By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii vs 360 3rd party sales!

Well hey guys, great analysis. Do you think they do this kind of a breakdown at Ubisoft and EA or do they follow a different approach?

Around the Network
ItsaMii said:
naznatips said:

Btw, Legend, since you still don't seem to understand what you did wrong, let me show you:

Final Fantasy XI Online (delete)Square5263.450.17m
Project Sylpheed (delete)Square3784.780.05m
Final Fantasy XI Online: Wings of the Goddess Expansion Pack (delete)Square239.500.04m
Final Fantasy XI All In One Pack (delete)Square1473.570.02m

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (delete)Square Enix7,1257.660.49m

Oh look, Square Enix made 4 360 games and they all sold much less than 1 Wii game. Obviously Square Enix games are unsuccessful on the 360.

Now lets look at all the things I ignored in that statement:

-Square Enix is a Japanese focused publisher, and the 360 hasn't sold nearly as much as the Wii in Japan.
-3 of those games are MMOs (and expansions) which are limited by the amount of 360 owners who are online, and are more successful on PCs anyway.
-Project Sylpheed is a really really crappy game.
-Dragon Quest is the most popular RPG series in Japan after Pokemon, so of course it would be a bigger game.

Hopefully this little excersize helps you understand why you can't make blanket statements without taking other variables into account.

+ 100000 for you. Playing too much PW really helps to find faulty arguments and contradictions.

*edit* I am not sure, but I think those 360 games cost a lot more than the DQ one. The difference is that argument helps Wii in both cases. One low budget game sold a lot more than 4 medium-high budget games and low budget cash in games sell a lot less on the Wii than high budget games on other platforms

Actually, Project Sylpheed was cheap, and Square just published it.  The two FFXI games are ports of the PC versions which isn't all that expensive. That said, all those combined surely cost more, but they are hardly an indicator of Square's opportunities for success on the Xbox 360.  

Biggerboat:

Your numbers are off a bit. GRAW (part 1) is not on the list, and neither is Oblivion. Both games sold over 1 million copies. Is there a reason for that?

Just kiss the tip.

Arkk said:
Biggerboat:

Your numbers are off a bit. GRAW (part 1) is not on the list, and neither is Oblivion. Both games sold over 1 million copies. Is there a reason for that?

released since Nov 19th 2006

Where is Lost Planet on that list for 360??? I am sure its a million plus seller.

Around the Network
sam12 said:
Where is Lost Planet on that list for 360??? I am sure its a million plus seller.

Dammit I knew there'd be 1!

I would go to the bother of changing it but I think the thread has pretty much run it's course. It would have increased 360's sales by around a mill just so you kno.

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

Hopefully 3rd party publisher can open their eyes and look at the potential sales of Wii software, and start to bring in quality titles.

Ya, care to do a PS3 v.s. Wii comparision. Some 3rd party have sold well, but not all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

RE UC must take the place of one of those shitty games.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Does MS even have any first party games?