By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Arcade xbox 360 announced + Kinect Xbox 360 Bundle + Kinect Price

Slimebeast said:

lol now not even our two most hardcore fans believe in victory anymore.

It's a time of testing...and pricing...these thigns happen :D but dw they will come around eventually, don't lose faith

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

ROFL, so microsoft's strategy is to release news of the POS 360 for $300 with Kinect, but they don't want to say anything about their main Slim line, cause it will be $399.99 or $429.99, and it's smart cause this way you keep people interested by a BS price point in a way. But you lose credibility and trust from your consumers once they find they have to dish out more money.

MS is stupid and so is Sony. Sony charges $99 for the package, but the Sub-Navigation Controller isn't included? WTF they thinking, they just killed their own sales cause of it. People first will not pay attention to this fact. Second, they will get pissed and not use a controller. Third they will return it and Move will be a huge flop. They also go about pissing off their fans, and they won't get many casual gamers to hop on, just like MS with their shit box the Kinect trash bin. First Kinect, moving is easier with a controller, two, I don't want to pretend I am racing in Forza. Cannot get a pedal, cannot do so much with that garbage. What are they thinking.

Haven't they learned from Nintendo, motion gaming is about being cheap and simple. There packaging and cost make it counteractive to the cause if you ask me. See them ditch motion in two years if this isn't fixed. But Sony has the leg up, they dip their fingers in Wii buyers (moms and so forth). 360's Kinect tries to put its hands in a cookie jar for the first time, as people curious will buy it. That needs to be amazing, cause sales will die off fast after launch without game support. Kinect is looked as a "fad" until they prove otherwise. The PS3 on the otherhand will price drop this fall to $249.99 most likely and you will see a Move bundle for $349.99--Not that bad for the full thing, if only they get a Sub-Navi Controller with it with a 120, or 160 GB HDD. That price isn't bad at all, this would be the optimal strategy for Sony, IMO. Kinect prices the Slim Arcade at a high price, trying to make you think that you're getting the Kinect machine for $100, but what they won't tell you is that they originally priced the 360S-A at $149.99 and up'd the price to make more capita. It would make sense to see the main bundle for $399.99 at most, but don't be shocked if it goes for $429.99 or even $449.99!

Early adopters beware of HD motion gaming! Fads or future--You decide!

Slimebeast said:

lol now not even our two most hardcore fans believe in victory for kinect in the UK anymore.

Fixed!

kowenicki said:
Slimebeast said:

i am ALWAYS objective.

objectivity is often lacking in the other forums..

Indeed, we should pride ourselves on that, if PS3 released Move for $500 certain people would still try and justifiy it.

360 vs Wii this Holidays... Will be Fun at Europe and US to see who wins! Japan Wii ofc but TGS is coming who knows what M$ has planned! Way too High the prices!

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Victory? Show me a guy who thinks anyone can beat the Wii and I'll show you a guy in dire need of medicine.

Wow, this is not good news.

How do they expect it to sell to casuals at this price?

If it does not sell to casuals then how does it expect to get enough sales?

If it does not get enough sales then why will 3rd developers continue to support it?

If 3rd party support dies then 1st party devs are all thats left ... is it enough?

Who knows, maybe their just posturing for next-gen, hoping that it will cost a lot less to manufacture down the line.  

very good news for sony fans as this means the price will be the same as last year between the two consoles but as a sony fan i dont think were out of the water yet there could still be a chance of this console and the 250 going down to 150 and 250 later in the year sep-nov

if it doesnt than sony should get aggressive and drop down to 280 or even 250 to make up what it has lost in june july aug and sep 2010

i cant say that i didnt prophisise that kenict will be 150 and the consoles will stay 200 and 300 for this yr many times its just that some posters thought my prophesies are just fanyboy gibberish which i dont believe they are

Play Me

kowenicki said:
BHR-3 said:

very good news for sony fans as this means the price will be the same as last year between the two consoles but as a sony fan i dont think were out of the water yet there could still be a chance of this console and the 250 going down to 150 and 250 later in the year sep-nov

if it doesnt than sony should get aggressive and drop down to 280 or even 250 to make up what it has lost in june july aug and sep 2010

i cant say that i didnt prophisise that kenict will be 150 and the consoles will stay 200 and 300 for this yr many times its just that some posters thought my prophesies are just fanyboy gibberish which i dont believe they are

hang on... prophecies...?

you mean you predicted the already heavily rumoured price and you predicted the prices of the console woud remain the same...  hardly nostradamus is it. 

you didnt even know there was going to be a $200 system until the other day.

do research before you quote me

the kentic being 150 i agree wasnt that hard

check these threads out me and seece battled numerous times about 360 staying at 200 and 300 although it can still go down in the fall but so far so good for me

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=113054&page=1

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111861&page=1&str=1300482104#21

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=112274&page=1&str=577936935#24

Play Me

kowenicki said:
BHR-3 said:

hang on... prophecies...?

you mean you predicted the already heavily rumoured price and you predicted the prices of the console woud remain the same...  hardly nostradamus is it. 

you didnt even know there was going to be a $200 system until the other day.

also dont down play my perdition's

if it was so easy to predict kenicts price b/c it was heavily romured that kenict would be 150 then why did you believe it would launch at 100?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111843&page=1&str=1901954887#

Play Me