By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 17th July 2010

Wagram said:
RaY_Z said:

This is just nuts hehehe...

even here in Australia the 360 was on top... and it came out on July 1... im not sure why the sales boosts...?

crazy sales though!

The only thing I like is the hard drive. Overall the new console isn't worth a new purchase IMO. Just because it has Wi-Fi (Wired is 1000x better)

But I can see people who don't have a 360 hopping on this like hotcakes.

I got one for like 329 Australian Dollars down from 428, because I traded in a few 360, PS3 and XBOX games I didnt play anymore for store credit.

To bad I couldn't trade in my old console, cuz I had to give it to my GF... lolz...

But Im loving the slim, because I had the original 360 Pro console (20GB), and it RROD once but has been strong since repairs over two years ago. But I needed a new update, as I was running out of space and all.

Loving this slim ATM, it is so damn quite when playing games (installed into the hard drive) that it seems like console is not even on!

Around the Network

Alan Wake to be bundled in Americas ?

Wow people really love their remake consoles.... Someone said Nintendo should remake the Wii, i think that's a good idea, even more so after seeing the 360 sales. Did software go up for the 360 this week im having a hard time checking?

Hyruken said:

Got to love the remarks by people "got to be expected"... what a load of BS. If what track said was true the 360s just pwned any revised console in history including the PS2. I doubt many predicted that at all!

To sell over 200k in a week is amazing and if my numbers are right put's it in some regions on par with the consoles actual orgional release. This is just a new model, not even a price cut! That is what makes it truely astonishing.

What makes it even more amazing is if 360 posts another 100k-150k over the PS3 in Europe over next few weeks the 360 will have OUTSOLD PS3 in EUROPE for 2010. Who would of thought that. 

I to was surprised by the number at first, but when you think about it it really isn't that strange(although i would have guessed closer to 100k-150k). People have been waiting and pre-ordering the new model for weeks, alot of them trading in their old models(here the amount of used X360 being offered right know is insane.)

Also that last sentence was a joke right? Numbers will go down to 100K or less in a few weeks, just look at other regions. 

loy310 said:

Wow people really love their remake consoles.... Someone said Nintendo should remake the Wii, i think that's a good idea, even more so after seeing the 360 sales. Did software go up for the 360 this week im having a hard time checking?

I mentioned above. 360 SW is down 7% week on week. It's right on the side of the full chart page. I realize a lot of people would be repurchases but to not see ANY software boost? Kind of bizarre.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

Hrmm, 300k WW for 360 this week is a possibility then? Should be close anyway.

Truly massive 360 hardware! DS near halved and Wii barely in front of the PS3 and continuing the yoy drops as expected. I wonder how long the 360 sales will stay abnormally high? Probably at least until the middle of/late august, color me impressed regardless, I imagined it selling 80-100 in this region (on average) the next four weeks, looks like it may overshoot it by a fair margin.

360 just got adjusted down by about 2,000.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

gud but softwarer went down week ovr week

so disappointing due to software tht didnt go up (for xbox 360)

Wow! I was expecting a big bump, but not that big.

It seems to have been adjusted down about 2k now, not that it matters that much. lol