By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect pricing looks better with Game bundled.

selnor said:
kitler53 said:

i love the logic!  the wii comes bundled with wii sports and wii sports resort so really the wii only costs $100  and that makes kinect at $89 is still almost as expensive as a $100 wii console.

edit: zen is right, kinect games are priced at $50 so kinect is actually $99.

Essentially, Move is costing £189 for 2 players with 1 game in UK. 2 player Kinect with 1 game is £129.99.

How'd you work that one out? I calculated it to be around £125 in the UK for an existing PS3 owner to buy Move for 2 players with a game.

Move bundle = £49.99 (comes with demo disc, Eye and Move controller; no games)

Extra 'Move' controller = £34.99

Move game = Approx £39.99

at Amazon.co.uk pricing.

Like I said in my previous post, I still think they're too expensive but you've also got to factor in that some Move games are already out and will be patched when Move is released (so some won't buy an extra game initially), or that some already have a Playstation Eye (and will only buy a controller or 2), so the entry price for Move really is lower for existing PS3 owners than Kinect for existing 360 owners (in the UK at least).

Around the Network

Well I don't think the price will hurt them at first because it is realeasing around the Christmas Holiday. Afterwards however they may want to lower the price unless Kinect can build that word of mouth demand from people trying it at a friends house.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

kitler53 said:
selnor said:
kitler53 said:

i love the logic!  the wii comes bundled with wii sports and wii sports resort so really the wii only costs $100  and that makes kinect at $89 is still almost as expensive as a $100 wii console.

edit: zen is right, kinect games are priced at $50 so kinect is actually $99.

LOL. You can buy Wii Sports for £39.99?????

Last I checked preowned it was £1.25 in CEX. And could no be found brand new unless with the console. Hence it's depreciative value.

Either way $99 is a great price. 

US guys are getting some demo stuff with Move. But here in EU we are getting no PS3 Move bundle as of yet, and no game with Move starter pack.

Essentially, Move is costing £189 for 2 players with 1 game in UK. 2 player Kinect with 1 game is £129.99.

So M$ are priced amazingly well even if they are taking UK for an extra ride.

It's poor though that in UK if you dont own a PS3, to get Move and PS3 over 360 Kinect this is how they tally.

PS3 Slim ( cheapest model ) Move Starter pack extra accessories for 2 players for the family your first game = £424.94.

360 Kinect bundle ( which includes full retail Kinect Adventures ) = £249.99

Even buying a 250gbhdd 360s buying Kinect seperate ( which includes a free Kinect Adventures and is fully ready for multiple players ) is £329.98.

M$ are in a great pricing position.

so wii sport's value is depreciated due to being bundled with every wii but kinect adventures still retains all value despite being bundled with every kinect?  double standard much? 

either way kinect costs $150 not $99. 

..and when you quote the price of move and always add in a second controller and two navs you are using the same logic sony fanboys used when they tried to argue that the 360 arcade was more expensive than the ps3 because you had  to buy all sorts of extra things.  the logic is simply flawed because you don't have to. 

but by all means, spin away on how kinects expensive price isn't actually expensive.

Motion controllers sell to families. Thats the catch point. Families and friends all play together on Wii. Thats it's stronger most fun point. Social same screen gaming.

You cannot use that logic to simplify Move's extras as you call it. The mainstream mum, grans and dads all laugh together playing motion games. 

For a PS3 Move to succeed it needs to find a low point of entry for family gaming. Otherwise it will end up with sales of 32x. It will be just the addon that happened. 

And the difference is M$ can change the Kinect bundled game at anytime. Because it's a standalone game. Wiisports isn't.

RolStoppable said:

selnor, excuse me if I am not familiar with the way of life in the UK, but is it normal that people start drinking in the early afternoon on a Wednesday?

I dont know. I suggest you stop though where you live, because t be honest your rather scary drunk. 

Kinect with game > Kinect without game

Anyone surprised really?

Edit:  I still do not think that EITHER Sony's nor MS's motion controllers will take off as they want them too.  Both companies are banking on their different devices to sell consoles (accessories this late in the gen to sell consoles?).

Will they both be successful?  Yes

Will they both end up profitable ventures for each company? Yes

Will they meet each companies expectations? No

Will they make each company profit (most important part here) ? Yes

Will they sell millions of consoles? No

I guess we will see once each unit is released with their bundles.  Nintendo did it the smart way.  Make your "accessory" a vital part of the console, not an afterthought broughtout halfway through the gen.

Around the Network

Kinect Adventures is 35$ here in Canada (as well as Joy Ride, Kinectimals and Kinect Sports).

selnor said:

Motion controllers sell to families. Thats the catch point. Families and friends all play together on Wii. Thats it's stronger most fun point. Social same screen gaming.

You cannot use that logic to simplify Move's extras as you call it. The mainstream mum, grans and dads all laugh together playing motion games. 

For a PS3 Move to succeed it needs to find a low point of entry for family gaming. Otherwise it will end up with sales of 32x. It will be just the addon that happened. 

And the difference is M$ can change the Kinect bundled game at anytime. Because it's a standalone game. Wiisports isn't.

oh riiight, i forgot that motion gaming only sells to families.  okay, well since most families are larger than 2 people than the true price of kinect is...

2xkinect bundles at $150 2x360 consoles at $150 = $600 and 4 player family happiness!! god forbid your family is bigger than 4 people.

tell you what though, i'm buying the move bundle at $100 and when i get it i'll have 3 games; sports champions, little big planet, and heavy rain.  i guess i'm just the exception that proves your stupid rule though right?

I just want kinnect it's self. I'm more interested in the tech,then the games. If that makes any sense. lol

Unfortunately as the game is bundled with it it has a value of 0 as anyone that buys kinect will have the game, so there is no trade in value or resale value to be associated with it, therefore its worthless as there is no one to sell it on to.

Unless there is away to get kinect without it.

kitler53 said:
selnor said:

oh riiight, i forgot that motion gaming only sells to families.  okay, well since most families are larger than 2 people than the true price of kinect is...

2xkinect bundles at $150 2x360 consoles at $150 = $600 and 4 player family happiness!! god forbid your family is bigger than 4 people.

tell you what though, i'm buying the move bundle at $100 and when i get it i'll have 3 games; sports champions, little big planet, and heavy rain.  i guess i'm just the exception that proves your stupid rule though right?

Noone has said that Kinect is only 2 players. 

We havent had confirmation from M$ on this at all. All we know is the games at E3 were 2 players, and Dance Central was upto 3 players ( and the adverts for DC confirm 3 players ).

And yes Hardcore motion controller gamers are in the minority. Look at the sales of Conduit, or Red Steel, or any mature/hard to grasp game on Wii. The sales are dismal in comparison to core games on PS3 let alone 360. 

Even the Mario/Mario Kart franchise has been streamlined and dumbed down compared to the challenge you used to get in my good old Ninty days. 

If it was the hardcore market really buying the wii, they would have been buying the Gamecube last gen. As for hardcore games the Gamecube was both more challenging and better for the core gamer.