By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Console Gamers Get Killed against PC Gamers"

nightsurge said:
youarebadatgames said:
nightsurge said:

I also call bullshit.  I consider myself one of the best console gamers around when it comes to shooters.  I use the 360 controller to play CoD4 on PC and I still dominate the team leaderboards every game usually in the top or second spot.  I guarantee I wasn't just playing against "mediocre" PC gamers either.

So yeah.  Bullshit.

Put the best console gamers against just average PC gamers and the average PC gamer will get dominated every time.  The only difference in skill is with the input device.  Give the best PC gamers a controller to play with and they will get absolutely obliterated by console gamers.  Give the best console gamers some time to adjust to mouse and keyboard and they will be equal to the best PC gamers.

No, you were just playing a mediocre game.  Try that again in any tier 3 duel or clan arena server in quakelive and see what happens.  I'm sure the demo will give us all a laugh.

Those aren't "mediocre" gamers.  Those are elitist play all day every day PC gamers that you are describing.  I am an incredibly talented gamer yet I only have maybe 5 hours a week to spend actually gaming anymore.  Some weeks I can find some more time, some less.

Anyways, like I said, in an FPS as popular as CoD4 I was still dominating using the supposedly inferior interface.  I play with keyboard and mouse on occassion as well and when I do, I tend to play even better after a few hours of getting used to it, but I just prefer the controller with dual analog.  I play with maxed out sensitivity AND extenders on my 360 controller to get the absolute most turn and aim speed I can and I still have almost perfect accuracy.

statements like those really crack me up! how can you be so full of arrogance? i can't even take you seriously after statements like that.

Around the Network
tube82 said:
nightsurge said:
youarebadatgames said:
nightsurge said:

I also call bullshit.  I consider myself one of the best console gamers around when it comes to shooters.  I use the 360 controller to play CoD4 on PC and I still dominate the team leaderboards every game usually in the top or second spot.  I guarantee I wasn't just playing against "mediocre" PC gamers either.

So yeah.  Bullshit.

Put the best console gamers against just average PC gamers and the average PC gamer will get dominated every time.  The only difference in skill is with the input device.  Give the best PC gamers a controller to play with and they will get absolutely obliterated by console gamers.  Give the best console gamers some time to adjust to mouse and keyboard and they will be equal to the best PC gamers.

No, you were just playing a mediocre game.  Try that again in any tier 3 duel or clan arena server in quakelive and see what happens.  I'm sure the demo will give us all a laugh.

Those aren't "mediocre" gamers.  Those are elitist play all day every day PC gamers that you are describing.  I am an incredibly talented gamer yet I only have maybe 5 hours a week to spend actually gaming anymore.  Some weeks I can find some more time, some less.

Anyways, like I said, in an FPS as popular as CoD4 I was still dominating using the supposedly inferior interface.  I play with keyboard and mouse on occassion as well and when I do, I tend to play even better after a few hours of getting used to it, but I just prefer the controller with dual analog.  I play with maxed out sensitivity AND extenders on my 360 controller to get the absolute most turn and aim speed I can and I still have almost perfect accuracy.

statements like those really crack me up! how can you be so full of arrogance? i can't even take you seriously after statements like that.

Lol.  You crack me up.  A post with no substance and no argument at all.

OT:  I've also played CS:Source with an xbox 360 controller and do amazingly well.  All I'm really trying to say is the whole "BEST OF XBOX" vs "MEDIOCRE OF PC" thing is bullshit.  Best of Xbox would dominate as I do on a regular basis.

nightsurge said:

OT:  I've also played CS:Source with an xbox 360 controller and do amazingly well.  All I'm really trying to say is the whole "BEST OF XBOX" vs "MEDIOCRE OF PC" thing is bullshit.  Best of Xbox would dominate as I do on a regular basis.

I would be willing to test this theory of yours. I haven't played an FPS in about a year and a half so I would be back to mediocre. Grab your 360 pad and let's meet up in a game that supports them, and see how well your "talents" hold up.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

nightsurge said:
youarebadatgames said:
nightsurge said:

So yeah.  Bullshit.

