By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First 1/2 of 2010 is over: what are the Game of the Year Contenders so far?

Well Heavy Rain is all about the awesome story and the great characters as well as my favorite soundtrack in a game this gen. It really is an interactive movie, something one needs to know not to get suprised or disappointed.

And Final Fantasy XIII was my most anticipated game this generation and I ended up not being disappointed with the final product. It might not be as good as FFX for me but everything about the game felt fresh and polished. Lightning is probably the best Final Fantasy character ever as well as the whole cast in general. The game is indeed linear at first but that's not such a bad thing considering the way the game is built.

Around the Network

God of War III

Mario Galaxy 2

Nothing else so far has made me very excited. My pick: Galaxy 2

Final Fantasy XIII

and

Mass Effect 2

Both amazing. But XIII is better IMO.

If I wasn't let down with Mass Effect 2 I would have 2 noms.  Instead I'll just say Red Dead Redemption.  Its a first for me, a Rockstar game I actually enjoy.

edit: Totally forgot about Bad Company 2, but I would only nominate it in a multiplayer category.

non-gravity said:

And in contrary to Boutros I thought both Heavy Rain and especially FFXIII sucked.

Agreed. I still get pissed off when I think of Heavy Rain.

Around the Network

Top 5 would be:

Mass Effect 2
Heavy Rain
Final Fantasy XIII
Red Dead Redemption
God of War III

All amazing games, let's hope the 2nd half of 2010 is just as good

My GOTY contenders right now:

God of War III  -  Just one word needed here: EPIC!!!

Final Fantasy XIII  -  Great story, gameplay and characters.

Heavy Rain  -  Innovative and alongside with MGS4 the best Story I've experienced in a videogame.

(Super Mario Galaxy 2  -  Great leveldesign. But it hasn't really a big chance to become my GOTY.)

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Let's not do the "This game pissed me off" thing, guys. This is about what made you like certain games.

Kowenicki, how about you tell me what makes Alan Wake special for you?

Mass Effect 2

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

God of War III

Splinter Cell: Conviction

Alan Wake

Starcraft 2 beta was hands down game of the 1/2 year. The full game will take the year ending award I'm sure.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype