By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

RDR PS3 adjusted up over the million mark and now outsold the 360 version. For the last couple of weeks the 360 version was showing about 60-70k more then PS3.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
shinyuhadouken said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Sony is taking over Others and I doubt it but at the same time wouldn't be surprised if P.S.3 starts outselling Wii in Others...Microsoft is trying though they should stick with America.

that sounds like a wet dream.

With 10k units between them and Gran Turismo 5 releasing in the coming months... It's not so much a wet dream these days.

We've seen it happen in Japan. "EMEAA" could be next.

For the next few months, PS3 and Wii should be pretty close in Europe and Japan. The HD consoles tend to keep pace more with Wii during the slow periods because they sell to more core gamers, especially more recently when Wii momentum has slowed.

But once the bigger guns for Wii come out around the holidays like DKC, Goldeneye, Wii Party, Epic Mickey, etc.. It's going to take off again and carry into Christmas. Wii should sell so much this holiday it'll make up for any lack of sales during these summer months. Just last holiday when everyone was writing it off as declining, it set the record in the US for most consoles sold in a month.

So even if PS3 gets near Wii or even starts outselling it, the massive holiday sales it gets will even things out.

The cat amongst the pigeons... Amazon are discounting the new unit even before launch I was hovering over the preorder button again today. Something I do on a daily basis when I noticed it now sells for £189 and not £199. Good for the Amazon preorder guarantee so nobody will lose out.

Anyway I actually expect Europe to snap up the redesigned 360 because I am not so convinced that Europe is totally behind the PS3. My primary thinking for this is they seemed more than happy to snap up the NXE and Price reduced 360 and I am sure they will be keen to snap up a redesigned 360 and it is only since the slim and the price cut that the PS3 made a strong comeback.

My only niggle with my reasoning is the reason why I am not pushing the button and that is because I believe it will be reduced again in November and I also want to see what the Arcade version offers. So I am holding back and I am sure others are too.

Did I mention it was black and shinny?

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Metallicube said:
Carl2291 said:
shinyuhadouken said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Sony is taking over Others and I doubt it but at the same time wouldn't be surprised if P.S.3 starts outselling Wii in Others...Microsoft is trying though they should stick with America.

With 10k units between them and Gran Turismo 5 releasing in the coming months... It's not so much a wet dream these days.

For the next few months, PS3 and Wii should be pretty close in Europe and Japan. The HD consoles tend to keep pace more with Wii during the slow periods because they sell to more core gamers, especially more recently when Wii momentum has slowed.

But once the bigger guns for Wii come out around the holidays like DKC, Goldeneye, Wii Party, Epic Mickey, etc.. It's going to take off again and carry into Christmas. Wii should sell so much this holiday it'll make up for any lack of sales during these summer months. Just last holiday when everyone was writing it off as declining, it set the record in the US for most consoles sold in a month.

So even if PS3 gets near Wii or even starts outselling it, the massive holiday sales it gets will even things out.

Last year it had a price cut, and it's biggest game ever

DKC, GoldenEye and Epic Mickey wont match NSMB Wii combined. Wii Party, is just another party game... I can't see it selling consoles tbh. Wii Dance on the otherhand, would have. Dance games are becomming big, Party games while decent sellers, are already VASTLY represented on Wii. Even by Nintendo.

But hey, we will see. Gamescom isn't too far away!

kowenicki said:
libellule said:
BHR-3 said:

why isnt noone buying 120£ arcades or 150£ pound elites in EU?

over here arcades are $150 and elites are 250 and come with 2 games from the holiday bundles thats sounds like a better deal for a new 360 owner than $300 360S with no games at all

unless theres is low demand for the 360 console itself in EU and it just existing owners waiting to upgrade to the newer version

you got the point

most of the people interesting in an old 360 already has one
that is why the price cut has no effect at all (I m even surprised indeed)

perhaps, adjustement will correct this later ...

I m guessing most of the Slim sales will be  REbuying sales. This  also happened with the PS3 Slim last year.

so you expect all new buyers of a 360 to buy the old console????

why?

wouldnt they wait for the 360s?

by your logic this means that 360 purchases will all but cease after the initial boost from the slim... you are talking nonsense.

of course not ... it is not all new buyers : it is most of them !

also, all is about price, remember recession ?
and right now, there are some pretty good deal for if you want to get a 360 games :
and not everybody can buy a Slim at full price

Finally, in my memory, in the past, PS3 price cut, before Slim, had a good effect on sales because ... it was cheaper and bundled with games.

Time to Work !

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
libellule said:
BHR-3 said:

why isnt noone buying 120£ arcades or 150£ pound elites in EU?

over here arcades are $150 and elites are 250 and come with 2 games from the holiday bundles thats sounds like a better deal for a new 360 owner than $300 360S with no games at all

unless theres is low demand for the 360 console itself in EU and it just existing owners waiting to upgrade to the newer version

you got the point

most of the people interesting in an old 360 already has one
that is why the price cut has no effect at all (I m even surprised indeed)

perhaps, adjustement will correct this later ...

