By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Possible News That Could Have Huge Effect On PS3's Holiday Sales

BHR-3 said:

I knew Sony had something still up in there sleeves whos going to buy the $300 kenict 4gb arcade bundle when you can just give another $50 and get a PS3 with a HDD, Bluray, and Move Bundle

who's going to buy a PS3 with move when for $150 less you can get a Wii and Mario? >:]

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
dsister said:
BHR-3 said:

I knew Sony had something still up in there sleeves whos going to buy the $300 kenict 4gb arcade bundle when you can just give another $50 and get a PS3 with a HDD, Bluray, and Move Bundle

who's going to buy a PS3 with move when for $150 less you can get a Wii and Mario?

If mario is such a big deal to the consumer they would have bought the wii already...and again Mario is not everyones cup of tea, like me who really do not care much for mario and haven't for around 10 years or so...

There ya go ;) your answer

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

hmmm..that's a good idea, frankly I think Sony will pull some price cut/bundle at GDC

personally I'm excited for what deals Sony(MS and nintendo) will have for black friday!!!

M.U.G.E.N said:

If mario is such a big deal to the consumer they would have bought the wii already...and again Mario is not everyones cup of tea, like me who really do not care much for mario and haven't for around 10 years or so...

And if people were interested in motion controls they would have bought a Wii already.

P.S. I'm not the biggest fan of Mario either.

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

In Japan, Sony is on the 160 / 320 GB models.  I'm thinking that the same thing will happen here once the stock runs out...

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

I guess it could be $299 standalone, $99 Move pack and $349 bundle. A bundle which they probably wouldn't have introduced if they felt the $399 price would work. Its the same as Kinect really, $149 standalone and $50 discount with a console.

NT

BHR-3 said:

A few weeks back, the PlayStation Blog let slip the details on three different PlayStation Move bundles, assuring that everyone was able to jump into the second wind of this console generation, regardless of where they stood in terms of hardware. Gamers could pick up the controller by itself for $49, get it with a camera and game for $99, or purchase a system, game, and a camera for $399. The last option didn't get any details, at the time, leaving gamers guessing as to what size hard drive it might come with. We've been sent some more information from a source close to Sony that has not only details on the $399 version, but information on an unannounced $349 edition as well.

According to the source (who has, in the past, proven reliable), the $399 version will come with a 320GB hard drive. The $349 version, which may or may not launch at the same time, will come packed with 120GB of space. This goes right alone with previous rumors of the company replacing its 120GB systems with 320GB models, and might mean a $50 price drop for the 120GB PlayStation 3 systems in the near future. That, or they'll just be phased out entirely.

Currently, we have no idea when this might be officially unveiled, but as Move's release date rapidly approaches it would make sense for the console maker to announce it sooner, rather than later. Might as well strike while everyone's still reeling over Kinect's $150 price point, right?

http://www.gamervision.com/users/jonathan_h_cooper/articles/ps3_move_bundle_to_come_in_two_sizes_

also another article listing 349 for PS3 with Move

http://www.d-gu.com/will-the-4gb-360-bundle-kinect-with-consumers/

Someone who isn't interested in Move, but who is interested in Kinect?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

M.U.G.E.N said:
dsister said:
BHR-3 said:

who's going to buy a PS3 with move when for $150 less you can get a Wii and Mario?

Newsflash. The consumer has already bought the Wii. Now they're in the market for a second console to play between Mario games.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Ohhh my, If they do cut the price for 120gb for clearance then this holiday should be FUN!!!! can't w8 for the melt downs. =)