By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA Up - 17th July 2010

It will probably be more like £150 though.

Around the Network
selnor said:

2 days of sales. Only 2 friggin days of sales. 

If it was a whole week, would we have seen 300k ?

Well done M$. 2010 is clearly M$ year now. With Reach and Kinect plus a brand new Arcade 360s on the way for October the rest of the year will definately be 360 on top. The wii may get the odd week like last week, but this year is 360 > both PS3 and Wii WW sales for the entire year. ( Obviously I dont mean Wii PS3 together )

Selnor called it first.

Are you predicting that for the whole EMEAA or UK only? Because the latter could even come true or at least stay close to your prediction....

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
selnor said:

Well done M$. 2010 is clearly M$ year now. With Reach and Kinect plus a brand new Arcade 360s on the way for October the rest of the year will definately be 360 on top. The wii may get the odd week like last week, but this year is 360 > both PS3 and Wii WW sales for the entire year. ( Obviously I dont mean Wii PS3 together )

Selnor called it first.

Are you predicting that for the whole EMEAA or UK only? Because the latter could even come true or at least stay close to your prediction....

I meant WW. Pretty outlandish I know. But it's a good 360 day, so I'll have some fun. :)

Noone takes my predictions seriously anyway. LOL.

hiroko said:

holy shit!

gongratz mic... you owned sony   without an price cut...

it is true thou. ps3 wil never outsel the x360

oh here you are, we were expecting you

jonop said:

It will probably be more like £150 though.

I assume your talking about the arcade slim?

Why would MS make the console that get's them the most sales more expensive then the last arcade?

As others have said before the arcade will likely have 4gb memory and not have wifi. Losing the wifi and the 250gb harddrive is not going to save £20 is it. We are looking at maybe about £50. Thus the $199 AUS is probably near to what it will be.

The costs to make these 360's are obviously a lot less then the old ones. That is why companies make these revised consoles. I am 99% certain by november you will be seeing these new arcades around £99 in various stores. It happened in some places last year (Sainsbury's).

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

now who was it that thought a bump to 60k was probable... lol

this is an incredible result and one which could be repeated next week too.

HUGE!

BHR-3.   Another failed prediction for him.

Whats so impressive about these sales?

I mean most 360S buyers are already 360 owners because theres no boost for software at all.

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

Maynard_Tool said:
hiroko said:

holy shit!

gongratz mic... you owned sony   without an price cut...

it is true thou. ps3 wil never outsel the x360

oh here you are, we were expecting you

whahaha i realy thought mic would not do that good i mean noo price cut ...

but like i said much respect for MIC..sony trying its best to sell more and mic just stampede over it.

selnor said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
selnor said:

Selnor called it first.

I meant WW. Pretty outlandish I know. But it's a good 360 day, so I'll have some fun. :)

Fair enough, everybody should be allowed to have fun in his best weeks!   

... But that penalty inflicted to Lewis too late to really affect his race was FISHY!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
selnor said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
selnor said:

Selnor called it first.

Fair enough, everybody should be allowed to have fun in his best weeks!   

... But that penalty inflicted to Lewis too late to really affect his race was FISHY!!!   

That was wierd. But I'm sure Lewis had nothing to do with it. 

LOL at Alonso though. Leiws slowed as soon as the SC light came on at the side of the track. You only have to view the cockpit part of that race with lewis to see. There is no way Lewis could see the end of the pitlane and know the safety car hadn't entered the track already. He was simply following the rules regarding speed when that light came on.

As for the overtake safety car. It was so close it clearly wasn't intentional.

I feel bad for Alonso right now, he is a great driver. But getting worked up over innocent mistakes is silly. However I agree the time taking to issue the penalty definately helped Lewis.