By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Arcade xbox 360 announced + Kinect Xbox 360 Bundle + Kinect Price

Damn, I'm really interested in that $299 deal. I wish I could replace that Adventures game with Dance Central.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

so the $150 rumor was true, there were be a few crow eaters on that one.  at least it has a game though.

$299 for a bundle - too expensive.

Edit - £129 is actually a disgusting price for the UK, I won't likely be picking one up now, until it's below £100

Hmmm...I am going to wait and see if they annouce an Elite bundle, and the price, before I decide to jump onboard.  Unless they already have and I am missing something?

I wonder if this means a huge 2011 price cut?

I mean the profit margins on the current Elite 360 (before going to $250 clearance) were already massive.  Now with the redesign selling at the same price it has to be even higher!

It seems likely that MS will ride out their momentum from Kinect and the redesign for the remainder of this year and be ready for a huge price cut to keep momentum going next year!  Imagine a $200 Kinect Arcade bundle next year, $300 Kinect 250GB (maybe 320 or 500GB by then) 360, and $99 Kinect standalone!  Standalone 360 S would be at least $149 and $249 by then if not cheaper as well.

Around the Network
nightsurge said:

I mean the profit margins on the current Elite 360 (before going to $250 clearance) were already massive.  Now with the redesign selling at the same price it has to be even higher!

It seems likely that MS will ride out their momentum from Kinect and the redesign for the remainder of this year and be ready for a huge price cut to keep momentum going next year!  Imagine a $200 Kinect Arcade bundle next year, $300 Kinect 250GB (maybe 320 or 500GB by then) 360, and $99 Kinect standalone!

It needed that THIS christmas to  get off the ground.

Seece said:
nightsurge said:

It seems likely that MS will ride out their momentum from Kinect and the redesign for the remainder of this year and be ready for a huge price cut to keep momentum going next year!  Imagine a $200 Kinect Arcade bundle next year, $300 Kinect 250GB (maybe 320 or 500GB by then) 360, and $99 Kinect standalone!

It needed that THIS christmas to  get off the ground.

I'm not so sure though.  The buzz in my area for Kinect and the 360S, especially among my family and non-gaming friends has been huge.  MS may be able to make it this year without that big price cut and then dominate once again next year with the price cut!

That's way too expensive, Kinect alone will cost what a Wii bundle probably does around the holidays or right after new years. Besides; you can't directly compare the Arcade Kinect bundle to the PS3 Move bundle, that would be the Elite bundle vs the PS3 bundle and I imagine they'll be priced roughly the same given that Move will retail at about 100$ in the bundle.

Like I said, this is too costly and a huge deterrent for me (not that I would buy it anyway) and probably a whole lot of other potential customers. This is not a good pricing strategy to catch the "casuals" and the "hardcore" already lay down so much money on games and peripherals as is.

Well I think by so many people pre-ordering for $150 MS figured it was a good enough price.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

now sony realy needs to or cut the price or release a cheap ps3 2... or else again sony wil lose its momentum