By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 17th July 2010

These sales makes me feel sick. I know 360 will own this holiday and 2011.

I will have  to wait until another price cut in late 2011 to see ps3 takesback the lead.

Around the Network

Wow @XB360 sales! I'd have predicted little more than 100k, or at most, stretched it to 150k taking into account the exceptional UK reaction.

Curious how despite not having either big releases or any other game in the Top 10 than RDR, PS3 is a little bit up WoW anyway, so unaffected by XB360 explosion, while Wii, despite having 6 out of 10 top titles, including 1st and 2nd, is a little bit down WoW.

Why on Earth does it look like recent MS moves affect only Wii? Not having launched Kinect yet, isn't XB360 still competing more directly with PS3? 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I hardly ever comment sales, but that's a damn fine achievement for the 360. If I wasn't money constrained due to vacations, I would get myself an 360 S, they do look amazing indeed  

Pretty good, competitive gen we're getting

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

iWarMachine said:
Boutros said:

And that's without a price cut, unlike the PS3 Slim.

indeed, it's amazing to see those numbers without a price cut.

Unlike the ps3 slim , the xboxS is a step forward ( wifi - no RROD )

Sony removed some important features like the ability to play ps2 games... many people prefer the phat ps3 including me

Still, no one can deny it , those numbers are huge

kowenicki said:
tonio_13 said:

I will have  to wait until another price cut in late 2011 to see ps3 takesback the lead.

you will need to wait a lot longer than that...

I'm just talking about weekly sales not total userbase. The 360 slim 1 year old effect won't survive to a ps3 pricecut.

Around the Network

Nice numbers.  360s is pretty damn beastly.

And RDR is still selling strong!

kowenicki said:
tonio_13 said:
kowenicki said:
tonio_13 said:

I'm just talking about weekly sales not total userbase. The 360 slim 1 year old effect won't survive to a ps3 pricecut.

You are one pessimistic PS3 fan then... the PS3 will outsell the 360 on a weekly basis much earlier than late 2011.

??????? o.O?????

kowenicki said:
tonio_13 said:
kowenicki said:
tonio_13 said:

You are one pessimistic PS3 fan then... the PS3 will outsell the 360 on a weekly basis much earlier than late 2011.

i'm not so sure about that...

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

tonio_13 said:

You feel sick because a piece of gaming hardware with one logo on it is selling better than a piece of gaming hardware with a different logo on it? I think you need to get out more.

kowenicki said:
tonio_13 said:
kowenicki said:
tonio_13 said:

If I'm correct it is just the case since 2007, one of the HD console takes the lead before holidays, and lost it next holidays.