By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect pricing looks better with Game bundled.

I think the US has got the better deal here. $149.99 with a launch title worth $59.99. Essentially saving $60. Your getting Kinect for $89.99.

If you were to buy Kinect Adventures your looking at $59.99. This makes Kinect on it's own a good purchase as you have something free to play on it, that you would need to buy a game anyway.

As for the UK. Yes it does hurt that our games stores are being this bad in hiking the price up. £129.99. Ok so our games are £39.99. So we are really getting Kinect for £89.99.

Also UK is getting screwed for the Bundle price to. US M$ has the bundle same price as the 250gbhdd 360s.

In the uk Kinect bundle is £249.99 and the 250 gbHDD 360s is £199. WTF? We are being charged an extra £50 more than US customers for Kinect bundle.

It's still an awesome price against Wii and PS3. 

But cheaper or not. UK is getting screwed when there is no need.

Around the Network

It definitely helps, but only if you're interested in the game. Granted with respect to children and the audience their trying to appeal to this game fits the bill. I don't know I would say it is competitive with the Wii though, if I were a casual gamer I would still go with the Wii.

Also I'm pretty sure that Kinect games will retail for $49.99 not $59.99, but that doesn't really matter.

i think the launch Kenict games should be downloadable titles.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I think bundled games rarely have a dollar-for-dollar value associated with them (ie Adventures is worth 49.99, so Kinect is 100.00 as you stated); that being said, the bundled game does increase the overall value proposition of the 149.99 investment.

I'm stuck in the middle here; I think they would have got more unit sales at $99, but would not have been able to include a game.  So now my total investment is still $150, I just don't get to select which game...

Regardless, yes, based upon price comparisons I've seen, UK is getting screwed, hopefully it doesn't take MS too long to rectify that situation.

i love the logic!  the wii comes bundled with wii sports and wii sports resort so really the wii only costs $100  and that makes kinect at $89 is still almost as expensive as a $100 wii console.

edit: zen is right, kinect games are priced at $50 so kinect is actually $99.

Around the Network

I still see it as too expensive, especially in the UK. Then again, I see Move as being too expensive as well. The bundle deal at $299.99 should get new 360 customers to jump in though, and I don't see Sony being able to do the same with the Move bundle.

Comming back to the UK, the entry price difference between Move and Kinect for existing owners is ridiculous. Entry price for Move is £49.99 whereas entry price for Kinect is £130?! I know the UK is a strong market for MS but taking into account exchange rates, that just takes the piss. Hopefully it'll be discounted by certain retailers.

I would also rather have a 99$ kinect, and then get to choose my own game. MS should really work on getting price down, unless they do not think production will be able to meet demand.

kitler53 said:

i love the logic!  the wii comes bundled with wii sports and wii sports resort so really the wii only costs $100  and that makes kinect at $89 is still almost as expensive as a $100 wii console.

LOL. You can buy Wii Sports for £39.99?????

Last I checked preowned it was £1.25 in CEX. And could no be found brand new unless with the console. Hence it's depreciative value.

Either way $99 is a great price. 

US guys are getting some demo stuff with Move. But here in EU we are getting no PS3 Move bundle as of yet, and no game with Move starter pack.

Essentially, Move is costing £189 for 2 players with 1 game in UK. 2 player Kinect with 1 game is £129.99.

So M$ are priced amazingly well even if they are taking UK for an extra ride.

It's poor though that in UK if you dont own a PS3, to get Move and PS3 over 360 Kinect this is how they tally.

PS3 Slim ( cheapest model ) Move Starter pack extra accessories for 2 players for the family your first game = £424.94.

360 Kinect bundle ( which includes full retail Kinect Adventures ) = £249.99

Even buying a 250gbhdd 360s buying Kinect seperate ( which includes a free Kinect Adventures and is fully ready for multiple players ) is £329.98.

M$ are in a great pricing position.

well, kinect is too expensive, as move is

but, both Sony and MS want to get money back "day1" ...
Indeed, I do think MS will drop the price if the success is not here.

whatever, even if kinect is expensive, I m pretty sure that with some marketing ... it will function.
it may not take the world by storm but it will bring new customers as a "system seller".

Move, on the others hand, is clearly less "new" that is why Sony will so much rely on the combo :

move  GT 3D =>>>>>>>>>>>>>> it only does everything 

Time to Work !

selnor said:
kitler53 said:

LOL. You can buy Wii Sports for £39.99?????

Last I checked preowned it was £1.25 in CEX. And could no be found brand new unless with the console. Hence it's depreciative value.

Either way $99 is a great price. 

US guys are getting some demo stuff with Move. But here in EU we are getting no PS3 Move bundle as of yet, and no game with Move starter pack.

Essentially, Move is costing £189 for 2 players with 1 game in UK. 2 player Kinect with 1 game is £129.99.

So M$ are priced amazingly well even if they are taking UK for an extra ride.

It's poor though that in UK if you dont own a PS3, to get Move and PS3 over 360 Kinect this is how they tally.

PS3 Slim ( cheapest model ) Move Starter pack extra accessories for 2 players for the family your first game = £424.94.

360 Kinect bundle ( which includes full retail Kinect Adventures ) = £249.99

Even buying a 250gbhdd 360s buying Kinect seperate ( which includes a free Kinect Adventures and is fully ready for multiple players ) is £329.98.

M$ are in a great pricing position.

so wii sport's value is depreciated due to being bundled with every wii but kinect adventures still retains all value despite being bundled with every kinect?  double standard much? 

either way kinect costs $150 not $99. 

..and when you quote the price of move and always add in a second controller and two navs you are using the same logic sony fanboys used when they tried to argue that the 360 arcade was more expensive than the ps3 because you had  to buy all sorts of extra things.  the logic is simply flawed because you don't have to. 

but by all means, spin away on how kinects expensive price isn't actually expensive.