By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Possible News That Could Have Huge Effect On PS3's Holiday Sales

They should replace the 120GB models with 160 GB models.. but if they replace it with a 320gb model and keep the price at $299, that's even better.

but I'd like the idea of a 320GB ps3 for $299.. since there are some people that buy a 360 over a ps3 because the 360 is 250gb for the same price (I know it's kinda a weird sense of logic)

mM
Around the Network

Chances are they'll gimp something out, like the free game.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
TheSource said:

Don't expect Sony to fork over its profit margins - financially speaking this will probably be the best Christmas PS3 will ever have. Can't see a 'real' price cut on the older models, but they may discount them to clear out stock.

That's what I've been thinking since that rumor of a 500 gig model being revealed by the FCC a few months back. A SKU shift, and new colors in the west, are the biggest weapons in Sony's arsenal right now. That $349 bundle is a potential game-changer this holiday. Particularly in Europe where Kinect is likely to not be as well-received.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

leo-j said:

They should replace the 120GB models with 160 GB models.. but if they replace it with a 320gb model and keep the price at $299, that's even better.

but I'd like the idea of a 320GB ps3 for $299.. since there are some people that buy a 360 over a ps3 because the 360 is 250gb for the same price (I know it's kinda a weird sense of logic)

i dont know what happen but there were rumors and even FCC documents of 250gb and 500gb PS3s for this year most likely the 250gb would replace the 120gb at 299 and the 500gb would replace the 250gb at 349 that would been better for sony since the 360S has a 250gb

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=250803

i believe that they will replace the 120gb with 160gb for the move bundles after all 120gb are gone i agree with the source there wont be anything cheaper than $299 it isnt wise to cut the price of the120gb when you can sell it with move for $349

Play Me

What's with all the desperation/reassurance topics, BHR?

Proud Owner of: 

250gig FFXIII SE Xbox 360, 250gig Xbox 360 S, black Wii, 120gig PS3 Slim, soon to be 3DS *___*

Around the Network

Would love to see what a $250 PS3 would Do in Sales. Would Be Massive.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Infamous said:

What's with all the desperation/reassurance topics, BHR?

Obviously he's trying to detract people so they'll lose on the VGC WInter Sales contest.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

That would be interesting to see... i'm really excited for GC and TGS...

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

...Gran Turismo 5

Ps2 Classics (o-o)

Rising Zan Samurai Gunman (Ps1 Classic:D)

Move(o0)

all the Ps3 needs this Holiday.

If Sony does have this bundle in the works I would expect them to announce it October...a few weeks before the launch of Kinect.  They might as well sell as many units as possible at the $399 price tag then offer a less expenisve option to maintain interest in Move and try to persuade potential Kinect buyers to the PS3.  It will also make PS3 bundle a little more attractive for the holidays.  

Pretty much the same move Microsoft did with the 360S and releasing the arcade version a month later.