By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii vs 360 3rd party sales!

eugene said:
Missing alot of 360 games. Lost Planet, NCAA football, Overlord, Two worlds, Fifa , Pro Evo soccer, The orange box, Lego Star wars.

Games released AFTER Wii's launch. I have acepted LP should have been there.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
Go look at the North American charts for the top 30 games and count the number of third party 360 games and Wii games in that list. I counted 2 Wii games. If anyone actually thinks that the Wii is the bread and butter of third parties they're mistaken. I should take that last comment back, they are the bread and butter for third parties that release crap like Ninjabread Man. But for third parties that rely on hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue each year they're far from a sure thing.

What is the purpose of this post?

You do realise that 360 has a far bigger share of it's market in NA than Wii not to mention more systems sold. Nobody has claimed that Wii is the "bread & butter" or as you said earlier "the darling" of 3rd parties. All you are doing is being repeatedy selective about data and putting words in people's mouths whilst ignoring arguments made against your flawed points.

I really hope you are 15 or younger as you are coming across as being pretty pathetic. 

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Legend11 said:
Go look at the North American charts for the top 30 games and count the number of third party 360 games and Wii games in that list. I counted 2 Wii games. If anyone actually thinks that the Wii is the bread and butter of third parties they're mistaken. I should take that last comment back, they are the bread and butter for third parties that release crap like Ninjabread Man. But for third parties that rely on hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue each year they're far from a sure thing.

I just explained to you why you shouldn't do this up there, and you make the same completely retarded argument. Let's go through your lack of logic once again, because for some reason you seem to want everyone to mock your posts. I swear Legend I didn't think it was possible for me to have less respect for you.

What I've done here Legend is looked through the top 50 software sales in NA from last week. I didn't count anything published by Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft except for Mario & Sonic at the Olympics because that's actually published by Sega and it was mislabled by VGChartz.

The top 50 third party games breakup by console according to last week's American sales are as follows:

Xbox 360: 16 games
Wii: 14 games
Playstation 3: 8 games
Playstation 2: 8 games
DS: 3 games
PSP: 1 game

Mass Effect isn't counted because it's Microsoft funded and published. Marvel Ultimate Alliance isn't counted because it's a pack-in, and the developer makes no money off those sales.

Of course the actual sales total for the Wii games is more like 2/3 of the 360 games, but the point is clear, and Wii sales are that strong without any major releases recently past Guitar Hero 3 and RE:UC. Whereas the 360 just had CoD4, GH3, Rock Band, and Assassin's Creed. Of course the 360 also has a larger market share in America.  Have you been shamed enough for one day, or are you going to post anymore illogical BS in this topic before you log off tonight?

some wii games that need to be updated on that list....
-mario & sonic is at 0.54m
-umbrella chronicles at 0.38m
-mysims at 0.45m

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Legend11 said:

I just explained to you why you shouldn't do this up there, and you make the same completely retarded argument. Let's go through your lack of logic once again, because for some reason you seem to want everyone to mock your posts. I swear Legend I didn't think it was possible for me to have less respect for you.

What I've done here Legend is looked through the top 50 software sales in NA from last week. I didn't count anything published by Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft except for Mario & Sonic at the Olympics because that's actually published by Sega and it was mislabled by VGChartz.

The top 50 third party games breakup by console according to last week's American sales are as follows:

Mass Effect isn't counted because it's Microsoft funded and published. Marvel Ultimate Alliance isn't counted because it's a pack-in, and the developer makes no money off those sales.

Of course the actual sales total for the Wii games is more like 2/3 of the 360 games, but the point is clear, and Wii sales are that strong without any major releases recently past Guitar Hero 3 and RE:UC. Whereas the 360 just had CoD4, GH3, Rock Band, and Assassin's Creed. Of course the 360 also has a larger market share in America.  Have you been shamed enough for one day, or are you going to post anymore illogical BS in this topic before you log off tonight?

Because a game is a pack-in the developer makes no money?

Looks like you can't have a thread with any kind of good Wii news without someone trolling it ;)

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

You're thinking PS3 news.

Legend11 said:
naznatips said:
Legend11 said:

Of course the actual sales total for the Wii games is more like 2/3 of the 360 games, but the point is clear, and Wii sales are that strong without any major releases recently past Guitar Hero 3 and RE:UC. Whereas the 360 just had CoD4, GH3, Rock Band, and Assassin's Creed. Of course the 360 also has a larger market share in America. Have you been shamed enough for one day, or are you going to post anymore illogical BS in this topic before you log off tonight?

Because a game is a pack-in the developer makes no money?

No, they don't. Microsoft pays the developer production price to let them stick it in the system. I don't really care if you add it though, as it's just nitpicking and doesn't change the purpose. That would bring the 360 up to 17 and the PS2 down 1 game to 7. It really doesn't change the point of the post though, which is that the Wii TP software sales aren't anywhere near as anemic as you are trying to make them out to be.

That's not to say they are the best ever or above the 360's. They absolutely are not, but that doesn't make them bad. In fact, considering game budget and quality to this point, they are quite good other than a few small disappointments like Madden and Zack & Wiki. Which isn't really fair as it's not as if the 360 hasn't had plenty of sales disappointments of its own (Stranglehold, FFXI, The Darkness, Blacksite: Area 51, NBA2k8, etc.)

Legend11 said:

Do you think that developers are completely unaware of game quality, development costs or the size of marketing budgets?

Even though you don't want to see it, the sales of third party Wii games are probably very encouraging to third party developers. Being that the Wii was initially ignored by third parties, resulting in most of the Wii's third party games being rushed or ports, the Wii has still sold a decent ammount of third party games. Ubisoft is not going to be disapointed with the sales of Red Steel or Rayman Raving Rabids because Assassin's Creed sold more then them, they're aware that Assassin's creed was a far better game and had much more/better marketing; on top of that Assassin's Creed probably cost a lot more to develop, so the return on investment from Rayman Raving Rabids could be far higher.