By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 17th July 2010

kowenicki said:
iWarMachine said:
kowenicki said:
tonio_13 said:
kowenicki said:
tonio_13 said:

These sales makes me feel sick. I know 360 will own this holiday and 2011.

I will have  to wait until another price cut in late 2011 to see ps3 takesback the lead.

you will need to wait a lot longer than that...

I'm just talking about weekly sales not total userbase. The 360 slim 1 year old effect won't survive to a ps3 pricecut.

You are one pessimistic PS3 fan then... the PS3 will outsell the 360 on a weekly basis much earlier than late 2011.

i'm not so sure about that...

you think the 360 will outsell the PS3 each and every week until late 2011????

I dont.

i don't think so either...i think they'll be pretty much even the rest of the year.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network

Amazing 360 sales...and

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD -

God of War III (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
18 14,759 937,310

Cannot...believe....awesome....legs.

Funtime said:
tonio_13 said:

These sales makes me feel sick. I know 360 will own this holiday and 2011.

I will have  to wait until another price cut in late 2011 to see ps3 takesback the lead.

You feel sick because a piece of gaming hardware with one logo on it is selling better than a piece of gaming hardware with a different logo on it? I think you need to get out more.

I get out more than enough. If a simple sentence from a forumer makes you worried, then you should listen to your advice.

After looking at those numbers for a while I honestly think we've made some type of error either on the HW side or the SW side. Like I said, I realize a lot of these are repurchases but those SW numbers are absolutely ridiculous for such an enormous HW boost. The weekly attach ratio isn't even 2.5 and it's down WoW. :edit: And then there's the curious issue of Australia and NZ getting their boost 2 weeks late.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

GodOfWar_3ever said:

Amazing 360 sales...and

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD -

God of War III (PS3)
18 14,759 937,310

After playing it today for the first time, I have to say well deserved.

Got a price cut in the UK last week btw. That's the reason for the rise I guess. Got mine for £19.99

Around the Network

So it got a 150k jump over last week, and 20k down in software as total SW was down 60k from last week...

PS2 doing 20k.. still. Never ending.

2 days of sales. Only 2 friggin days of sales. 

If it was a whole week, would we have seen 300k ?

Well done M$. 2010 is clearly M$ year now. With Reach and Kinect plus a brand new Arcade 360s on the way for October the rest of the year will definately be 360 on top. The wii may get the odd week like last week, but this year is 360 > both PS3 and Wii WW sales for the entire year. ( Obviously I dont mean Wii PS3 together )

Selnor called it first.

Barozi said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Amazing 360 sales...and

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD -

God of War III (PS3)
18 14,759 937,310

Got a price cut in the UK last week btw. That's the reason for the rise I guess. Got mine for £19.99

Its back to 40 now...so I guess it was temporary.

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Action-Adventure-Adventure/God-of-War-III/~r335935/?s=God of War III

What I would love to see happen - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3537700

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Barozi said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:

Amazing 360 sales...and

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD -

God of War III (PS3)
18 14,759 937,310

Its back to 40 now...so I guess it was temporary.

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Action-Adventure-Adventure/God-of-War-III/~r335935/?s=God of War III

What I would love to see happen - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3537700

yep I got it from GAME online. Amazon,HMV & ShopTo.net have it at £29.99 atm

kowenicki said:
selnor said:

2 days of sales. Only 2 friggin days of sales. 

If it was a whole week, would we have seen 300k ?

Well done M$. 2010 is clearly M$ year now. With Reach and Kinect plus a brand new Arcade 360s on the way for October the rest of the year will definately be 360 on top. The wii may get the odd week like last week, but this year is 360 > both PS3 and Wii WW sales for the entire year. ( Obviously I dont mean Wii PS3 together )

Selnor called it first.

calm down mate... thats not going to happen.

and the 7 days v 2 days doesnt work like that when you have a period of pre-ordering.

Hey it's a friendly prediction. I'm very calm. :)

I think Kinect plus an arcade priced 360s is gonna have a bigger boost than we see here in the last 4 weeks. Probably double the impact if not triple. The difference being it wil carry through all of christmas. There is every chance M$ could come first overall this year if the remaining puzzles drop in place. 

Certainly 360 will destroy the ground PS3 made up over the last 9 months. I think the gap will be around 7 million by years end again.