By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Arcade xbox 360 announced + Kinect Xbox 360 Bundle + Kinect Price

the 299 bundle looks good, but its only 4 gig hdd, how much will the new hdd be?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Pictures of new bundles

personally I'm buying Kinect day one.  Going to get my pre-order today.

kowenicki said:
Seece said:

$299 for a bundle - too expensive.

Edit - £129 is actually a disgusting price for the UK, I won't likely be picking one up now, until it's below £100

I agree its a fucking disgrace... how does it get to this price when the 360S is £199.99 v $299.99

although seemingly high, u have to take in consideration the technology u will be getting, the only reason price is what it is now because of how much it may cost to make.

i predict its a high tech costly system to make, i may actually get one

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

kowenicki said:
Seece said:

Edit - £129 is actually a disgusting price for the UK, I won't likely be picking one up now, until it's below £100

I agree its a fucking disgrace... how does it get to this price when the 360S is £199.99 v $299.99

a disgrace?  Over react much? No offense but why do gamers always feel so entitled to "free" and "cheap" things.  This has been a problem thats long plagued the industry.  The fact is that Kinect is in no way cheap to manufacture, with the multiple cameras, infa red technology, voice recognition and such no one here should be surprised by the price at all really and I think its very reasonable.  

kowenicki said:
Seece said:

£250 isn't a cheap enough Kinect bundle either. It is competitive with the PS3 Move though.

At the vesy least, we got a £10 price cut on the Arcade.

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:

a disgrace?  Over react much? No offense but why do gamers always feel so entitled to "free" and "cheap" things.  This has been a problem thats long plagued the industry.  The fact is that Kinect is in no way cheap to manufacture, with the multiple cameras, infa red technology, voice recognition and such no one here should be surprised by the price at all really and I think its very reasonable.  

It's not even remotely resonable.

nightsurge said:

I wonder if this means a huge 2011 price cut?

I mean the profit margins on the current Elite 360 (before going to $250 clearance) were already massive.  Now with the redesign selling at the same price it has to be even higher!

It seems likely that MS will ride out their momentum from Kinect and the redesign for the remainder of this year and be ready for a huge price cut to keep momentum going next year!  Imagine a $200 Kinect Arcade bundle next year, $300 Kinect 250GB (maybe 320 or 500GB by then) 360, and $99 Kinect standalone!  Standalone 360 S would be at least $149 and $249 by then if not cheaper as well.

First no price cuts in almost 3 years and then all of a sudden a $100 drop for each bundle? No way. There's no logic in that.

Yes, Kinect is now officially doomed. They needed to gain a big momentum right from the start. Now they destroyed everything. Didn't they learn from Nintendo that an early cheap price pays off in attracting casuals?

kowenicki said:
BenVTrigger said:
kowenicki said:
Seece said:

You misunderstanbd totally!

I DONT think $150 is a rip off... but £130  IS A RIP OFF!

Do the maths:

The 360S costs $299 in the US and £199 in the UK,  by that comparison it should be £99

If the same forumla was used in reverse then kinect would be $200 in the US... does that sound expensive to you?

ah i see your reasoning there, my bad.  Yeah that is a ripoff for sure. People over seas are getting screwed on price.  See I live in the states and was like, dude $150 isn't really that bad at all for what your getting.

kowenicki said:
Seece said:

This is Steam all over again for me, we always get fucked in Europe on account of strong currency.

if the arcade 4 gig is flash drive, can you attach a hdd onto it or is it flash only, plus what are prices for flash drives.

if a 16gig FD is like £19.99 its worth it