By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Possible News That Could Have Huge Effect On PS3's Holiday Sales

heruamon said:
snfr said:
heruamon said:

The $300 Natal bundle is still cheaper than that...are we forgetting about what was said about the $199 Arcade bundles?

Price is not everything. Just want to mention here, the PS3 outsold the 360 in EMEAA weekly even before the PS3 Slim was released or announced although the 360 was at 200€ and the PS3 was at 400€.

Of course we are talking about US prices here and for that... 360 would sell better in the US even if the price of the PS3 is 300$. If Sony can increase the sales at least a bit it will be alright for them.

Maybe ur right...time will tell how this shakes out.  M$ is going after a totally different aucience with Kinect then Sony with Move, it seems.

yep gotta wait for the launch. also meaning the fat lady has not sung yet. it's always been anybodies game

Around the Network

If they do have some sort of price cut, I will most likely be getting a PS3 this holiday season.  honestly the only real thing that has held me back was a lack of cash to spend on something that expensive, but thats getting a bit better if true.

heruamon said:
snfr said:

Price is not everything. Just want to mention here, the PS3 outsold the 360 in EMEAA weekly even before the PS3 Slim was released or announced although the 360 was at 200€ and the PS3 was at 400€.

Of course we are talking about US prices here and for that... 360 would sell better in the US even if the price of the PS3 is 300$. If Sony can increase the sales at least a bit it will be alright for them.

Maybe ur right...time will tell how this shakes out.  M$ is going after a totally different aucience with Kinect then Sony with Move, it seems.

That's why I believe that the 360 will sell a lot more this holiday than the PS3. With Kinect MS tries to pull the casual audience on their site, Sony obviously tries to appeal to both casuals and hardcore. By doing that Sony can't appeal to anyone of those groups well enough to push console sales very high, I think. When I look at Move right now it even seems to me that Sony is aiming more for the core audience because they talk a lot about precision, etc.

So I really think Sony and MS will have great sales this holiday, but 360 sales will probably be a lot higher, I guess.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

WilliamWatts said:
dallas said:

the 360 now has free wifi right?

Yup. From what I recall 2.4Ghz B/G/N.

wow, so that's a soft price cut in of itself.  MS is really being aggressive with its pricing!  very daring company

I really like your sig :D

Around the Network

thanks  :)