bioshock, Oblivion, Tales of Vesperia, GTA IV expansions, etc.

All that is purely left is Gears, a weakened Halo, Fable, Forza and Kinect. Still their biggest franchises, but how many years can they alternate a Forza, Halo and Gears title?

I know Insomniac is making a multiconsole game, but Sony still has like 15 development studios all remaining exclusive. Gran Turismo, InFAMOUS, Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, God of War, The Last Guardian, Twisted Metal, all still exclusive. The only thing Sony potentially lost os Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy exclusives.

Seriously, other then Kingdoms, and Forza Kinect, what else could Microsoft possibly release in fall 2011?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Xero said:
BenVTrigger said:
Michael-5 said:
Xero said:
RaY_Z said:

i love the delusions on this site =)...

ps... get both consoles.. you get the best of both worlds =)

And the worst. 

Like that ugly Xi your sporting in your signature, or how you're paying for £14,99. I dislike it when people say this, ever thought that people would prefer to commit to one console? There are like 100 games rated over 80 by metacritic on each console, how many gamers can honestly say they have gone through even close to that many, to warrant purchasing a new console for even more games. 

But some people want all the best games. PS3 has some amazing exclusives that are not on the 360, and vice versa. I mean Heavy Rain was an unforgetable experience, but Lost Odyssey was the best rated Japanese RPG this generation. Actually Valkeryia Chronicles was, but Lost Odyssey has more traditional gameplay. Halo and Gears are both amazing shooter franchises, but Uncharted, Killzone and Resistance are still good. Even the Wii is amazing, I mean I know I'm only interested in less then a dozen Wii games, but I just can't live without the Metroid franchise. (I borrow a Wii from a friend from time to time, but I own Metroid Prime 3, and Smash Bros Brawl).

Some people play a lot of video games, and $300 for a console isn't crazy to someone who is no longer a teenager. Also with this generation, the great exclusives are divided.

So it's kind of silly to get two similar consoles (360/PS3), but at the same time it makes sence.

That was a very solid post and pretty much agree with you 100%

and to the other guy there's people who play ALOT of games.  I've played over 112 games on just my 360 this gen.

We're on VGChartz, don't tell me 'alot' when there's something called attach rates. 

I agree though. I was just saying that there are also, downsides to having both consoles, I dislike it when people suggest that that should be the ultimate goal for everyone. I agree when people say you can't be unbiased, without owning or having owned both, however I don't agree that owning both is an intelligent decision for the majority. 

Oh you can still be biased if you own all the consoles, and I did say that that only some people want all the consoles. For most I definatly agree with you, one console is plenty, unless that console is a Wii (Sorry to all Nintendo fans, I love the Wii, but I just don't see too many 9 /10 or even 8 /10 games worth getting).

As for the Bias thing, some people may own all the consoles, but spend most of their time on one primary console, or just be big Metroid, Halo, Killzone etc fans and have biased views on different franchises.

The PS3 price cut to $250 will change that, when the PS3 and the 360 we both at $300 before the new slim launched and the price cut on older skus the 360 was getting destroyed only selling 90k or lower a week for 3 months with the PS3 selling 160k on average a week so when the prices equal out again sony will close the gap and i dont think move or kinect will be huge monumental system sellers or sales multipliers

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

FullMetalMerc said:

The PS3 price cut to $250 will change that, when the PS3 and the 360 we both at $300 before the new slim launched and the price cut on older skus the 360 was getting destroyed only selling 90k or lower a week for 3 months with the PS3 selling 160k on average a week so when the prices equal out again sony will close the gap and i dont think move or kinect will be huge monumental system sellers or sales multipliers

Your comparing the PS3 Slim outselling the old SKU 360 at the launch of the PS3 Slim, and giving no credit for the PS3 Slim itself boasting sales. Makes no sence, so is PS3 sales doublind at the time of the Slim launch a coinsidence? Also both the 360 Slim and PS3 Slim still cost $300, prices are equal, and have been for a while, so...why did I respond to this? Your whole message is just false (no offence).

Michael-5 said:
FullMetalMerc said:

Your comparing the PS3 Slim outselling the old SKU 360 at the launch of the PS3 Slim, and giving no credit for the PS3 Slim itself boasting sales. Makes no sence, so is PS3 sales doublind at the time of the Slim launch a coinsidence? Also both the 360 Slim and PS3 Slim still cost $300, prices are equal, and have been for a while, so...why did I respond to this? Your whole message is just false (no offence).

Exactly right.