By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 17th July 2010

AnthonyW86 said:
Hyruken said:

Got to love the remarks by people "got to be expected"... what a load of BS. If what track said was true the 360s just pwned any revised console in history including the PS2. I doubt many predicted that at all!

To sell over 200k in a week is amazing and if my numbers are right put's it in some regions on par with the consoles actual orgional release. This is just a new model, not even a price cut! That is what makes it truely astonishing.

What makes it even more amazing is if 360 posts another 100k-150k over the PS3 in Europe over next few weeks the 360 will have OUTSOLD PS3 in EUROPE for 2010. Who would of thought that. 

I to was surprised by the number at first, but when you think about it it really isn't that strange(although i would have guessed closer to 100k-150k). People have been waiting and pre-ordering the new model for weeks, alot of them trading in their old models(here the amount of used X360 being offered right know is insane.)

Also that last sentence was a joke right? Numbers will go down to 100K or less in a few weeks, just look at other regions. 

I think you forget that this is just a new sku, one that is the same price as the previous most expensive 360. The new cheaper arcade slim will be the one that drives 360 sales into the next 12 months.

The gap between the 360 and PS3 in europe is just 223k for 2010. If we look at the data for this year and include only full weeks (not using 3rd jan data as 4 days were from 2009) we see PS3 has sold 1.396m and 360 has sold 1.173m. This is for 7 months data off of the back of a ps3 price cut and new model.

This weeks numbers only represent 1-2 day's of the slim being on sale due to it's release on the 16th. Next week will see a full weeks sale. You would again expect it to be around the 100k-150k mark. Meaning the PS3-360 gap could be down to 123k by next saturday. The following week see's pay day in the UK, i would expect a lot of people to buy a 360s around this point so again would expect 360s sales to be around 100k. Making the ps3-360 gap potentially at around 70k. Over the next couple of weeks i would expect that number to be brought down to 0. And if it hasen't the release of the arcade is end august/september will wipe out whatever was remaining.

Around the Network

This generation is awesome.

But war... war never changes

Here's a song dedicated to Sony and to those Sony fanboys that didn't believe in the power of the 360!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKTOIuezUZY

Na, na, na, na! Na, na, na, na! Hey hey hey..... goodbye!

And that's without a price cut, unlike the PS3 Slim.

AkibaFan said:

gud but softwarer went down week ovr week

so disappointing due to software tht didnt go up (for xbox 360)

Alot of people seem to be upgrading. I have noticed a big rise of used X360 systems being offered. I mean there a X360 Elite's less than a year old in perfect condition, with multiple games and accesoires being offered for as low as 100-150 euro and older models(including hard drive and games) below 100 euro and even at those prices they barely seem to get sold. 

Around the Network

Under 200k now? WTF FAIL XBOX!

Hyruken said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Hyruken said:

Got to love the remarks by people "got to be expected"... what a load of BS. If what track said was true the 360s just pwned any revised console in history including the PS2. I doubt many predicted that at all!

To sell over 200k in a week is amazing and if my numbers are right put's it in some regions on par with the consoles actual orgional release. This is just a new model, not even a price cut! That is what makes it truely astonishing.

What makes it even more amazing is if 360 posts another 100k-150k over the PS3 in Europe over next few weeks the 360 will have OUTSOLD PS3 in EUROPE for 2010. Who would of thought that. 

I to was surprised by the number at first, but when you think about it it really isn't that strange(although i would have guessed closer to 100k-150k). People have been waiting and pre-ordering the new model for weeks, alot of them trading in their old models(here the amount of used X360 being offered right know is insane.)

Also that last sentence was a joke right? Numbers will go down to 100K or less in a few weeks, just look at other regions. 

I think you forget that this is just a new sku, one that is the same price as the previous most expensive 360. The new cheaper arcade slim will be the one that drives 360 sales into the next 12 months.

The gap between the 360 and PS3 in europe is just 223k for 2010. If we look at the data for this year and include only full weeks (not using 3rd jan data as 4 days were from 2009) we see PS3 has sold 1.396m and 360 has sold 1.173m. This is for 7 months data off of the back of a ps3 price cut and new model.

This weeks numbers only represent 1-2 day's of the slim being on sale due to it's release on the 16th. Next week will see a full weeks sale. You would again expect it to be around the 100k-150k mark. Meaning the PS3-360 gap could be down to 123k by next saturday. The following week see's pay day in the UK, i would expect a lot of people to buy a 360s around this point so again would expect 360s sales to be around 100k. Making the ps3-360 gap potentially at around 70k. Over the next couple of weeks i would expect that number to be brought down to 0. And if it hasen't the release of the arcade is end august/september will wipe out whatever was remaining.

I agree the new Arcade model is the one to watch, if the rumors of 4gb storage and a $150 pricetag are true(i would still say atleast $199 or the current model would have to come down in price). But on the other hand alot of people seem to be upgrading their old model, so if you want a cheap X360 you are better of looking for a used elite.

Wagram said:

Under 200k now? WTF FAIL XBOX!

LOL.....that risky not putting /s

Boutros said:

And that's without a price cut, unlike the PS3 Slim.

indeed, it's amazing to see those numbers without a price cut.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

AnthonyW86 said:
Hyruken said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Hyruken said:

I agree the new Arcade model is the one to watch, if the rumors of 4gb storage and a $150 pricetag are true(i would still say atleast $199 or the current model would have to come down in price). But on the other hand alot of people seem to be upgrading their old model, so if you want a cheap X360 you are better of looking for a used elite.

Well the 360 slim arcade is $199.

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1100596p1.html