By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Console Gamers Get Killed against PC Gamers"

Well that's no surprise.  It's not even about games or skills.

If we're talking an online shooter with no auto-aim then it's all about which tech allows you to most quickly select a pixel and press a button.

M&K is demonstrably faster so unless you adjust the settings or use some form of auto-aim for the pad then K&M as input will defeat pad as input for such titles given equally skilled hands.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Accuracy... Is what I LIKE in a game.

leatherhat said:

Console gamers not good at online games? How shocking!

It's the controller. There is a totally different skillset. Might as well say PC gamers aren't good at Tekken.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

shio said:

The best parts are bolded.

No, they aren't. The rest of the post, about the need for reaching across the boundaries separating gamers, was the best part. It was thoughtful and thought-provoking, rather than being more fuel for a fire that no one should bother stoking.

I have to echo noname's question: was that a separate blog post, or no?

leatherhat said:
nightsurge said:

I also call bullshit.  I consider myself one of the best console gamers around when it comes to shooters.  I use the 360 controller to play CoD4 on PC and I still dominate the team leaderboards every game usually in the top or second spot.  I guarantee I wasn't just playing against "mediocre" PC gamers either.

So yeah.  Bullshit.

Put the best console gamers against just average PC gamers and the average PC gamer will get dominated every time.  The only difference in skill is with the input device.  Give the best PC gamers a controller to play with and they will get absolutely obliterated by console gamers.  Give the best console gamers some time to adjust to mouse and keyboard and they will be equal to the best PC gamers.

But thats what MS did, and the console gamers got stomped.

No, that's what a RUMOR claims MS did.

Around the Network
youarebadatgames said:
nightsurge said:

I also call bullshit.  I consider myself one of the best console gamers around when it comes to shooters.  I use the 360 controller to play CoD4 on PC and I still dominate the team leaderboards every game usually in the top or second spot.  I guarantee I wasn't just playing against "mediocre" PC gamers either.

So yeah.  Bullshit.

Put the best console gamers against just average PC gamers and the average PC gamer will get dominated every time.  The only difference in skill is with the input device.  Give the best PC gamers a controller to play with and they will get absolutely obliterated by console gamers.  Give the best console gamers some time to adjust to mouse and keyboard and they will be equal to the best PC gamers.

No, you were just playing a mediocre game.  Try that again in any tier 3 duel or clan arena server in quakelive and see what happens.  I'm sure the demo will give us all a laugh.

Those aren't "mediocre" gamers.  Those are elitist play all day every day PC gamers that you are describing.  I am an incredibly talented gamer yet I only have maybe 5 hours a week to spend actually gaming anymore.  Some weeks I can find some more time, some less.

Anyways, like I said, in an FPS as popular as CoD4 I was still dominating using the supposedly inferior interface.  I play with keyboard and mouse on occassion as well and when I do, I tend to play even better after a few hours of getting used to it, but I just prefer the controller with dual analog.  I play with maxed out sensitivity AND extenders on my 360 controller to get the absolute most turn and aim speed I can and I still have almost perfect accuracy.

DirtyP2002 has it right each input device has it's advantages depending on genres.

I would NEVER want to play Starcraft with a controller, it would be an absolute nightmare. In the same way, I wouldn't want to play Street Fighter IV with a keyboard.

Signature goes here!

In other SHCOKING news, the sky is blue and the sun provides light!

If it's not a  platformer, the PC is far better at controlling it. Both get stomped when it comes to driving games when you get a wheel, though before that the controller is better. Both also get stomped by someone who is using those arcade sticks for fighting games, but before that the controller is also better.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

I'm a PC gamer and I can admit I utterly suck at whatever game is best played with a console style gamepad. And don't make me play a racer with it, If I can't have a proper wheel, I prefer a joystick to a gamepad anyway.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

nightsurge said:
youarebadatgames said:
nightsurge said:

So yeah.  Bullshit.

No, you were just playing a mediocre game.  Try that again in any tier 3 duel or clan arena server in quakelive and see what happens.  I'm sure the demo will give us all a laugh.

Those aren't "mediocre" gamers.  Those are elitist play all day every day PC gamers that you are describing.  I am an incredibly talented gamer yet I only have maybe 5 hours a week to spend actually gaming anymore.  Some weeks I can find some more time, some less.

Anyways, like I said, in an FPS as popular as CoD4 I was still dominating using the supposedly inferior interface.  I play with keyboard and mouse on occassion as well and when I do, I tend to play even better after a few hours of getting used to it, but I just prefer the controller with dual analog.  I play with maxed out sensitivity AND extenders on my 360 controller to get the absolute most turn and aim speed I can and I still have almost perfect accuracy.

For PC games, the two pillars of competitive FPSs has always been Quake and CS.  Given the average skill of that playerbase, I have a hard time believing that a console player can do consistently well in those games.  If you are trying to make the point that the top console gamers can run with PC players, they need to prove it in the games that the top PC players play.

I did have a clan member a long time ago who played UT2k4 with an xbox controller.  He was decent, but there was a definite skill ceiling that he couldn't break through until he switched to K/M, especially in a hitscan heavy game like UT2k4.

The top console players might be able to pick up and learn KB/M, but it takes a long time and a lot of work to catch up to the top PC players/teams that have a competitive legacy of 10 years.

"Timing power ups has been around since Halo 1" -Tsquared (Halo player) <----- lolworthy