By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First 1/2 of 2010 is over: what are the Game of the Year Contenders so far?

God of war 3(also my first Platinum)

Got it because it looked awesome and it was.

Red Dead Redemption(Awesome game)

Got it because it looked awesome and it was and good sandbox game.

Around the Network

1. Red Dead Redemption

2. Alan Wake (although Im only halfways through it)

3. Mount & Blade: Warband

4. Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening

5. Battlefield: Bad Company 2

For me...

Heavy Rain
God of War III
Red Dead Redemption
Super Mario Galaxy 2

final fantasy 13 is goty for me just because of the sheer quality and polish compared to other games

Mass Effect 2

Red Dead Redemption

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Bayonetta

Around the Network

My only personal GOTY contender so far is Red Dead Redemption. It was just an absoltuely amazing game. And it's weird, because I never wanted it until my friends got it the day it came out. Then I got it two days later, and played it nonstop for the next three weeks.

I'm sure Mario galaxy 2 will be one too, once I get around to playing it.

Monster Hunter Tri

Personally, it's gotta be Monster Hunter 3. Despite the endless frustration that game has given me, it's really sucked me in in a way that no game has since the original Fire Emblem (at least as far as a game that's a new experience for me)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is my GoTY thus far.

This quarter wasn't as kind to me as last quarter in the way of games but I probably played Monster Hunter and Galaxy 2 more than all the games I got last quarter combined.

Pixel Art can be fun.

For me probably Mass Effect 2, God of War 3, or Super Mario Galaxy 2.  I didnt play heavy rain yet though and i might add that to the list. For some reason I didn't like RDR as much as other people did so thats not on my list.