By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii vs 360 3rd party sales!

Wow, just wow.

This entire thread was like one big exercise in missing the point.

Statements like this:

"The 360's userbase on Nov 19th, 2006 might have been balanced out by the fact that all the games still selling on the system but released prior to Nov 19th weren't being counted. "

Are why Legend couldn't win this debate. I mean WTF? How in the hell does comparing games released in the same period "balance" the significantly larger install base at the beginning of the comparison? That doesn't even begin to try and make sense, it is just flat out wrong....very very wrong. God I hope that was a moment of brain fart and he doesn't actually believe that.

This analysis couldn't really be much simpler. You have the 360 which is getting a very large investment of resources over the period in question, and it is producing the most revenue. Then you have the Wii which is getting a marginal investment at best which is producing a very respectable amount of revenue. The comparison is not all positive 1 way or the other. And the real problem is that the factor that matters most (investment yield) is unavailable for comparison.

There is so much more to say, but its not really worth it.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Legend11 said:
naznatips said:

I just explained to you why you shouldn't do this up there, and you make the same completely retarded argument. Let's go through your lack of logic once again, because for some reason you seem to want everyone to mock your posts. I swear Legend I didn't think it was possible for me to have less respect for you.

Look I don't care what you think of me, but I'd appreciate it if you'd at least keep things civil. I haven't insulted you personally in this thread and I expect the same courtesy.

Actually nevermind I'm out of here anyways. Between the constant trolling in the PS3 and 360 forums I'm actually surprised anyone who has one of those as their system of choice stays in these forums. They definitely must have a thick skin. If seeing RROD mentioned in the 360 forum or bashing of the PS3 in the PS3 forum was a drinking game we'd have people dying from alcohol poisoning. You can pretty much guaranteed no matter what 360 game a thread is about there you'll get some ass saying something like "Looks good but too bad the 360 has RROD or I'd try it". You can also guarantee that any thread with good news about the PS3 will be filled with people bashing it.

And anyone who actually doesn't agree with threads like this one (nevermind the fact that titles were ignored, userbases and launches weren't taken into consideration, far too small of a sample was taken, missing titles were discovered, etc) and wanted to paint a real picture of the revenue being generated by major Western third parties by using REAL WORLD numbers their arguments are called "retarded" and they're subjected to insults. Oh and the numbers were never about profit (I'm not aware of that being broken down) it was about the fact that the major third parties are obviously selling a lot of product on the 360 and in some cases (the three I chose because their products are represented in those lists) it's more than 1.5 or 2 times as much as on the Wii.

Have fun, maybe some of the people here will get their wish and these forums will be just Wii owners agreeing with each other. I'm sure that will make for some great discussions.

I think I was quite honest about the limitations of the comparison in my OP so don't think I tried to mislead anybody into thinking that these figures were the be all and end all of 3rd party sales. I couldn't get a bigger sample as there are only16, now including LP, 360 games which fit the criteria in the data base sales list. Anyay if these numbers are so unreliable and scewed how about you make your own topic using your precious, cherry picked financials?

Also why are you concentrating on major Western devs? The point of this thread is to look at the big picture, i.e globally. As for the numbers not having anything to do with profit WTF? The thread is about 3rd parties, who's overiding priority is to make, guess what, PROFIT. 

I don't know why I'm even making an effort to engage you here as you haven't responded to 1 of my replies to your posts, of which there have been many, in the whole freaking thread. So either I have bad e-breath or  you are deliberately avoiding my points, I'm guessing because they don't fit in with your dream, I mean view of 360 domination.

Kinda OT, have you seen the most recent Others software sales? They fail to show the supposed 4-5 times larger 360 sales you referred to earlier, in fact just from scanning through the charts they're pretty damn close! I suppose ioi's sources have a secret hatred of everything not Wii also, the whole world really is against you. 

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Shhhh, don't worry about trolls. They'll come back or give up, simple as that.

OT: Yeah, I hope this really puts the "Wii won't get any 3rd party support" argument to rest.

The 360 was established by the time the Wii and PS3 arrived. Of course it would have a lot of big sellers. The Wii was underestimated from all devs (during EA's stockholders meeting they regretted not having more Wii launch titles) and there have been many PS2 ports + waggle/crappy looking 360 games. Yes games have sold for the Wii.

Even with low-quality games developers are still making good revenue on it. Now they will actually work on better games for the Wii and 3rd party development for the Wii is secured.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Call of Duty 4: Modern WarfareActivision3,3816.210.79m
Assassins CreedUbisoft3,5346.120.74m
FIFA 08EA Sports8275.400.67m
Ridge Racer 7Namco1,1815.910.61m
Need for Speed: CarbonEA8885.650.61m
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008Konami1,4457.850.58m
Call of Duty 3Activision1,6256.340.53m
Elder Scrolls IV: OblivionBethesda3,9737.200.51m
Madden NFL 08EA 1,5036.680.50m
Fight Night Round 3EA7736.000.47m
Madden NFL 07EA8025.790.46m
Virtua Fighter 5Sega2,9867.130.45m
Dynasty Warriors GundamNamco Bandai Games America8854.420.34m
Need for Speed: ProStreetEA5804.380.34m

Dynasty Warriors 6Koei3,2635.910.29m

Here is the PS3 top ten with boxarts and such.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Where are all the PS3 exclusives like Ratchet & Clank, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk and Lair??

It shows how good 3rd Partys sell on the PS3 (considiring userbase). Games like Assassins and Call of Duty 4 have have only been out a few weeks and there already at the top.

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

Around the Network

All of those four are in the top overall 30.

HS is leading at number 8 I believe with 500k+ sales.

R&C has 220k w/o EU numbers, Warhawk has 300k I believe not counting PSN sales, and Lair has a meager 230k.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Well, at least the Wii has stronger third party support than the Gamecube... Right?

sinha said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Does MS even have any first party games?

Do you serve any purpose besides trolling?

--

And I was going to comment that Lost Planet was left off the list but that observation has already been made. And of course Gears of War misses out by being released two weeks before the Wii launched.

Usually not, I've learned tonight.  I found this post ironic.

I'd like to see these games added to the PS3 numbers, or at least all multiplatform games that are on all 3 systems. 

a.l.e.x59 said:
Well, at least the Wii has stronger third party support than the Gamecube... Right?

Not yet...but it's only the first year, an excuse that only works for the Wii.

Xbox and ps3 have great 3rd party support. They take time to work on the games they make. When you look at the Wii they are the complete opposite. They have about a decent 3rd party support, but the problem is that they do not make the games good. Same thing about the game sucks like the graphics (Cruis'n) the control sucks (call of dutie 3) ect. So while people may say the Wii has good 3rd party support it does not matter unless the game are half decent and not this shit they give us to play.