By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What I want from the Ocarina of Time remake.

What I want from the remake:

OoT in 3D.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Diablerie said:
Erunion said:
tehsage said:

I want them to do nothing. Ocarina of Time is perfect as it already is. Don't fuck it up.

Unskippable cutscenes.

THAT DAMN OWL.

At the very least you have to admit that altering these would be improvements.

Just the Owl.  I want to skip hearing him say the same thing over and over and over again.  On my last playthrough, I was doing some side stuff and everytime I came back to one area, there he was and I couldn't skip it.  Other than that, don't touch it.

Anything changed should be placed in a 2nd playthrough.

Even the water temple is to be left alone?

Yes even the damn water temple :P some of us enjoy the bullshit it brings with it

Well that's not something that sells games, so that's not going to stay.

Apparently it does as OoT Sold a crap load of copies on the N64

Wait, bullshit in the water dungeon sold the game? I don't think you paid attention to the context of my comment.

And even if it didn't hurt the sales doesn't mean that fixing it now won't be a selling point.

EDIT: Well now I know what Jim Sterling was on about.

What?  lol I think you're over reacting here man, I never even said the bullshit dungeon is what sold the game, the game play and design is what sold the game, but the Water Temple is pretty famous in its own right, it's up there with the haunted woods temple on LttP cause not only is it tricky but has something that makes it just bullshit and its fun because of it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

RCTjunkie said:

OoT in 3D

Dolphin Wii emulator on PC can play the gamecube version of the game 3D if you want :)

Here is what i want ...

I want to play it !

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

What I'd really like for them to do is use a better sounding system than MIDI for their music. OoT has some really beautiful music as it is, and it would just be icing on the cake if the quality received a nice bump.

Around the Network

I hope they keep the basic design for everything, and just up the graphics.

I hope they give you the option to play both the regular and Master Quest versions of the game on a single cart, as well as possibly a third version with even more aditional content that may bave been planned for the original title.  But at least include Master Quest.  I never had a chance to play that version.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Diablerie said:
Erunion said:
tehsage said:

I want them to do nothing. Ocarina of Time is perfect as it already is. Don't fuck it up.

Unskippable cutscenes.

THAT DAMN OWL.

At the very least you have to admit that altering these would be improvements.

Just the Owl.  I want to skip hearing him say the same thing over and over and over again.  On my last playthrough, I was doing some side stuff and everytime I came back to one area, there he was and I couldn't skip it.  Other than that, don't touch it.

Anything changed should be placed in a 2nd playthrough.

Even the water temple is to be left alone?

Yes even the damn water temple :P some of us enjoy the bullshit it brings with it

Well that's not something that sells games, so that's not going to stay.

Apparently it does as OoT Sold a crap load of copies on the N64

Wait, bullshit in the water dungeon sold the game? I don't think you paid attention to the context of my comment.

And even if it didn't hurt the sales doesn't mean that fixing it now won't be a selling point.

EDIT: Well now I know what Jim Sterling was on about.

What?  lol I think you're over reacting here man, I never even said the bullshit dungeon is what sold the game, the game play and design is what sold the game, but the Water Temple is pretty famous in its own right, it's up there with the haunted woods temple on LttP cause not only is it tricky but has something that makes it just bullshit and its fun because of it.

I didn't say change the complexity of the design, just don't make switching the water levels such a pain.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

disolitude said:
RCTjunkie said:

OoT in 3D

Dolphin Wii emulator on PC can play the gamecube version of the game 3D if you want :)

Let me rephrse it:

OoT in 3D without having to alter my computer or gaming machines. ;)

RCTjunkie said:
disolitude said:
RCTjunkie said:

OoT in 3D

Let me rephrse it:

And the 3DS won't require buying an expensive 3D ready monitor.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
RCTjunkie said:
disolitude said:
RCTjunkie said:

OoT in 3D

Let me rephrse it:

And the 3DS won't require buying an expensive 3D ready monitor.

Its also 3.5 inches in size and has a 3D viewing angle of 15 degrees... But I guess it will be the best 3D solution for quick and simple gaming out there for a long time