By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will outsell the 360 in about 3 years

Jay520 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Jay520 said:

In terms of quality games, the PS3 caught the 360 a long time ago IMO.

I think that in terms of this generation the best games are mult-platforms (some times 360/PC). And it's not all a matter of quality, we are discussing sales.

I don't have to say that Reach will outsell GT5 because it'll be a AAA game against a BBB. As far I have seen GT5 will be fantastic BUT....

... racing games are no longer apeals to general public and gamers. 

Think in terms of films franchises. The biggest and more sucessful sequels have 3 or 4 years gap. And nowadays 2 years (Transformers) or less (Twilight).

I can see Killzone 3 selling more than GT5 and PS3 consoles as well. 

I think you're overestimating Killzone and underestimating GT. 

Since you probably don't know this. KZ2 sold about 2.5mil and GT4 sold over 10mil. And GT3 sold 14mil.

Killzone 2 isn't much a seller, none of the exclusive shooters on ps3 are, ps3 doesn't really have that many games that make a ton of sales but it's less advertised exclusives sell alot better then 360s less advertised ones as for GT it's hard to call, I mean I think it's reasonable to assume some of the fanbased jumped onto forza because they got sick of waiting I don't see the game as that good anyways the best games almost never get massive sales (mario being pretty much the only exception)

Around the Network

Misspost

I think you guys definitely underestimate GT5. It's fueled by a community who many of which, exclusively play driving similators. Within serious sim racing communitys, Forza is considered somewhat of a joke, as it's vastly inferior to it's PC counterparts, visually, and in terms of it's physics engine. 

GT5 is built, for these players. Fortunately, GT5 is actually ahead, of both Forza, and PC sim counterparts, in terms of content, visuals and function. So it should have a very, very wide audience. In Europe, GT5 is a massive deal, the people will buy PS3s if that's where the definitive racing experience was. The same as several million Koreans are prepared to upgrade there PC to make the specs for Starcraft 2. 

Xero said:

I think you guys definitely underestimate GT5. It's fueled by a community who many of which, exclusively play driving similators. Within serious sim racing communitys, Forza is considered somewhat of a joke, as it's vastly inferior to it's PC counterparts, visually, and in terms of it's physics engine. 

GT5 is built, for these players. Fortunately, GT5 is actually ahead, of both Forza, and PC sim counterparts, in terms of content, visuals and function. So it should have a very, very wide audience. In Europe, GT5 is a massive deal, the people will buy PS3s if that's where the definitive racing experience was. The same as several million Koreans are prepared to upgrade there PC to make the specs for Starcraft 2. 

Still don't consider it half as good as folklore or any of the ICO games or Demon souls, or well I could go on forever

I respect that you don't but you must respect that, people, quite naturally do. I still need to try Folklore. I've ever heard anything bad said about it, but no one ever seems to have it, and reviews weren't fantastic. 

GT5 isn't my favourite game either. It's something I'll definitely be getting, but I know it'll be Little Big Planet 2 I'll be spending most of my time on, for November. 

Around the Network
unknown_soul89 said:

Okay seriously people saying the ps3 will never outsell the 360 need to do some fact checking, the 360 has been out for a year longer, so if ps3 is on the market for the same amount of time as the 360 it will outsell it (selling about 9.5 mil on average a year with about a 3.5 mil gab) and ps3 sells about 1 million more consoles a year then the 360 does, actually lets be more specific then that 

38.1/4= 9.525 million a year

41.7/5=8.34 million a year 

9.525-8.34= 1.185 million difference a year

41.7-38.1=3.6 million

3.6/1.185=3.037 years until the ps3 outsells the 360, assuming they both stay on the market

Well of course it would if things stay exactly as they are. But lets face it, that's not gonna happen, there are too many game changers from both sides of the isle to make silly predictions like this. I really can't see any possible way the PS3 outsells the 360 until it is no longer on the market. And after that, bragging about how the PS3 outsold other consoles from it's gen will just be like saying you are the smartest kid with down syndrome. It just 'aint that great. I suggest you settle down and play a game on your PS3 instead of trying to validate your purchase of said console by insulting the intelegence of the gaming community.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
unknown_soul89 said:

Okay seriously people saying the ps3 will never outsell the 360 need to do some fact checking, the 360 has been out for a year longer, so if ps3 is on the market for the same amount of time as the 360 it will outsell it (selling about 9.5 mil on average a year with about a 3.5 mil gab) and ps3 sells about 1 million more consoles a year then the 360 does, actually lets be more specific then that 

41.7-38.1=3.6 million

3.6/1.185=3.037 years until the ps3 outsells the 360, assuming they both stay on the market

Well of course it would if things stay exactly as they are. But lets face it, that's not gonna happen, there are too many game changers from both sides of the isle to make silly predictions like this. I really can't see any possible way the PS3 outsells the 360 until it is no longer on the market. And after that, bragging about how the PS3 outsold other consoles from it's gen will just be like saying you are the smartest kid with down syndrome. It just 'aint that great. I suggest you settle down and play a game on your PS3 instead of trying to validate your purchase of said console by insulting the intelegence of the gaming community.

lol you can't see a way for the ps3 to outsell the 360 till its not on the market lol, if the 360 wasn't on the market the ps3 would over take it in 3months it's only a matter of time until the ps3 outsells the 360

i love the delusions on this site =)...

ps... get both consoles.. you get the best of both worlds =)

RaY_Z said:

i love the delusions on this site =)...

ps... get both consoles.. you get the best of both worlds =)

360 isn't worth a buy, too many down sides, would rather just upgrade my comp to play all of it's decent "Exclusives" which seem to be starting to dwindle even more 

unknown_soul89 said:
ironman said:
unknown_soul89 said:

41.7-38.1=3.6 million

lol you can't see a way for the ps3 to outsell the 360 till its not on the market lol, if the 360 wasn't on the market the ps3 would over take it in 3months it's only a matter of time until the ps3 outsells the 360

Ah, so you are talking lifetime sales...how very deceptive of you. I don't see any way the PS3 is going to outsell the 360 until the "720" is released and the 360 is phased out. That is, unless Sony does something simply amazing...and they have already played that card with the slim and the pricecut, they just don't have much leftthey can do, MS still has a trick or two in the bag.

@ Marcus jackson

http://www.investorguide.com/stock-charts.php?ticker=SNE

The Sony stock trend does not seem to promising, at the moment it's taking a dive. I'm sorry, but Sony's gaming division was losing money up until the slim, and even now it has yet to break even, if you were a stock holder and were counting on the gaming division, you would either be an idiot, or extremely optomistic. Trust me, GT5 will not do ANYTHING to Sony stocks, they sell too many other products for the gaming division to make a huge impact, and if Sony only had the gaming division, well, there would be no Sony, they would have lost many of  their share holders the minute they entered the market with a $600.00 console, and the rest after it was announced that Sony was losing money. I suggest you try to understand the stock market and how it works...I would hate to see you lose your retirement fund because you couldn't look past a logo on a product you love.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!