By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First 1/2 of 2010 is over: what are the Game of the Year Contenders so far?

theRepublic said:
irstupid said:

well since i'm a completionist freak when it comes ot things i'm just LOVING Monster Hunter Tri, so that gets it for me so far

have only played like 3 levels in SMG2 so far so can't comment on that other than saying its awesome having yoshi and if as good as first galaxy will be great fun.  Though do have one complaint regarding galaxy, and its not the games fault but more the sytems.  From where I play the pointer is very often jumpy and sketchy, so I have to get a great experience in pointer i have to stand up.

Which makes me really excited about prospect of the new zelda no using the ir bar for pointing. 

You probably need to adjust the sensitivity for the pointer in the system settings menu.

i'll try that when i get home, i guess i am using my parents wii right now so i would have never done any tweaking on things with it.  but yea starting playing galaxy 2 yesterday for a little while but then just kept having a nagging feeling in back of head to put in monster hunter and find ingredients to upgrade armor/weapons or make new ones lol. 

i have like 10 weapons that i'm upgrading and shit and haven't even used half of them yet, just addicted to getting everythign

Around the Network

God Of War 3

Mass Effect 2

SMG2

Heavy Rain

Red Dead Redemption

All these games excelled in their respective genre

My personal pick so far is GoW3...an amazing ride of a game

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Mass Effect 2

From what i've palyed nothing comes close to these games.

Mass Effect 2 :: The only game I've beaten this year that I continue to go back and play again and again.

So far, without a doubt Super Mario Galaxy 2

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

From a personal standpoint, my answer should be obvious, because it did what I expected it to do and then some, not to mention really proving there IS a market for that type of experience.

Knowing my personal game won't win and without it's existence, my answer would easily have been God of War III! Never before have I played a game so polished, on as grand of a visual scale, or as technically satisfying. From the boss battles, to the varrious types of weapons, I was hooked from start to finish and I wasn't even a big GOW fan before it.

Looks like I'm going to have to quit being stubborn and give GoW3 a shot.  I never played GoW2 and I was a little underwhelmed by Gow1 but CGI tends to know what he's talking about.  I guess GoW3 is my next big gaming purchase (after I buy a few cheap PSP games from the PSN).

d21lewis said:
CGI-Quality said:

From a personal standpoint, my answer should be obvious, because it did what I expected it to do and then some, not to mention really proving there IS a market for that type of experience.

Knowing my personal game won't win and without it's existence, my answer would easily have been God of War III! Never before have I played a game so polished, on as grand of a visual scale, or as technically satisfying. From the boss battles, to the varrious types of weapons, I was hooked from start to finish and I wasn't even a big GOW fan before it.

Looks like I'm going to have to quit being stubborn and give GoW3 a shot.  I never played GoW2 and I was a little underwhelmed by Gow1 but CGI tends to know what he's talking about.  I guess GoW3 is my next big gaming purchase (after I buy a few cheap PSP games from the PSN).

God of War III is pretty great, though I don't guarantee you'll like it if you didn't like the first.

If you didn't get very far into the first, though, then you'll be almost totally unacclimated to the kind of spectacle that the game throws at you. Your head may blow up.

So far Mass Effect 2 for me.

Khuutra said:
d21lewis said:
CGI-Quality said:

God of War III is pretty great, though I don't guarantee you'll like it if you didn't like the first.

If you didn't get very far into the first, though, then you'll be almost totally unacclimated to the kind of spectacle that the game throws at you. Your head may blow up.

I thought GoW1 was pretty average but GoW2 was totally epic. I haven't really played GoW3 but from what I've seen it's much more like GoW2 than like GoW1.

Don't skip GoW2 lewis. The story is awesome.

For me so far it's:

1.  Super Mario Galaxy 2

2.  God of War 3

3.  Alan Wake

Haven't finished Bioshock 2 as of yet, and I haven't played ME2, Red Dead, Transformers: WFC or Picross 3D yet...