By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Console Gamers Get Killed against PC Gamers"

Yeah, but the controls with Kinect will surely be more accurate than a keyboard and mouse, right?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Ill take on any you PC freaks and your keyboard and mouse with my sega saturn pad.

The catch - we have to be playing Street fighter 2 or Mortal kombat 2. :)

USB keyboards don't really have the stupid lock out issues that older keyboards have so it's actually pretty good for fighting games lol. I personally go Arcade Stick>KBO>Game Pad here.

PS: no shit? mouse and keyboard are better controls for shooters or RTS? WOWOWOWOWOW!!!

nightsurge said:

I also call bullshit.  I consider myself one of the best console gamers around when it comes to shooters.  I use the 360 controller to play CoD4 on PC and I still dominate the team leaderboards every game usually in the top or second spot.  I guarantee I wasn't just playing against "mediocre" PC gamers either.

So yeah.  Bullshit.

Put the best console gamers against just average PC gamers and the average PC gamer will get dominated every time.  The only difference in skill is with the input device.  Give the best PC gamers a controller to play with and they will get absolutely obliterated by console gamers.  Give the best console gamers some time to adjust to mouse and keyboard and they will be equal to the best PC gamers.

try that with Valve games or Quake Live, lets see how you do with dual analog on PC then =P.

shio said:
TX109 said:

keyboard and mouse is better than dual analog for FPS/TPS games...this is surprising?...a game pad is better for fighters/racers/platformers.....news?

A gamepad isn't better for fighters or platformers though. It depends on how the keyboard mouse implementation.

Looking at existing fighters Tekken is the only one I could see playing on a keyboard because moves don't require circular motion but even then I prefer pressing controller buttons than keyboard keys (especially from moves that require pressing two or more buttons at once)

Signature goes here!