If you are so seriously talented, then why aren't you paying Quake Live or CS:S, instead of the casual shooter that is COD, to prove yourself against the elite?

COD is so filled with casuals/newbs that however much you claim you won with a controller on COD4, you'd still have only beat PC's lowest common denominator (that is, if you are even telling the truth).

vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

I would be willing to test this theory of yours. I haven't played an FPS in about a year and a half so I would be back to mediocre. Grab your 360 pad and let's meet up in a game that supports them, and see how well your "talents" hold up.

I would like to see it too. A game over CS:S would be perfect.

Around the Network
shio said:
nightsurge said:
youarebadatgames said:
nightsurge said:

So yeah.  Bullshit.

If you are so seriously talented, then why aren't you paying Quake Live or CS:S, instead of the casual shooter that is COD, to prove yourself against the elite?

COD is so filled with casuals/newbs that however much you claim you won with a controller on COD4, you'd still have only beat PC's lowest common denominator (that is, if you are even telling the truth).

Are you really so naive to think that CoD4 has no elite servers?  God, I don't play Quake Live because I was never ever a fan of the style that is quake/unreal tournament.  CS:S on the other hand I do play on rare occasion but not so much because it is just simply too old and the hit boxes are god awful.  I like new and modern experiences.

And I've been stressing this whole time, its the CONSOLE that I am truly and seriously talented at as it has my preferred input device.  About the only regular gaming I do on PC anymore is WoW and browser games.

shio said:
vlad321 said:
nightsurge said:

I would like to see it too. A game over CS:S would be perfect.

Should run Fraps for it too then we can post the results.

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

DirtyP2002 said:

Anyone notices that the ijput devices have their pros and cons for certain genres?

mouse / kb:

• FPS
  • RTS

controller:

• Fighting
  • Racing
  • Sports

The stupidity to say one is a "better" player than the other one is a new low. Especially when your source is a random blog post.

Racing is the only genre where the controller is better than the Keyboard Mouse.

The thing about Fighting and Sports games is that, since both genres aren't popular on PC, the developers don't try to make full use of PC's Keyboard Mouse.

In Fighting games, the keyboard is much better than the controller for basic attacks/movements. The layed out design of the keys allow for a faster input than the usual controllers.
The problem is the special attacks, where you'd need to rotate the movement keys to perform those attacks. This is why the specific controllers for fighting games have the attack keys layed out, but have a stick for the movement and special attacks.

In Sports games, they simply refuse to develop a new method of control with a mouse because sports games aren't popular on PC. The Wii has a FiFA or PES game where you use the wiimote in the way you use a mouse to play the game, which they still haven't brought to PC.

nightsurge said:

Are you really so naive to think that CoD4 has no elite servers?  God, I don't play Quake Live because I was never ever a fan of the style that is quake/unreal tournament.  CS:S on the other hand I do play on rare occasion but not so much because it is just simply too old and the hit boxes are god awful.  I like new and modern experiences.

And I've been stressing this whole time, its the CONSOLE that I am truly and seriously talented at as it has my preferred input device.  About the only regular gaming I do on PC anymore is WoW and browser games.

So you avoid the games that take skill, play the ones that are all noobed up and made as noob friendly as possible, and then try to call yourself good and "talented?" That has to be the most hilarious claim I have ever heard coming from anyone.

I mean fuck yeah I'm pro at games cause I rock Pong like it's no one's business. Also, also, I can clear Super Mario, very pro there indeed.

Anywho, grab your pro skills and controller, and let's play a real skill testing game. Stop talking out of your ass and put the money wehre your mouth is.

disolitude said:

Ill take on any you PC freaks and your keyboard and mouse with my sega saturn pad.

The catch - we have to be playing Street fighter 2 or Mortal kombat 2. :)

I'll take you on!  Just get that FBA up and running and we'll do this with  25ms lag.