By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Possible News That Could Have Huge Effect On PS3's Holiday Sales

Do you really think move or kinect will have good sales or boost PS3/Xbox360 sales?

Even without a price cut the Wii will win this holiday easily. It's the first holiday for the Wii with a real extraordinary game line-up and many PS3/Xbox360 owner I know are thinking about getting a Wii instead of Move/Kinect.

If the Wii gets a price cut before holiday the sales will be phenomenal.

Around the Network
Cueil said:
BHR-3 said:

A few weeks back, the PlayStation Blog let slip the details on three different PlayStation Move bundles, assuring that everyone was able to jump into the second wind of this console generation, regardless of where they stood in terms of hardware. Gamers could pick up the controller by itself for $49, get it with a camera and game for $99, or purchase a system, game, and a camera for $399. The last option didn't get any details, at the time, leaving gamers guessing as to what size hard drive it might come with. We've been sent some more information from a source close to Sony that has not only details on the $399 version, but information on an unannounced $349 edition as well.

According to the source (who has, in the past, proven reliable), the $399 version will come with a 320GB hard drive. The $349 version, which may or may not launch at the same time, will come packed with 120GB of space. This goes right alone with previous rumors of the company replacing its 120GB systems with 320GB models, and might mean a $50 price drop for the 120GB PlayStation 3 systems in the near future. That, or they'll just be phased out entirely.

Currently, we have no idea when this might be officially unveiled, but as Move's release date rapidly approaches it would make sense for the console maker to announce it sooner, rather than later. Might as well strike while everyone's still reeling over Kinect's $150 price point, right?

http://www.gamervision.com/users/jonathan_h_cooper/articles/ps3_move_bundle_to_come_in_two_sizes_

also another article listing 349 for PS3 with Move

http://www.d-gu.com/will-the-4gb-360-bundle-kinect-with-consumers/

I knew Sony had something still up in there sleeves whos going to buy the $300 kenict 4gb arcade bundle when you can just give another $50 and get a PS3 with a HDD, Bluray, and Move Bundle

maybe because of the games... jeez... you would think that someone was buying the device as a BR Player first and gaming second

cough cough it's now 2010 not 2007, and ps3 is more of a gaming console now

ok this a good move by sony, it shoul dbe interesting if ps3 falls to $249 sales will get boosted by gt5 alone, and a price drop should push sales even futher

DarkisWR said:
BHR-3 said:

yeah i believe that all 120gbs will be bundle with move for 349 and release in oct-nov of this year this is how sony will discontinue that sku the 120gb will be replaced very soon already has in JP with a 160gb for same price 

at move launch all that will be available is the bigger HDD sku for $399 sony did it this way so that they can make more money on those consumers that are the must buy at launch type

the other 2 companies better be shaking in there pants if this happens b/c the bang for the buck at $349 is insane

PS3 with a good enough sized HDD that will last you rest of gen

PS Eye

PS Move

DS3

Built in BluRay

Built in rechargeable controllers

PS Move Title

Free Online

Only $349 ya'll better step your game up 

Didn't you make a certain bet to leave?

I disagree with alot of what your saying...infact with you comment like 

"PS3 with a good enough sized HDD that will last you rest of gen

PS Eye

PS Move

DS3

Built in BluRay

PS Move Title

Free Online

Only $349 ya'll better step your game up"

1-How do you know? Why would they offer such a larger hd then? *see what I did there?*

2- Kinnect...

3-DS3...ummm confused you mean what? Surly not 3d?...seeing that less than 1% use it home wise atm...or you mean dungeon siege 3? or...idk wtf?

4-...have you not seen how easy it is to dl hd copys of movies on the net? Have you not seen how ''NOT'' BR is taking over?  Come on...Br copy Digi copy dvd copy all for 20$...it's getting desperate mate.

5- You realize....when that battery runs out*i've already had 2*...you have to pay out for that new controller...infact it doesnt even charge while the ps3 is off...but thank you wii.

6-???? Updates...and wii copys don't mount to much...ohh you mean hard core games...come spring...2011.

7-349 is great...for one person...do you really think gamers are all alone at this point?

Ohh man Darkis, there is just so much wrong with what you said, lets go through it.

DS3 is the dualshock 3 controller which is bundled with every PS3. Blu Ray IS infact an advantage the PS3 has whether you like it or not. What are you talking about with the controller charge? the PS3 controller is rechargable out of the box which was the original point. (once the controller charge fails?) (Iv had my controllers since launch.. still working)

PS3 has a great 1st party dev team, updates are done automatically now for PlayStation Plus. (but are a pain in general)

thats all i have the energy for... for now.

@OP, SOny should make this bundle, it makes alot more sense to me than the $399 one.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

A bundle for 349$ is actually a lot better, but I think it's probably still too expensive for non-gamers/casual-only gamers (I hope I'm wrong). A bigger harddrive will be nice as well, although it won't really have an effect on sales, I think.

Anyway, it's very likely that Sony announces these things at GamesCom, which is around one month before the official Move launch. I even go a little further and predict that there will be a Special Edition GT5 PS3 Slim as well.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

If there is a $249 120Gig clearance I predict predictions of meltdowns.

