By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Console Gamers Get Killed against PC Gamers"

keyboard and mouse is better than dual analog for FPS/TPS games...this is surprising?...a game pad is better for fighters/racers/platformers.....news?

Around the Network
TX109 said:

keyboard and mouse is better than dual analog for FPS/TPS games...this is surprising?...a game pad is better for fighters/racers/platformers.....news?

A gamepad isn't better for fighters or platformers though. It depends on how the keyboard mouse implementation.

vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

Are you really so naive to think that CoD4 has no elite servers?  God, I don't play Quake Live because I was never ever a fan of the style that is quake/unreal tournament.  CS:S on the other hand I do play on rare occasion but not so much because it is just simply too old and the hit boxes are god awful.  I like new and modern experiences.

And I've been stressing this whole time, its the CONSOLE that I am truly and seriously talented at as it has my preferred input device.  About the only regular gaming I do on PC anymore is WoW and browser games.

So you avoid the games that take skill, play the ones that are all noobed up and made as noob friendly as possible, and then try to call yourself good and "talented?" That has to be the most hilarious claim I have ever heard coming from anyone.

I mean fuck yeah I'm pro at games cause I rock Pong like it's no one's business. Also, also, I can clear Super Mario, very pro there indeed.

Anywho, grab your pro skills and controller, and let's play a real skill testing game. Stop talking out of your ass and put the money wehre your mouth is.

Learn to comprehend what you read and maybe I'll consider dropping myself to your immature level.

In fact I'm sure shio must be very dissappointed in you calling CoD4 such a noob game considering it sold 10 million units on PC!!!!!!

nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

Are you really so naive to think that CoD4 has no elite servers?  God, I don't play Quake Live because I was never ever a fan of the style that is quake/unreal tournament.  CS:S on the other hand I do play on rare occasion but not so much because it is just simply too old and the hit boxes are god awful.  I like new and modern experiences.

And I've been stressing this whole time, its the CONSOLE that I am truly and seriously talented at as it has my preferred input device.  About the only regular gaming I do on PC anymore is WoW and browser games.

So you avoid the games that take skill, play the ones that are all noobed up and made as noob friendly as possible, and then try to call yourself good and "talented?" That has to be the most hilarious claim I have ever heard coming from anyone.

I mean fuck yeah I'm pro at games cause I rock Pong like it's no one's business. Also, also, I can clear Super Mario, very pro there indeed.

Anywho, grab your pro skills and controller, and let's play a real skill testing game. Stop talking out of your ass and put the money wehre your mouth is.

Learn to comprehend what you read and maybe I'll consider dropping myself to your immature level.

In fact I'm sure shio must be very dissappointed in you calling CoD4 such a noob game considering it sold 10 million units on PC!!!!!!

Wii Sports has sold 5 times that. Does that make it less of a noob game?

Also, given the fact that you dodge the challenge so masterfully, can we agree that you are just talking out of your ass and are not in fact "talented" at all and put this issue to rest?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Lol.

This is an incredibly unreliable piece of investigating to come to big conclusions from.

In my opinion, skilled console players can hang with skilled PC players - but there is a smaller % of 'skilled' players on consoles than on PC.

From my own research from Killzone 2, although some of the top players like killionaire used mouse and keyboard, other dualshock players could hang with them without problem.

The most important thing is the player, not the input device.

Around the Network
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

Wii Sports has sold 5 times that. Does that make it less of a noob game?

Also, given the fact that you dodge the challenge so masterfully, can we agree that you are just talking out of your ass and are not in fact "talented" at all and put this issue to rest?

I am not dodging any challenge at all.  I simply refuse to be bothered by someone who can't read close enough to understand very elementary things.

Those types of people aren't worth my time.  So if you really wish to have this silly little challenge I suggest you raise your maturity level here on these forums, and fast.

nightsurge said:

I am not dodging any challenge at all.  I simply refuse to be bothered by someone who can't read close enough to understand very elementary things.

Those types of people aren't worth my time.  So if you really wish to have this silly little challenge I suggest you raise your maturity level here on these forums, and fast.

I am sorry, I'm not the one that goes around saying that I'm talented and a good player and then use my very own claim trying to disprove an article. You can either a) back up your claim or b) admit you are talking out of your ass. If anything you are using the most hilarious arguments I have seen, and you should raise your quality of arguments on these forums, and fast.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

PC control scheme is superior, nothing new here.

I LOVE ICELAND!

shio said:
TX109 said:

A gamepad isn't better for fighters or platformers though. It depends on how the keyboard mouse implementation.

yes well i find platformers on gamepads much less aggravating(as in easier to control) than on a computer. im not into to fighters that much (those games are for my older brother) but from my experience, the game pad is much easier to use than a keyboard.

Controller over KB? uhauhahauhu

Let's Play Counter-Striker 1.6 and I will destroy you.

ps.: CS:S sucks, 1.6 is a better game overall.