By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What I want from the Ocarina of Time remake.

I don't expect this to actually change anything, but these are just things I would like in the game.

Must Haves:

• Skipping the cut scenes. This is one thing that makes me like playing Twilight Princess over Ocarina now. I don't have to sit through those scenes, just pressing the A button, and can just get to the gameplay.
  • Don't just switch the boot changing system in the water temple. Make the water level switches easier. The boots can at least be switched at any time. They don't require going to one of three hard to reach spots to switch them.
  • Make first person aiming possible with the touch screen. That would make using arrows a lot easier.

Not Essential, But Would Be Nice:

• Making Zelda's dress not all baggy in the bodice. I understand that was a tech limitation last time. I hope it's more like her Twilight Princess dress now.
  • Perhaps a side story mode where you play as Shiek.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

so you want the water temple dumbed down?

as for me i hope they add stuff, like make the light medallion an actual dungeon.  a good dungeon to add would be make one in the sky liek twilight princess.  with the twilight princess having a sky island and this new game supposingly the link was born in teh sky island be nice to had one in this game. 

if you make the ocarina have to blow in teh mike, it better work good.  had a bitch of a time on some of the songs in spririt tracks.

irstupid said:

so you want the water temple dumbed down?

as for me i hope they add stuff, like make the light medallion an actual dungeon.  a good dungeon to add would be make one in the sky liek twilight princess.  with the twilight princess having a sky island and this new game supposingly the link was born in teh sky island be nice to had one in this game. 

if you make the ocarina have to blow in teh mike, it better work good.  had a bitch of a time on some of the songs in spririt tracks.

Only if you consider removing needless frustations to be dumbing down. It's not. It's called removing needless frustations.

Seriously, how could you read that as me wanting it dumbed down?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

They already confirmed the boots will be easier to switch on and off in an interview.

As for raising/lowering the water level, they should just make it a switch rather than a song.

ph4nt said:

They already confirmed the boots will be easier to switch on and off in an interview.

As for raising/lowering the water level, they should just make it a switch rather than a song.

I know about the boots. I wrote it should be more than that.

Around the Network

The thing about the switches is that it sets the flow of the temple. Getting to the switches is part of the achievement, like getting to the items.

Now i'll grant that the temple had a very convoluted design, but making the switches more accessible doesn't necessarily have to be a part of that.

I would like all the dungeons to be redesigned, myself. Same theme, same boss, but totally different layouts.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

The thing about the switches is that it sets the flow of the temple. Getting to the switches is part of the achievement, like getting to the items.

Now i'll grant that the temple had a very convoluted design, but making the switches more accessible doesn't necessarily have to be a part of that.

I would like all the dungeons to be redesigned, myself. Same theme, same boss, but totally different layouts.

Did I state not to have the switches at all? Of course there would be switches that set the flow. The point is that if you need to get somewhere, having to do the achievement every time is not a good thing. Have something like you have to find the switch, but then you can access it remotely when you need it, and do that with the other switches.

I just want a option to switch off "hey, listen" ... >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I want the medallions to be usable like they were originally planned. And if it's a real remake and not just a port with upgraded graphics, I want them to add the dungeons back in that were originally cut.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I wanna use the 3D slider to make the Cucco Lady's boobs bigger.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3