A $349 160Gig Move bundle is a very good competitor with the Arcade Kinect bundle at $299, and an excellent competitor with 360s Elite. If they do put out this bundle then Sony's firm commitment to Move would be pretty hard to doubt.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

ultraslick said:
DarkisWR said:
BHR-3 said:

yeah i believe that all 120gbs will be bundle with move for 349 and release in oct-nov of this year this is how sony will discontinue that sku the 120gb will be replaced very soon already has in JP with a 160gb for same price 

at move launch all that will be available is the bigger HDD sku for $399 sony did it this way so that they can make more money on those consumers that are the must buy at launch type

the other 2 companies better be shaking in there pants if this happens b/c the bang for the buck at $349 is insane

PS3 with a good enough sized HDD that will last you rest of gen

PS Eye

PS Move

DS3

Built in BluRay

PS Move Title

Free Online

Only $349 ya'll better step your game up 

Didn't you make a certain bet to leave?

I disagree with alot of what your saying...infact with you comment like 

"PS3 with a good enough sized HDD that will last you rest of gen

PS Eye

PS Move

DS3

Built in BluRay

PS Move Title

Free Online

Only $349 ya'll better step your game up"

1-How do you know? Why would they offer such a larger hd then? *see what I did there?*

2- Kinnect...

3-DS3...ummm confused you mean what? Surly not 3d?...seeing that less than 1% use it home wise atm...or you mean dungeon siege 3? or...idk wtf?

4-...have you not seen how easy it is to dl hd copys of movies on the net? Have you not seen how ''NOT'' BR is taking over?  Come on...Br copy Digi copy dvd copy all for 20$...it's getting desperate mate.

5- You realize....when that battery runs out*i've already had 2*...you have to pay out for that new controller...infact it doesnt even charge while the ps3 is off...but thank you wii.

6-???? Updates...and wii copys don't mount to much...ohh you mean hard core games...come spring...2011.

7-349 is great...for one person...do you really think gamers are all alone at this point?

Ohh man Darkis, there is just so much wrong with what you said, lets go through it.

DS3 is the dualshock 3 controller which is bundled with every PS3. Blu Ray IS infact an advantage the PS3 has whether you like it or not. What are you talking about with the controller charge? the PS3 controller is rechargable out of the box which was the original point. (once the controller charge fails?) (Iv had my controllers since launch.. still working)

PS3 has a great 1st party dev team, updates are done automatically now for PlayStation Plus. (but are a pain in general)

thats all i have the energy for... for now.

@OP, SOny should make this bundle, it makes alot more sense to me than the $399 one.

Sadliy...I did'nt know having rumble was a for the ps3*btw...bad wording..and yes I enjoy the fug out my ps3* Really don't see how that should be a ''selling'' point.*six-axis or not...*

*btw wii has wii motes with every console...360 has a game pad aswell...really care to go on?*

And yes I ment once the battery fails...which btw it fugn does. Thats like xbots coming on and saying thier xbox never rrod's so that means it never happends.

Yeah plus is nice...but...really? that a seller? NO.

Ps3 still doesnt charge batterys while off....or dl...*so yeah like I said ealier.*

As for the rest you didnt have room for argument.

Gooood News!!!!! I believe in MOVE... Only the time will show if will be success or not

DarkisWR said:

Dude, seriously, just back out of this thread slowly and pretend you never made a post. Nearly everything you've said is either an outright lie or extremely subjective.

1. He said a 120 Gig HDD is good enough and I agree with him, people also have the option to use any other larger hard drive if they need the extra space, it's all about options my friend.

2. His mentioning Move as a positive selling point, Kinect isn't Sony's selling point so I don't know why you'd mention it....

3. You already embarrassed yourself about the DS3, so I'll just move on.

4. Blue Ray is a huge selling point, everyone with a PS3 can use Blue Ray, everyone with an internet connection cannot download or stream HD movies because most of the world has a bandwidth cap. Just so you know, the PS3 can also stream and download movies. 

5. I've had two Six axis controllers that have been used nearly daily since the PS3 launched, they have shown no signs of running out, they have shown no signs of wear or tear. Either you've played your PS3 for long periods of time every single day for the last 3 and a half years or your lying, I'm leaning more towards lying.

6. Every system receives updates, the PS3 can also download updates in the background now as well (with PSN ), free online is a compelling feature and the best disadvantage you can find is updates? Try harder. You obviously haven't looked up the Move lineup so I'll just let 'Wii copy' thing pass.

7. $349 gives you more features than any other console on the market, it's up to the consumer to decide if those features are compelling enough and I personally do think they are. For $50 extra over the nearest competitor (Kinect Arcade) your getting an extra 114 gig HDD, a Blue Ray player, free online, a Move set, Move game and a really good gaming machine. I don't know man, that sounds like a pretty good deal even if it for one person.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

The only thing i hate about the Move bundles is us users with the Eye already get screwed. I want Sports Champions and 2 Move controllers for $99 please, replace the eye with a controller, it makes sense.

I'll probably wait until Sorcery comes out anyway, maybe Killzone...nothing really at launch for me is must have though so i can just wait and get the stuff for xmas, no biggie.