By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Arcade xbox 360 announced + Kinect Xbox 360 Bundle + Kinect Price

Microsoft today announced that its motion-controlled Kinect will retail for $149.99, and will include a copy of Kinect Adventures. Microsoft also revealed release and pricing details for a new 4GB Xbox 360 SKU, as well as a Kinect console bundle. The new 360 goes on sale August 3 for $199.99, but it will also be part of a Kinect bundle that includes a shiny new console, Kinect, and Kinect Adventures all for $299.99. Microsoft didn't specify when the Kinect bundle will be released, but seeing as Kinect doesn't release until November 4, I'd say that would be a good guess.

Also, if you pre-order the Kinect bundle, you'll snag a download token for three exclusive levels for Kinect Adventures. Microsoft also announced that there will be over 15 Kinect titles available at launch. While we still don't know all of the games just yet, Microsoft has confirmed that all Kinect games will cost $49.99. This also means that Microsoft could offer Kinect by itself for $100 for those gamers who are more interested in the technology of Kinect at launch as opposed to the games, but, sadly, it doesn't look like that's going to happen. The price isn't a big surprise, but do you think you'll drop $150 for Kinect this holiday? Would you consider picking it up more if it didn't include a game and was $50 cheaper? What do you think of the 4GB HDD? Kind of strange, no? 

Sounds good. If the harddrive wasn't Microsoft specific i would have bought the arcade and upgraded the harddrvie. So xbox 360 kinect bundle is $300 and PS3 move bundle is $400. I definitely think Kinect will defeat move in terms of sales.

Around the Network

MY EYES!

Please fix the code in the op

I LOVE ICELAND!

A 4GB HDD?  WTF?

Well rumors were true then...and it's a bit too pricy imo

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

The Kinect bundle I think is a good deal and only it here was a removeable HD for it, it would be BEAST.

$149 seems alot but remember, you only need 1 for each xbox.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

Well the $300 KINECT arcade bundle is an ok deal I guess.  If my 360 dies i'll probably pick one up but as long as it keeps running I won't bother with KINECT.

Decent price, as expect really

I expect this will translate to about £100 and 150 euros... half the current cost of the 360 I think

Whoops, spoke too soon, £130 for the UK

so a 300 dollar 360 with kinect and a game and the 360 is 4gb!!!! four gega bite, god we are going to have some unsatisfied customer.

kinect games are 50$! thats insane! i wonder how much profit ms are making 199 for a 4gb console, and 50 dollars for a kinect party game.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good