I m guessing most of the Slim sales will be  REbuying sales. This  also happened with the PS3 Slim last year.

me too i thought it would of out sold ps3 this week and even last week

the value is very good with the old skus and there are quite and reliable there not the 360 of 05-07 you can argue bout the HDD size but 360's dont consome HDDs like PS3 do

if when the 360S launch week comes and its sales are still lower than PS3s i'll be shocked some more

maybe supply is low for the old skus maybe most of the old skus are in NA we'll find out soon

to put balancing in your (our) points :

- we have no idea on the 360 stocks left (I m too lazy to check them in Paris shop right now)
- no advertising (neither tv or subway, bus etc ...)
- no price drop everywhere
- people are waiting for the Slim

At the end, it is quite hard to make a final judgement on these sales nbrs ...

Time to Work !

I still don't think that the new Slim Xbox can attract new customers, it has nothing new over the old one except for built-in wifi and a redesign. My impression from it's sales sofar is that rabbid MS fans are buying the new HW despite having it "already".

What would suddenly attract new customers? Can someone explain this to me?

Xbox's exclusive game line up for the future is worst of the 3, the new HW is the same thing just repacked, the price is still the same for the slim model as was for the Elite... If you didn't buy Xbox already, why would you do it now, that the Xbox is basicaly loosing all it's ground, having zero momentum, shitty sales for a year and less upcomming games than anyone else?

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Carl2291 said:
Metallicube said:
Carl2291 said:
shinyuhadouken said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

Last year it had a price cut, and it's biggest game ever

DKC, GoldenEye and Epic Mickey wont match NSMB Wii combined. Wii Party, is just another party game... I can't see it selling consoles tbh. Wii Dance on the otherhand, would have. Dance games are becomming big, Party games while decent sellers, are already VASTLY represented on Wii. Even by Nintendo.

But hey, we will see. Gamescom isn't too far away!

Last year PS3 has a $100 pricecut (bringing it to just 50% of launch price), a slim remodel and it's biggest game ever in Japan.  I think it's rather safe to say both platforms will be down Y-O-Y in Q4. :P

I don't think they need to match NSMB really, because also, the Wii still has that game, and it'll probably still outsell most new games this holiday again anyway.  Wii's already hit it's critical mass, and it's more at a point where few new games can really push hardware sales, rather it's the overall library that brings the new buyers at this point.  Basically like PS2 in 2004 and on.

I also wouldn't undercount Wii Party though, by taking the Wii Play route and doing a controller bundle, Nintendo's basically setting the game up as an "extra" purchase alongside every new Wii this Q4.   Wii also has some other surefire JP/EU sellers in the fall like Kirby and Just Dance 2.  You're right though, we'll have a better idea at Gamescom (and TGS).

jarrod said:

[...]

Last year PS3 has a $100 pricecut (bringing it to just 50% of launch price), a slim remodel and it's biggest game ever in Japan.  I think it's rather safe to say both platforms will be down Y-O-Y in Q4. :P

I don't think they need to match NSMB really, because also, the Wii still has that game, and it'll probably still outsell most new games this holiday again anyway.  Wii's already hit it's critical mass, and it's more at a point where few new games can really push hardware sales, rather it's the overall library that brings the new buyers at this point.  Basically like PS2 in 2004 and on.

I also wouldn't undercount Wii Party though, by taking the Wii Play route and doing a controller bundle, Nintendo's basically setting the game up as an "extra" purchase alongside every new Wii this Q4.   Wii also has some other surefire JP/EU sellers in the fall like Kirby and Just Dance 2.  You're right though, we'll have a better idea at Gamescom (and TGS).

Or maybe, if their plans about Move and Kinect go how they wish, they could be both up.

And Wii just needs some of its most waited games to be up too.

I'm not sure, but maybe all three of them could need a price cut at the right moment to meet their highest sales goals, XB360 and PS3 almost surely at least on entry level units, to make the cost of entry level Move and Kinect bundles not too high, Wii then should just need a modest reduction to keep the distances in price/value ratio. Surely Wii has still the power to reach lower income users before its competitors without losing money on HW, and it will keep this advantage until the end of this gen. Next gen, though, about costs, Sony will gather the fruits of having invested so much in the Cell and BD, as scaling it up and offering the most powerful CPU as its users expect will cost a lot less than developing it from scratch like it did this gen, BD is becoming affordable too, HDDs and RAM are dirt cheap, keeping the Cell architecture PS3 BC on PS4 will be almost automatic and PS4 dev tools will become mature and more productive earlier, so offering new things for casuals and enough power increase to keep hardcores won't make costs go out of control anymore. Time will tell, but Wii already won this gen anyway, nobody can deny it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

aragod said:

I still don't think that the new Slim Xbox can attract new customers, it has nothing new over the old one except for built-in wifi and a redesign. My impression from it's sales sofar is that rabbid MS fans are buying the new HW despite having it "already".

What would suddenly attract new customers? Can someone explain this to me?

Xbox's exclusive game line up for the future is worst of the 3, the new HW is the same thing just repacked, the price is still the same for the slim model as was for the Elite... If you didn't buy Xbox already, why would you do it now, that the Xbox is basicaly loosing all it's ground, having zero momentum, shitty sales for a year and less upcomming games than anyone else?

Has anybody mentioned it is shinny and black yet?

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.